Seat Adjustment Mod for ATS UPDATED 15.11.2022

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
jeff_peters

Seat Adjustment Mod for ATS UPDATED 15.11.2022

#1 Post by jeff_peters » 24 Oct 2020 18:30

This is a mod I originally made for myself but was so happy with the result I decided to share it.

What it does:
1 - greatly enhances the limits for seat adjustment in all SCS trucks. Now you can adjust your seat way way beyond the original limits.
2 - includes my new default seat settings for all SCS trucks.
Some modded trucks are supported, check the changelog.

Compared to the original seat settings, the FOV is set to 75 degrees and the seat is set forward (quite a bit in some cases), plus an up/down tweak here and there.

This mod might be useful for you if:
- you use higher FOV than the default sixty-ish degrees.
- you move your seat forward and wish you could move it even further than the game typically lets you.
- you don't mind turning your head to see the mirrors. Seriously, if you don't like the mirror position in Mack and Lonestar, DON'T use this mod.

What I did:
- enhanced the seat limits
- set the FOV to 75
- tweaked the seat position
- tweaked the camera movement inside the cabin to be smooth with the new seat positions

Example W900:
https://imgur.com/a/alEoDov

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Holy schnitzel! You can now look around the stacks!

Download link:

Version 1.4 https://sharemods.com/171ess2vk1ov/Seat ... d.scs.html

Version 1.4 changelog:
-added SCS International 9900 and WS 57X

Version 1.3 (old) https://sharemods.com/ju4pom16pszi/Seat ... d.scs.html

Version 1.3 changelog
- tweaks here and there
- added support for SCS Int LT and Harven's Int 520HX

Version 1.2 (old) https://sharemods.com/cj8ju8vu8tcx/Seat ... d.scs.html

Version 1.2 changelog:

- minor tweaks
- camera movement tweaks
- added support for Harven's Mack R, Freightliner FLB, Argosy + SCS Cascadia

Version 1.1 (old) https://sharemods.com/eqv1t5pzq21x/Seat ... d.scs.html

Version 1.1 changelog:

- minor tweaks to the seat position in some trucks.

Added modded trucks:

Kenworth W990 edited by Harven
Kenworth K100e by Mr.Overfloater
Freightliner FLC by XBS

old - Version 1.0 - old https://sharemods.com/mwgc1gkaip6d/Seat ... d.scs.html

Feel free to use and adjust the mod however you wish. Everyone's setup is a bit different so take the new defaults more like a start that you can tweak to your liking. If you hate my settings, it's fine. They aren't meant for everyone.

After enabling the mod, you need to reset your seat position to default on trucks you have already driven! All trucks that you buy after enabling the mod will have the seat position applied correctly. You will also need to adjust the steering wheel tilt.

I highly recommend using the Realistic Mirror FOV by TruckerKid or (if you use the Sound Fixes Pack) True Mirror FOV by Edward (both on Steam Workshop).

Credits: I used the camera files originally packed with each truck and modified them, so credit goes to SCS, Harven, XBS, Mr.Overfloater.
Last edited by jeff_peters on 15 Nov 2022 19:52, edited 12 times in total.
jeff_peters

Re: Seat Adjustment Mod for ATS 1.38+ UPDATED 7.11.2020

#3 Post by jeff_peters » 17 Dec 2020 13:18

Version 1.2 link in the OP.

Version 1.2 changelog:

- minor tweaks
- camera movement tweaks
- added support for Harven's Mack R, Freightliner FLB, Argosy + SCS Cascadia
jeff_peters

Re: Seat Adjustment Mod for ATS 1.39+ UPDATED 17.12.2020

#5 Post by jeff_peters » 23 Dec 2020 06:00

Thank you for the kind words. That's the Realistic Graphics Mod by Frkn64 - available on Steam Workshop.
Travismods

#6 Post by Travismods » 31 Mar 2021 22:29

Can you please make this compatible with Jon Rudas?
busted85

#7 Post by busted85 » 31 Mar 2021 23:09

Will this allow for the seat to go further back? The Cascadia feels like you have your chest on the steering wheel.
jeff_peters

#8 Post by jeff_peters » 01 Apr 2021 04:48

koolizz wrote: 31 Mar 2021 22:29 Can you please make this compatible with Jon Rudas?
I'm afraid I won't, since I do not own any of his trucks. You can do this on your own, however. Look into the mod, you need two files: one modifies seat limits, the other modifies camera position and movement. Put them both into the mod archive (including folder structure) and change the values. I kept the seat limits consistent among trucks to keep it simple. The camera position file is a bit complicated. Start with setting FOV to 75 and default camera tilt to -3 (what I use). Then go to the game and adjust your seat to how you like it. Each "click" of the seat is +-0.02 in the seat coordinates. So if default coordinates are (0,-0.02,0.02) and you move your seat 1 click down and two clicks forward, you will change the coordinates to (0,-0.04,-0.02). You may need to move the animations after that, this was trial and error for me, the coordinates work the same way within a specific angle of the camera. When testing, always click "set default position" in the game first.

@busted85: You can change the seat position in any way you like. Just the default position is different.
Gabitxu

#9 Post by Gabitxu » 18 Apr 2021 23:27

Hi, I would like to try this mod but if I disable it the cameras options return to default?
jeff_peters

#10 Post by jeff_peters » 19 Apr 2021 06:12

@Gabitxu Yes, the camera will return to default, although you probably will have to press the "Return to defaults" button in the F4 seat menu - do this both after installing and uninstalling the mod.

Return to “Others”