[REL] Daniels ATS Random Events

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Damo2891

Re: [REL] Daniels Random Events

#71 Post by Damo2891 » 28 Apr 2021 06:22

looking really really good man!! Really this mod is must have for me in all of my ATS profiles which I have like 7 or 8 of those :-) really want to try new version as there was few little cosmetic bugs to be fixed like some people mentioned before with those safety triangles being sideways and stuff like that :-) great work @danbywinby !!
danbywinby

#72 Post by danbywinby » 28 Apr 2021 09:49

@Damo2891 thank you very much for the kind words. The next version is coming soon and yes that issue with the warning triangles will be fixed in the next version. Just doing last minute testing at the moment. Hope to have the new version out this week or next week.
Damo2891

#73 Post by Damo2891 » 30 Apr 2021 06:42

sounds good man cant wait for that like this is simple mod I mean seems to be simple mod but adds so much more realism into the game so I am pretty sure that a lot of people think like I do and this mod is must have for them as it is for me :-) one again thank you for your hard work and keep it up buddy :-)
danbywinby

#74 Post by danbywinby » 30 Apr 2021 07:21

@Damo2891 trust me when I say it is not simple. It started out as simple yes but it has evolved and become so big that it is no longer simple :lol:
Damo2891

#75 Post by Damo2891 » 30 Apr 2021 10:31

that is exactly what I meant it seems simple but id definitely is not either way you are doing great work and keep it up !!!
danbywinby

#76 Post by danbywinby » 08 May 2021 13:39

New version released.

Apologies this has taken so long. I had hoped to release this last weekend however my computer decided to completely crash on me and so i lost the last month and halfs worth of work on this mod (now moved to a better backup solutlion).

In the next version i hope to completely improve the roadworks events, i had hoped to have the new retroreflective roadwork barriers and cones however this will have to wait until the next version.

Changes in V1.1:
  • Basically now in complete synchronisation with the ETS2 version so has the same event types and variations as the ETS2 version.
  • All accident events are now completely dynamic.
  • New VMS signs with images for warning of an event ahead.
  • Issue with warning triangle facing the wrong way fixed.
  • Decreased chance of accident events spawning with crashed vehicles facing the wrong way.
  • Slightly decreased chance of accident events spawning.
  • Removed 'narrow' city accident events (this may only be temporary, want to see if this will increase the spawn rate of the city roadwork and channelse events).
  • Made 'narrow' accident events no longer able to spawn on 2 lane roads.
  • Removed the 'urban_area' limit on the 'city' one lane accident events (these events will now only spawn on 2 lane roads if the shoulder size is less than 1.5 this should prevent them from spawning on the main highways/motorways).
First post updated with new download link.

Any issues do please let me know and i will aim to get them fixed as soon as i can.

Any suggestions for future additions do please let me know.
Last edited by danbywinby on 08 May 2021 17:06, edited 1 time in total.
Damo2891

#77 Post by Damo2891 » 08 May 2021 16:45

thank you very much for your great work my friend!!! also I didnt see that in changes but did you fix those emergency triangles that were showing sideways to show properly?
danbywinby

#78 Post by danbywinby » 08 May 2021 17:05

@Damo2891 Yes that should now be all fixed. Sorry for not including it in the change list, it's very difficult to remember all the work I've done and I fixed it a while ago so had completely forgotten about it :lol:

I have edited the change notes to include it now.
jersey09

#79 Post by jersey09 » 08 May 2021 23:08

Love this mod! and never worry about how long it takes to update man RL first.
danbywinby

#80 Post by danbywinby » 23 May 2021 11:08

Hi All

So i am currently improving and making my own versions of the narrow roadworks events in ETS2 and also looking to do the same in ATS.

Being from the UK myself i don't know much about what american roadworks are like and finding good and correct resourses and images of them online is difficult.

Having a look at the narrow roadworks events that are currently in ATS it looks like they use the same cone that is used in the accident random events and the vertical roadworks barrier from ETS2. This doesn't seem correct to me.
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

I have noticed that they use these barrels for when an entire lane is being blocked, i don't know if this would be more realistic to use for only blocking half the lane though or not.
[ external image ]

If anybody would like to provide me with some information on what american roadworks are like it would be really appreciated.

Return to “Others”