[REL] Daniels ATS Random Events

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
danbywinby

Re: [REL] Daniels Random Events

#51 Post by danbywinby » 06 Mar 2021 16:44

@jarryed

When I say remove i am only referring to the breakdown events where there is literally just the vehicle broken down and nothing else at all.

I am very glad to hear those kind words. In all honesty the trailer fire event is actually a default model in ATS so I'm sure it is somewhere in the default SCS events.

I do not think your comments are harsh at all. Personally I welcome all comments on my mod, especially comments about stuff you don't like or stuff that you think could be improved. Because then I can think about how to improve a certain thing and how to make it better or fix what is wrong.
jarryed

#52 Post by jarryed » 06 Mar 2021 16:49

Gotcha on that breakdown event.

I have never seen the trailer fire in ATS until I ran your mod. I have had the random events slider turned up to max ever since we got them in 1.29. If it is included it must be an extremely low spawn rate or not active at all.
You can never make a miserable person who complains about everything happy. They live by "If I can't be happy then no one can be happy."
zach354

#53 Post by zach354 » 07 Mar 2021 01:03

I don't typically comment, but personally I think having a police car behind the broken down vehicle is the most accurate. They would be the first to show in most scenarios. Definitely a lot harder to miss too.

Love the mod by the way, definitely brings much needed variety to the random events. :D
danbywinby

#54 Post by danbywinby » 07 Mar 2021 14:30

This was not my original intention for today. But this has turned out so well that i just could not stop myself.

I am so happy with how this has turned out.

[ external image ]
hahnson

#55 Post by hahnson » 07 Mar 2021 17:28

Personally i think sometimes just having a broken down car and nothing else is quite realistic, perhaps not in the left lanes but its known to happen (but usually after ques thou)
danbywinby

#56 Post by danbywinby » 07 Mar 2021 19:33

@hahnson i do agree that it is realistic, perhaps I should instead make it so that those breakdown events with just the vehicle and nothing else only spawn on the single carriageway roads instead of the dual carriage ways or motorways.

I also agree with your point about the queues realistically you would get traffic jams building up very soon after any of these events so this would serve as a warning but in game traffic jams just don't happen because of the way the AI spawns.
Damo2891

#57 Post by Damo2891 » 08 Mar 2021 03:44

Great work my friend :-) Cant wait for the new update for 1.40 patch :-)
hahnson

#58 Post by hahnson » 08 Mar 2021 14:55

danbywinby wrote: 07 Mar 2021 19:33 @hahnson i do agree that it is realistic, perhaps I should instead make it so that those breakdown events with just the vehicle and nothing else only spawn on the single carriageway roads instead of the dual carriage ways or motorways.

I also agree with your point about the queues realistically you would get traffic jams building up very soon after any of these events so this would serve as a warning but in game traffic jams just don't happen because of the way the AI spawns.
Yes could be a plan, and if on highway that it only happens on the hard shoulder, (if possible)

What i meant was that in ques or after a queing has occured it is quite common for cars to have breakdowns and be stranded, in normal condition most drivers manages to escape to the hard shoulder
danbywinby

#59 Post by danbywinby » 08 Mar 2021 18:56

@hahnson Yes that is definitely possible. I think currently my hard shoulder breakdown events always have the warning triangle so i could certainly add the possibility for it to not have the warning triangle sometimes.

I am absolutely loving what am i now able to do with this sign.

I have now figured out a way to show lane closures on this sign, also added a roadworks image and figured out a way to (sort of) having flashing lights in the 4 corners.

These will definitely be in the next version of my random events mods, not sure yet if i will completely replace my 'LANE CLOSURE SLOW DOWN' and 'ACCIDENT SLOW DOWN' signs with these new ones or keep them in for variety.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
walmartdude00

#60 Post by walmartdude00 » 04 Apr 2021 14:20

danbywinby wrote: 08 Mar 2021 18:56 @hahnson Yes that is definitely possible. I think currently my hard shoulder breakdown events always have the warning triangle so i could certainly add the possibility for it to not have the warning triangle sometimes.

I am absolutely loving what am i now able to do with this sign.

I have now figured out a way to show lane closures on this sign, also added a roadworks image and figured out a way to (sort of) having flashing lights in the 4 corners.

These will definitely be in the next version of my random events mods, not sure yet if i will completely replace my 'LANE CLOSURE SLOW DOWN' and 'ACCIDENT SLOW DOWN' signs with these new ones or keep them in for variety.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Those look amazing! It will definitely look great with 1.40 since we went live..

Return to “Others”