Cold Rain v0.37 [Updated 09 Aug, 2023]

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Darkcaptain

Re: Cold Rain v0.1 for 1.40 [25 March 2021]

#21 Post by Darkcaptain » 28 Mar 2021 15:00

So i understand that can be tricky to get a balance between parameters, but i know it will worth it.
Yes, the appearance of the raindrops is somewhat complex, since I can increase their visibility with the "aux [0]" parameter, but this will only make the raindrops more visible, it will not make the raindrops show up better when there is a background black or white. The way to change this would be to modify the colors of the raindrops from the texture, but possibly this would make it look more like Realistic Rain, it would lose the feeling of blurriness and humidity. Besides, some textures of the raindrops are based on an old Mod by AlexeyP.
That is a big number out there :D Again we are restrained by game engine. Maybe one day, a new engine will come.
Yes, the number of raindrops is high, I have heard opinions of this Mod that many people liked, but they do not like not having visibility in the windows, ¿what do you think?

Reducing the number of drops in the windows in the tests I did I did not like, lost sensations... but I can do more tests and launch it as an optional addon if I achieve a decent result.
From what I read it can be seen that you put a lot of work and passion in research and testing.
Thank you, I have spent many hours with dozens of textures and tests in the Realistic Rain mod, my knowledge is not too high, but it is learned little by little if you put a lot of effort, and feedback helps improve. The rain texture of SCS has never liked me.
Loyal4ets2

#22 Post by Loyal4ets2 » 28 Mar 2021 15:40

The way to change this would be to modify the colors of the raindrops from the texture, but possibly this would make it look more like Realistic Rain, it would lose the feeling of blurriness and humidity. Besides, some textures of the raindrops are based on an old Mod by AlexeyP.
I understand. Yeah, if you do that,this mod will be like Realistic Rain. Will loose it's unique part.
Yes, the number of raindrops is high, I have heard opinions of this Mod that many people liked, but they do not like not having visibility in the windows, ¿what do you think?
In my opinion, both mods Realistic Rain and Cold Rain are great, the bad thing is that the graphic engine, doesent allow you to have both mods included in a single one file, like in real life. In someday you have a simple rain, in other day you have a less visible windshield due to bad raining. Too bad that those cannot be combined. In the end, it is up to each user to choose what rain he wants to have when he decides to play
Thank you, I have spent many hours with dozens of textures and tests in the Realistic Rain mod, my knowledge is not too high, but it is learned little by little if you put a lot of effort, and feedback helps improve. The rain texture of SCS has never liked me.
I believe that you have many days of your life, spent for your community and that's why i appreciate you. You will succed in all. I also hope that SCS will improve in the future, textures like rain, vegetation, roads, etc.
jersey09

#23 Post by jersey09 » 29 Mar 2021 21:06

Cant wait to try it out thank you for all the hard work!
An_Old_Rebel_Trucker

#24 Post by An_Old_Rebel_Trucker » 04 Apr 2021 20:10

Wait, what is that hand mod? never seen or heard of anything like that before
Who doesn't like a good ole Freightliner?

"Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose" - Kris Kristofferson
Darkcaptain

#25 Post by Darkcaptain » 05 Apr 2021 18:13

@jersey09 Thank you!

@An_Old_Rebel_Trucker Interior Driver by Gonçalo Silva
busted85

#26 Post by busted85 » 10 Apr 2021 00:42

Thanks, for the new mod I've been using your mods for a while now great work. Would it be possible to adjust the side windows a bit? For me it seems like in almost any of the raining scenarios the side windows I have to always roll the window down to see out or use the mirror.
Darkcaptain

#27 Post by Darkcaptain » 10 Apr 2021 00:49

@busted85 Yes, don't worry, I'm working on it and it's almost ready ;)
An_Old_Rebel_Trucker

#28 Post by An_Old_Rebel_Trucker » 10 Apr 2021 15:33

@DarkCaptain Thanks for the mod name man!
Who doesn't like a good ole Freightliner?

"Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose" - Kris Kristofferson
busted85

#29 Post by busted85 » 10 Apr 2021 17:30

@Darkcaptain awesome! Appreciate the work your doing.
Darkcaptain

Re: Cold Rain v0.2 for 1.40 [11 April 2021]

#30 Post by Darkcaptain » 11 Apr 2021 02:05

New version available.
Changelog v0.2

- The number of raindrops on the windows has been considerably reduced (better visibility on windows)
- Reworked textures of raindrops
- Slight changes in the behavior of the raindrops
- FMOD: Full compatibility with Sound Fixes Pack by Drive Safely
- FMOD: The sound of rain falling in the cabin has been improved (sound level, better transition for different intensities...)
- FMOD: Some improvements in thunder sounds (sound level, better fading effect, added some new sample...)
- Includes add-on: Increased raindrops on windows
Any suggestion is welcome, enjoy ;)

Return to “Others”