[REL] Daniels ATS Random Events

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Travismods

Re: [REL] Daniels Random Events

#31 Post by Travismods » 09 Feb 2021 14:39

Really nice! Did you manage to also get some variety in cars (not vans)? So if we have a car its not only that Lincoln car model I mentioned above. Be nice to have some different cars in these scenarios.
danbywinby

#32 Post by danbywinby » 09 Feb 2021 17:06

@koolizz almost there ;)

[ external image ]

It's a bit hard to see in the picture but all of these vehicles have their hazard lights flashing.

This is showing three different 'types' of cars that will dynamically generate each time they spawn.

Only thing left for me to do is create the cutscenes for them. :D
Travismods

#33 Post by Travismods » 09 Feb 2021 17:48

Very nice! Good work my man. An idea for the future would be to include vehicles from Jazzycats ai traffic mod beyond the vanilla vehicles you used, could make for some pretty dynamic scenarios as there are many nice vehicles in that packs. One could even use models from the motorcycle or classic cars pack.
Last edited by Mohegan13 on 10 Feb 2021 13:31, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: rule 2.12
jarryed

#34 Post by jarryed » 10 Feb 2021 13:27

Please only use SCS traffic models for this. Having to download and use jazzycat mods is not an ideal choice in my opinion.

Having less mod dependency is the better way to go.
You can never make a miserable person who complains about everything happy. They live by "If I can't be happy then no one can be happy."
fusebox

#35 Post by fusebox » 10 Feb 2021 15:22

If that gets added it could be an option you could choose after downloading
danbywinby

#37 Post by danbywinby » 11 Feb 2021 08:52

@koolizz Personally i have no experience with Jazzycats AI Traffic mod and at the moment have no plans to incorporate it into my mod. However what i will say is that depending on exactly how the vehicles from the mod have been setup it's possible that they will automatically spawn in my events however that could also cause issues though.

@jarryed As i said above do not worry it is it not in my current plans to incorporate any vehicles from any mods. It is much easier and in my opinion safer in terms of future compatibility to stick with SCS vehicles and models.

Anyways last night i decided that seen as i was already converting a load of vehicles/models to have their hazard lights on so that i can use them in my breakdown/recovery events and maybe other events in the future. I thought i may as well convert some more.

[ external image ]

I might be overdoing it a little :lol:
Damo2891

#38 Post by Damo2891 » 11 Feb 2021 11:01

Very nice the progress on the update looks really good by the way I really enjoy your mod makes the game that much better :-) so I just wanted to say Thank You for the mod and hope that you keep updating it and maintaining the mod with SCS updates and all that good stuff :-) but yeah Thank you again @danbywinby
danbywinby

#39 Post by danbywinby » 11 Feb 2021 17:30

@Damo2891 thank you very much for the kind words and you are very welcome. I fully intend to keep working on this mod and my ETS2 equivalent for quite a while yet (So long as SCS doesn't release an update which completely renders all my work so far useless, which I very much doubt will happen), I have many ideas for ways to improve my current eventsand make them more varied and for completely new events to create and add, I am also always happy to hear other peoples ideas of what they would like to see added obviously I cannot promise that I can add anything that is suggested as there are limitations as to what I can add but if its something I can add then I will do my best.
MercilessFir

#40 Post by MercilessFir » 12 Feb 2021 14:19

How are detour events spawned? Are they programmed to consider alternative roads or highways? Also, can the driver be warned detours are required?

Return to “Others”