[REL] Daniels ATS Random Events

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Optional Features

Re: [REL] Daniels Random Events

#111 Post by Optional Features » 18 Jul 2021 23:24

Awesome, yeah! It doesn't even have to be much of a slowdown, say to 35 or 45, but it would add a ton of realism as rubberneckers (even across the highway) tend to greatly back things up every time there is an incident. Thank you!
Hvwkins

#112 Post by Hvwkins » 18 Jul 2021 23:37

Meant to say I was surprised at the number of Volvo SUVs I've seen but I had a bit of a typo I realized. The Audi A6 looks reasonable enough and the second one looks like it could pass as a Subaru so I personally wouldn't bat an eye at them. The third one is certainly one I'd look twice at, though.
danbywinby

#113 Post by danbywinby » 19 Jul 2021 07:16

@Hvwkins and @zach354 thank you both for your comments, I'll add converting some of them over onto my list. At this rate ATS will end up with more variety than ETS2 :lol:

@zach354 with regards to the signs I did use to use text but then changed to the red warning triangle with the pictures because it allowed me to be able to use the signs for more types of events e.g. broken down vehicles rather than being restricted to just accidents. However I am more than happy to change them back or at least add text only versions back in and have both types if that is more realistic.

@seriousmods I'm not sure if I would be able to have a speed change affect the opposite side of the carriageway on a highway. It might be possible but I'm not 100% sure on it because if I add a traffic rule to a sign then that will only affect traffic facing the sign. However if I use the traffic area tool then that might be possible if I make the traffic area big enough but then it might end up affecting other roads close by. Unfortunately the biggest issue here is that I have already made my events able to spawn on as many different road types as possible and obviously different road types are different sizes (some have 1 lane, some have 3 lanes etc.) and have different speed limits (i had had quick look at the existing traffic rules in the traffic_rules def file and it doesn't look like I can dynamically change the speed limit e.g. - 10 from the current limit so I need to find a speed limit that will work for all types of roads that it could possibly spawn on and will hopefully not be a dramatic drop that the AI are slamming their brakes on and you end crashing into the back of them). I think the best way to do this is to use a 'traffic rule' on the signs approaching the incident (this would be either the VMS signs or the highway suv or the warning triangle) and then have an 'invisible' sign at the end of the event setting the speed limit back to default. If possible I would like this to be an AI vehicle only speed limit just to make it a little more realistic.
zach354

#114 Post by zach354 » 19 Jul 2021 17:00

Happy to be of help. And I personally think it's more realistic for the signs. Maybe a poll to see what others would think? An alternative could be "SLOW - VEHICLE ON SHOULDER" for broken down vehicles as well.
Last edited by zach354 on 19 Jul 2021 18:09, edited 1 time in total.
Optional Features

#115 Post by Optional Features » 26 Jul 2021 00:17

@danbywinby Sounds awesome: I will be looking forward to checking it out.
labul01

#116 Post by labul01 » 09 Aug 2021 22:45

In a load order, where would it go?
danbywinby

#117 Post by danbywinby » 10 Aug 2021 15:53

Hi @labul01 It shouldn't matter too much where it goes in load order however that will largely depend on what other mods you are using.
labul01

#118 Post by labul01 » 10 Aug 2021 16:11

@danbywinby Im using graphics/logo mods, ai traffic, etc so should it go?
danbywinby

#119 Post by danbywinby » 10 Aug 2021 19:13

@labul01 none of those sound like they should conflict so order should not matter
danbywinby

#120 Post by danbywinby » 11 Aug 2021 21:57

I have added two new crashed vehicles to the pool of crashed vehicles that spawn at the accident scenes. One of these is one from ETS2 and one that i actually found in ATS so not sure if this is one i didn't notice before or one that was added in a recent update. But anyways more variety is good. I do plan to convert more over from ETS2 but not sure if that will be done before the next release or not.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

I have also tweaked the recovery events so that the 'Highway Maintenance' vehicle will always spawn in front of the broken down vehicle so as to warn oncoming traffic and i have also made it possible for both the 'Highway Maintenance' vehicle and recovery truck to be on scene at the same time.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Return to “Others”