[REL] Daniels ATS Random Events

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
danbywinby

Re: [REL] Daniels Random Events

#121 Post by danbywinby » 12 Aug 2021 17:20

I remeber it was mentioned on here that it would be more realistic for ATS for the VMS signs to have text instead of the icons.

So i have created new versions of the VMS signs that use text instead of the icons.

You can see them in the screenshot below in front of their icon counterpart.

[ external image ]

Would you rather see these text vms signs completely replace the icon vms signs or should i have both versions possible to spawn?
KrysEmlyn

#122 Post by KrysEmlyn » 12 Aug 2021 18:43

The image based VMS trailers seem to be very appropriate for Europe, but out of place here in the US.
I'd rather the text based ones replace the image based ones, even if it's done via an optional patch file.
Hvwkins

#123 Post by Hvwkins » 12 Aug 2021 23:55

I agree with Krys on that. The only imagery that typically appears on some electronic signs here is a yellow arrow indicating a necessary lane change. I think the text VMS should replace the image VMS.
Optional Features

#124 Post by Optional Features » 13 Aug 2021 06:33

Definitely text: road work ahead is a common one. I pass one daily that says night paving.
danbywinby

#125 Post by danbywinby » 13 Aug 2021 07:40

Thank you all for your thoughts. I shall make the text ones replace the image ones then.

@seriousmods I believe there is already a "road work ahead" sign in the game however I will probably update that one to be one of mine with the flashing dots to make them all match.

I thought I was ready for release however I've now realised that I need to do the retroreflective cones again because I lost those files when I had the computer problems a few months back. But after that I should be ready for release.
Optional Features

#126 Post by Optional Features » 13 Aug 2021 16:16

danbywinby wrote: 13 Aug 2021 07:40 Thank you all for your thoughts. I shall make the text ones replace the image ones then.

@seriousmods I believe there is already a "road work ahead" sign in the game however I will probably update that one to be one of mine with the flashing dots to make them all match.

I thought I was ready for release however I've now realised that I need to do the retroreflective cones again because I lost those files when I had the computer problems a few months back. But after that I should be ready for release.
Ok, awesome! And is the traffic slowdown idea possible now? Either way, I will have to check this out again.
danbywinby

#127 Post by danbywinby » 13 Aug 2021 20:54

Retroreflective traffic cones now done and whilst i was at it i also added a second stripe to them. This has been done for both the default SCS ones and the building ones i use for the cone tapers.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Should now be ready for release very soon just need to run through some more testing.

@seriousmods No that will not be possible for the next release that will require a lot more experimenting before that will be possible to add to the mod.
Optional Features

#128 Post by Optional Features » 13 Aug 2021 21:17

danbywinby wrote: 13 Aug 2021 20:54 Retroreflective traffic cones now done and whilst i was at it i also added a second stripe to them. This has been done for both the default SCS ones and the building ones i use for the cone tapers.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Should now be ready for release very soon just need to run through some more testing.

@seriousmods No that will not be possible for the next release that will require a lot more experimenting before that will be possible to add to the mod.
Ok, awesome! Thanks for even exploring it.
danbywinby

#129 Post by danbywinby » 16 Aug 2021 17:21

New version released.

Changes in V1.2:
  • Created my own version of the default channels (Drain Covers) events and updated the models to include collisions.
  • Copied across my version of the asphalt patches events from ETS2 (this includes updating the models to include collisions).
  • Fixed issues with the Highway Maintenance SUV.
  • Tweaked the recovery events so that the Highway Maintenance truck will always spawn behind the broken down vehicle to warn oncoming traffic.
  • Added 2 new crashed vehicles to the able to spawn at the dynamic accident events.
  • Changed the default traffic cone to have a second white strip and to make the white strips retroreflective to make it more realistic and to make it easier to be seen at night time.
  • Replaced the VMS signs with new text only versions to make them more relaistic.
First post updated with new download link.

Any issues do please let me know and i will aim to get them fixed as soon as i can.

Any suggestions for future additions do please let me know.
ATLANTIK7773

#130 Post by ATLANTIK7773 » 16 Aug 2021 17:32

Thank you for your work, this is just a fantastic new stage of reality! Good luck with great respect to you!

Return to “Others”