[REL] Daniels ATS Random Events

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
danbywinby

Re: [REL] Daniels Random Events

#21 Post by danbywinby » 01 Feb 2021 08:26

Thank you very much for all the positive messages all glad to hear that you are all enjoying it.

@FaantBoy501 Thank you. I will have a look into that. It would be really helpful if you could give me some more information or even some screenshots please.
Lolsmurf

#22 Post by Lolsmurf » 01 Feb 2021 21:39

Well done, great mod and added to my modlist as well. I hope you keep working on it in future releases too.
Travismods

#23 Post by Travismods » 05 Feb 2021 21:39

Nice mod, although I dislike that each event contains the same car model. Its like the same exact car model broke down all over the map...you think you could get some vehicle variety on this mod?
danbywinby

#24 Post by danbywinby » 05 Feb 2021 22:35

@koolizz thank you for bringing that to my attention. I cant believe I have not noticed that before. I had already planned to add broken down vans in the next version but ill see if I can add some more car models as well.
KrysEmlyn

#25 Post by KrysEmlyn » 06 Feb 2021 04:03

What I did for the ETS2 version of this mod was alter the parked car hookup for the disabled vehicle that had the hood open so that all cars could spawn in that same location.
It provided a little more variety for my tastes, but it does involve editing the "special_vehicles.sii" file to do this. My modified version of the file is contained to a personal mod.

I'd suggest making a new hookup file that is specifically packed with this mod to do the same thing so other mods don't disrupt things if the "special_vehicles.sii" file gets altered.
A new model file would have to be made to make it so the new hookup can be placed at random events properly, though.
Shouldn't be too hard for Dan to do since I've seen the screenshots of the models they made for the ETS2 version of this mod.
danbywinby

#26 Post by danbywinby » 06 Feb 2021 07:48

@KrysEmlyn that is basically exactly what I do :lol: I really love the hookup system that SCS has created for this because it allows me to use the default SCS vehicle models but change things like switching the hazard lights on or making different vehicles spawn without needing to actually edit the 3D models themselves.

Unfortunately it appears that the vehicle that has the hood open is only available as one model so the other vehicle models I add as broken down won't have the hood open but it will add to the variety. I'm not sure if this issue also affects my ETS2 Random Events mod but its certainly something I will be looking into.
Travismods

#27 Post by Travismods » 06 Feb 2021 11:01

danbywinby wrote: 06 Feb 2021 07:48 @KrysEmlyn that is basically exactly what I do :lol: I really love the hookup system that SCS has created for this because it allows me to use the default SCS vehicle models but change things like switching the hazard lights on or making different vehicles spawn without needing to actually edit the 3D models themselves.

Unfortunately it appears that the vehicle that has the hood open is only available as one model so the other vehicle models I add as broken down won't have the hood open but it will add to the variety. I'm not sure if this issue also affects my ETS2 Random Events mod but its certainly something I will be looking into.
I'll speak for myself but I'd rather have some vehicle variety on these events with closed hoods than to have the same car model over and over again with the hood open. For broken down cars, its even more realistic that not every one you see on the road would have the hood open. Usually when I see people stranded on side of the road, they dont have the hood open and smoke coming out. Thats a rather extreme and statistically unlikely scenario. Its always that one same model too:

[ external image ]
danbywinby

#28 Post by danbywinby » 06 Feb 2021 11:24

@koolizz that makes sense to me. I will add some more variety of cars to the breakdown/recovery events in the next version. I'll also add vans as I had already planned to. I'm pretty sure not all the breakdown/recovery events have smoke though ill double check that. How realistic would it be to have smoke with the hood closed I wonder? Something I will think about and consider anyways.
danbywinby

#29 Post by danbywinby » 08 Feb 2021 22:24

In the next version of my ATS Random Events mod you may come across some police cars parked on the hard shoulder of the highways. However you may want to be careful when driving past them because they are not just sitting there enjoying the view, they are conducting speed checks to make sure nobody is speeding.
[ external image ]

Also you may come across some broken down vans as i have managed to add broken down vans as well.
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
fusebox

#30 Post by fusebox » 08 Feb 2021 22:28

This is getting better and better! Looking forward to the next release

Return to “Others”