[REL] Improved Guardrails (Ver. 1.1)

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
supersobes
Global moderator

[REL] Improved Guardrails (Ver. 1.1)

#1 Post by supersobes » 20 Sep 2021 17:30

Introduction:

Improved Guardrails is here for American Truck Simulator! This mod increases the draw distance of the retroreflection on the guardrails as well as adds retroreflection to guardrail models that previously did not have it. With this mod, the guardrails will be sure to delineate the road on the darkest of nights.

This mod works with the new guardrails from the Wyoming DLC!

This mod supports the new guardrail models that were added in game version 1.43.

Full list of changes:

Added retroreflection and increased LOD distance of the following models:
  • us_crash_barrier_reflective_red
  • us_crash_barrier_reflective_white
  • us_crash_barrier_reflective_yellow
  • wa_crash_barrier_generic
  • wy_crash_barrier
Credits:
  • SCS Software for creating the original models and materials.
  • The members of SCS Software and the truck simulator community for providing support and information for Blender Tools and SCS files.
  • supersobes, mod author.
Download:

Click here to download the mod. (Steam Workshop)

This is version 1.1 for ATS version 1.43.

Please do not reupload this mod to any other site.

Screenshots:

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
nautofon

Re: [REL] Improved Guardrails (Ver. 1.0)

#2 Post by nautofon » 20 Sep 2021 19:00

Very nice!

How about those guard posts—if that is what you call them? Like the one in front of the Gillette sign in your 2nd image. Would it be possible to increase the visibility on these, too? Variations of these are used very frequently in ATS, sometimes in addition to a guardrail installation, as in the 2nd image past the Gillette sign. The next guard post tends to pop into view only just as I pass one of them :| It'd be great if you found a way to add that to this mod! :)
For driving without GPS navigation:  ATS Company/Facility Directory — C/FD
supersobes
Global moderator

#3 Post by supersobes » 20 Sep 2021 21:03

Increasing the retroreflectivity distance on the delineator is something I would like to do. However, the method I used on the guardrails does not seem to work for those, so I would need to find a different way to do it for those. If I can figure it out, I most definitely will make a mod for that.
plykkegaard

#4 Post by plykkegaard » 20 Sep 2021 21:15

Check the eg road marker posts, back in the days where I did this for Promods SCS had a tiny square mesh with a special shader in front of the object
This would give the retrorefelctive effect at night and not visible in the daytime
I don't know though if this is the way to do after the recent lighting changes for 1.40 and 1.41

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
ATLANTIK7773

#5 Post by ATLANTIK7773 » 21 Sep 2021 17:24

Dear Superbots, I liked your work and I need your help! I asked a lot of people, but they all do not want to speak or do not know. I am doing texture updates on the trailer and I want the reflective tape to be reflected in the game during the night, just like your fashion. How can I do this, tell me where to look or study! Is it done in Photoshop or Blender?
ATLANTIK7773

#6 Post by ATLANTIK7773 » 21 Sep 2021 17:27

Your work on the mod is awesome! It would be cool to make road signs in ETS-2, developers don't get their hands on it!
supersobes
Global moderator

#7 Post by supersobes » 22 Sep 2021 02:53

@ATLANTIK7773 The get things to be retroreflective, I just used the retroreflective shader, found in the material properties in Blender.

About the road signs in ETS2, I'm not too familiar with how the road signage in Europe is. From what I've seen, the retroreflection on it is a bit different than signs in the US, and it seems to vary from country to country. Therefore, I'm not sure if I'm the best person to make such a mod due to my lack of knowledge. I'd rather someone who knows what they're doing make that mod the correct way rather than me doing it in a way that I think is right.
bobgrey1997

#8 Post by bobgrey1997 » 22 Sep 2021 03:17

Yay, reflectors! It's always nice to see these curving off into the distance. They look amazing!
ATLANTIK7773

#9 Post by ATLANTIK7773 » 22 Sep 2021 07:32

Supersobes Thanks! You are the one person who said where to go from when creating a mod. Everyone who asked said we do not know!
Drive Safely

#10 Post by Drive Safely » 25 Sep 2021 11:02

Cool idea for a mod! Subscribed :)

Return to “Others”