Real Gas Stations Revival Project 1.2 [ATS 1.43] [14/01/2022]

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
airflow

Re: Real Gas Stations Revival Project 1.0 [ATS 1.39]

#31 Post by airflow » 30 Dec 2020 16:18

Big thanks for this mod, I´ve been waiting for a mod like this since P16 folded his companymod. A question, are you planning to use the sunoco and the texacostation with the black roof for more places than California area, i´ve yet to see those two in any other area and they both look so good. Keep up the good work and thanks again.
bigkast

#32 Post by bigkast » 31 Dec 2020 17:21

Thanks for cool mod!
Especially the 76 are really nice!! ;) :)
Found this warnings in gamelog:

00:00:00.667 : <WARNING> [mods] Unknown category 'others' defined for Real_Gas_Stations_Revival_Project_1.0. Ignoring.
00:00:00.667 : <WARNING> [mods] No valid categories defined for Real_Gas_Stations_Revival_Project_1.0. Setting defaults.

And a question/suggestion: Chevron gas stations are in some states(idaho Utah, colorado, WA etc.) way too many (especially the ones you can fuel up your truck. You drive along and pass chevron, chevron and...). It seems that nearly all former chemron and gallon gas stations have become chevron there. Is it possible to reduce their number and replace them by other brands in a future update? :?:
Pedrom029

#33 Post by Pedrom029 » 31 Dec 2020 21:42

@bigkast
I will fix the warning in the next update, altough does not impact the game in any way
As for the gas stations thas exactly what i'm trying to do. I think the game has too many gallon(texaco) stations and I'm trying to add more diversity
I'm also trying to add the real counterparts to the major known truckstops p.e at baker truck corral in real life is a sinclar and in game a chevron but I still don't know how to change them without changing the map itself.

I'm thinking of reducing the GP(BP) gas stations too and add more 76 and Arco but I need some opinions.
Pedrom029

#34 Post by Pedrom029 » 31 Dec 2020 21:57

Which gas station brands you would like to see in the game? I need your opinions
I have some in mind.
Added but still needs more: Union 76, Circle K, Exxon
Planning to add: Shell, Sinclair, Arco, Cenex (In a specific place)
Not sure to add: Speedway, QuikTrip, Conoco, Mobil, Philips 66
bigkast

#35 Post by bigkast » 31 Dec 2020 22:19

@Pedrom029
That sounds really good where you want to go with this mod! :)
From what i`ve seen in the mod and my personal opinion:
Sunoco - looks absolut beautiful, especially at night - i think everybody wants more of them
76 - looking really good, brand is well known by motorsport freaks(like Gulf or elf in Europe) but too seldom to see - a truck stop with their orange "76" ball sign would look awesome.
Exxon, Circle K, Flying J and TA - they are very seldom ingame to see, also good alternatives to Chevron, BP and Texaco
The rebranded baker truck corral is really eye candy - is Sinclair only there? Dino sign is cool
Arco - would be a really nice addition - they have unique, different look.
Love´s are enough out there
Shell of course, missing them
Speedway, QuikTrip, Conoco, Mobil, Philips 66 - a lot of states will come in future, perhaps adding them step by step if more diversity is wanted?
much to many to see: Chevron and texaco(especially in New Mexiko and Arizona), BP

Happy new year! :D
Last edited by bigkast on 01 Jan 2021 14:19, edited 1 time in total.
dault3883

#36 Post by dault3883 » 31 Dec 2020 23:11

iv never heard of arco gas stations before had to look it up they seem to be a western states gas station having them located in

https://www.arco.com/en-us/northwest/faqs

Are there ARCO stations throughout the United States?

ARCO gasoline stations are only located in five western states—Arizona, California, Nevada, Oregon and Washington. If you are planning to visit any of these states or want to find the closest ARCO station in your area, check the Station Locator.
Intel Core i7 10700K, Ram: G.Skill 64GB DDR4 3600, windows 11 bit OPS, MSI 3070TI Suprim X, MSI Z590 carbon Mb, EVGA 1000W power supply
bigkast

#37 Post by bigkast » 01 Jan 2021 14:16

There are small chevron gas stations with a "chemron" on the roof. If i rememeber correctly, this "chemron" is not changeable to chevron. I suggest to replace them all, with other brands - 2 for one - lesser chevron stations and getting rid of the unchangeable chemron on roof. ;) :mrgreen:
bobgrey1997

#38 Post by bobgrey1997 » 01 Jan 2021 20:47

Why do you want less Chevrons? They are rather common company.
Also, if you can't change the Chemron logo, I don't see how choosing a different brand to replace it will help, you still won't be able to change that logo. That will probably take editing the prefab model itself (or building a new one to replace the entire model with). In any case, might as well keep it as a Chevron.
bigkast

#39 Post by bigkast » 01 Jan 2021 22:02

bobgrey1997 wrote: 01 Jan 2021 20:47 Why do you want less Chevrons? They are rather common company.
Also, if you can't change the Chemron logo, I don't see how choosing a different brand to replace it will help, you still won't be able to change that logo. That will probably take editing the prefab model itself (or building a new one to replace the entire model with). In any case, might as well keep it as a Chevron.
Yes changing the prefab with one from another brand. ;) No more logo problem.
Are you using this mod?? If yes, please take a ride through Idaho, Utah, Colorado - 95% of all usable gas stations are chevron - a little bit to common in my eyes and boring... And in New Mexiko and Arizona they nearly are all Texaco, with the exception of very few BP and 2 Circle K. The best diversity is in Ca. And diversity is what Pedrom029 wants to add and i appreciate his effort.

But moment - are you from chevron advertising and your company wants a chevron only mod?? ;) :lol:
Last edited by bigkast on 01 Jan 2021 22:04, edited 1 time in total.
Pedrom029

#40 Post by Pedrom029 » 01 Jan 2021 22:03

If I haven't missed anything every Chemron station is changed to Chevron.
I'm not planning to replace chevrons for now but I will try to add the ExtraMile logo on the shop wall of some

Return to “Others”