Koolizz NVIDIA Overlay preset for extremely realistic ATS (NVIDIA users only)

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
rayfighter

Re: Koolizz NVIDIA Overlay preset for extremely realistic ATS (NVIDIA users only)

#51 Post by rayfighter » 05 Feb 2021 17:55

koolizz wrote: 03 Dec 2020 07:56
PXM Twizt3d wrote: 03 Dec 2020 03:08 For some reason I keep getting the issue of game not supported when i click game filters.
That has happened to me in the past. Make sure you have added the game to Geforce Experience, which should be automatic but double check that. I had to disable and enable the overlay funtion then run ATS and then run ATS again, its under the Share menu before it would support ATS. You might also try updating your NVIDIA driver and rebooting.
I don't see Twizt3d coming back to this thread yet, but I do have a same problem.
NVIDIA Geforce Experience whines on me that this game is not supported.
I have ATS (and ETS2) in a list of "GAMES" in Geforce Experience, it says the game is not optimized but that's okay, and I did try steps recommended above:
- doublechecked for ATS in games listed, installed new Geforce driver, restarted Windows (imagine! :D), tried to disable/enable In-Game Overlay, run and re-run ATS again, switch from Windowed to Full Screen in ATS graphics options, no cigar for me yet.
What i didn't try yet, was turning off Geforce "surround" mode, for 3 monitors, but I kinda refused to even try that desperate attempt, because I kinda refuse to play ATS on single monitor :D

If any of you guys had similar issue, and solved it, it would be bodacious to share! Thank you ;)

Koolizz, dude, those screenshots you have there look beautiful! Looking forward for new SCS hdri lighting and how you will comment on it! From your how-to it felt like I'm reading a fellow 3D CG dude. Pure enjoyment. <3
Travismods

Re: Koolizz NVIDIA Overlay preset for extremely realistic ATS (NVIDIA users only)

#52 Post by Travismods » 05 Feb 2021 23:41

axelrol wrote: 05 Feb 2021 10:37
Atsmith wrote: 03 Feb 2021 23:03 Can anybody let me know how he gets exact values on GeForce experience? The sliders don’t go to exact measurements. Thanks!

@koolizz, any plans of making something with Nvidia Overlay for new default weather? :)
I did try to run ProjectNG 1.8 with 1.40 yesterday and it sort of works although it did look abit off. The mod itself I mean. The filter needs a total rework. As I tried tweaking this filter I discovered that it wasn't easy anymore to get it to were I want it and so I still think 1.39 with my original filter settings looks better than 1.40 without or even with the filter.

What I really like are the new reflections on 1.40 they added, that has been much needed. However, I am not impressed with the skyboxes, I am torn on the lighting and it is crystal clear that the skyboxes of ProjectNG 1.8 (which I use with my filter) are still vastly superior to what SCS has done in 1.40. They just do not compare. The SCS skyboxes of 1.40 appears to be relatively low resolution, some clouds look pretty blurry at 1440p for example. The lighting is interesting, but even the lighting I am partly still more impressed with my results with the filter on 1.39 than 1.40. 1.40 vanilla is too purple for my taste and not clear enough. I wish we could inject 1.40 reflections into 1.39, would be the perfect combination :)

What sincerely worries me though is that once I opted in for the 1.40 beta, the HDR-option that I mention in my post that must be turned off was no longer available in the graphics options to be turned off. SCS seemed to have removed it. As a result, I noticed that I couldn't get quite a clear an image before applying the filter either because the HDR pre-smudges the image, and my worry is that SCS has incorporated the HDR setting to be a permanent on-feature that the user can no longer turn off. In that case, I hope to god it can still be disabled with a console command because it basically ruins the filter beforehand. I pray that once 1.40 is out we will still be able to extract an as unmanipulated image as possible from the game (no hdr, no color correction, no color fx) and not be stuck with built-in SCS HDR-effects. I just wish they still give us that freedom so we can place on top of a clear image the filter. Thats the beauty of ProjectNG weather too for me, it looks so natural, it doesn't try to do anything with the colors like pop them or bring out certain colors. It just looks natural, true to life leaving you headroom to add decent contrast, sharpness, tiny additions like blue filters etc because you are dealing with a nice, clean, undistorted image.

So, once ProjectNG gets adjusted to the 1.40 lighting, I think I can start tinkering again with a new filter to produce equal or even superior results, just as long as HDR still can be kept off. It is however clear to me that 1.40 will NOT be the end-all be-all complete graphics overhaul people talked about in that it would render mods like ProjectNG 1.8 weather obsolete. The result you get with ProjectNG 1.8 + Nvidia filter will likely still be the best looking result for some time in the future, my guess is even once 1.40 is out of beta. To me, 1.40 looks akin in quality to Realistic Graphics mod, which isn't bad, but nowhere close to ProjectNG 1.8 + Nvidia filter. I guess I just don't see SCS sourcing realistic looking 8K skyboxes on par with ProjectNG 1.8 and so until they do I hope we can keep running ProjectNG + a filter with HDR, color correction and all those nasty things off.

[ external image ]
Lolsmurf

#53 Post by Lolsmurf » 06 Feb 2021 07:56

Sisil said HDR won't be an option to be disabled anymore, as it is implemented directly with the new lighting and can't be disabled when the new lighting is active.

Can't we play with the color corrections? Skyboxes will come one moment for sure, but I have to disagree that 1.39 with this looks better than 1.40.

The nights look much bettee, same for flares, lights and reflections.
Travismods

#54 Post by Travismods » 06 Feb 2021 11:26

Lolsmurf wrote: 06 Feb 2021 07:56 Sisil said HDR won't be an option to be disabled anymore, as it is implemented directly with the new lighting and can't be disabled when the new lighting is active.

Can't we play with the color corrections? Skyboxes will come one moment for sure, but I have to disagree that 1.39 with this looks better than 1.40.

The nights look much bettee, same for flares, lights and reflections.
Welp, thats bad news for me then. The biggest roadblock with getting a natural look through a filter or a Reshade would be forced built-in HDR by the game. But I do agree that 1.40 looks good at night and with the better light sources and reflections. However, the skyboxes are not very good and in terms of true-to-life color accuracy the new lighting is not that convincing to me either.
Lolsmurf

#55 Post by Lolsmurf » 06 Feb 2021 12:22

Yeah I agree, I hope either SCS or a modder adds some 4K skyboxes to replace these default ones with the blurry clouds.
Deltatristar500

#56 Post by Deltatristar500 » 06 Feb 2021 15:28

Ive noticed that SCS likes to use that yellowish tint to their day light colors, dont care for that
Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550
Asus Ryzen 9 5800x3D
Asus Geforce 4080 RTX OC Edition
64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz
EVGA 850W Power Supply
2 TB NVME PCIE gen 4
Windows 10
Digital X

#57 Post by Digital X » 08 Feb 2021 21:00

I'll load up my game on 1.40 and see what I can come up with regarding Nvidia Overlay. Obviously I cannot make it perfect for every monitor out there but I will try and find a happy medium.
plykkegaard

#58 Post by plykkegaard » 08 Feb 2021 21:05

Thanks 👍🙂

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Zeusthe_kingg

#59 Post by Zeusthe_kingg » 08 Feb 2021 22:40

I wish I had an NVIDIA, now I'm thinking about putting in my nvidia GPU.
Digital X

#60 Post by Digital X » 08 Feb 2021 22:53

Quick update, I am almost done with the preset. I am aiming for a "cool" tone so it will not be vibrant. I'll edit this post with imgur links once I am happy with it, should be about 10 minutes.

Exterior view: https://i.imgur.com/Qs0zpgx.jpg

Interior view: https://i.imgur.com/m2DW081.jpg

Nvidia Overlay settings: https://i.imgur.com/TM6UCXc.jpg

Will need to fiddle with Nvidia Profile Inspector as I am getting jaggies again.

I am not using any graphic/weather mods, just the new Chihuahua beta by Eblem Torres. Screenshots were taken around 8:10am.

Return to “Others”