AI waiting to turn right must be color-blind [NOT A BUG]

Lexx

AI waiting to turn right must be color-blind [NOT A BUG]

#1 Post by Lexx » 11 Feb 2016 12:26

On intersections like the one below every time I get into a situation like this one. I noticed that the AI waiting to turn right (on the position the arrow is pointing at) don't care about red and green light. When they have a green light, they stand in place and do nothing but the moment I get the green light, they violate the laws of the road and go through their red light.
I've also seen similar situations on the same intersection where an AI stands still on a green light and when they get red light they go forward, again violating the laws. And in order to make things even more grimm, when an AI rams me or I end up ramming an AI (because they broke the law), I get fined for that!

[ external image ]
Last edited by Lexx on 11 Feb 2016 13:46, edited 1 time in total.
My mods for other games
Sharkoon S25-W, AsRock B85M Pro4, Core i3-4170, Palit GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB, Corsair 32 GB DDR3 1600 MHz,
Corsair CX750, Corsair Force LE 120 GB, Western Digital 1.5 TB, Arch Linux KDE x64, Firefox x64
R0adrunner

Re: AI waiting to turn right must be color-blind

#2 Post by R0adrunner » 11 Feb 2016 13:26

The local guys can confirm this, but if i'm not mistaken, in most states in the U.S.A. it's perfectly OK to make a right turn at red lights. I imagine they'd be held responsible in case they pulled out in front of a vehicle driving through the green lights though, so that's some not so smart AI right there :(
I've never done that before, so I'm sure I can do it (Långstrump, Pippi)
Hard Times in Scandinavia a.k.a. HTiS (story and pics)
Movin' on - my ATS adventures
My WoT page
Lexx

#3 Post by Lexx » 11 Feb 2016 13:52

That includes cop cars. I just saw a cop car in this situation: I enter Vegas and at the first traffic light there's a cop car in front of me, so I stop behind him. Green light comes and on the next traffic light (which turned red almost immediately after the previous one turned green) that cop car doesn't even bother to brake - just goes at red light completely ignoring the rest of the AI. There's no need to say what happened...
My mods for other games
Sharkoon S25-W, AsRock B85M Pro4, Core i3-4170, Palit GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB, Corsair 32 GB DDR3 1600 MHz,
Corsair CX750, Corsair Force LE 120 GB, Western Digital 1.5 TB, Arch Linux KDE x64, Firefox x64
walkinglegend3

#4 Post by walkinglegend3 » 11 Feb 2016 14:29

You can turn right on a red in the US and Canada (most parts of them), as long as there is not a "No Right on Red" sign. The AI not going on green then going on red right in front of you though is a problem. That isn't how the AI act in my game nor should it, don't know why it is happening to you.

To be more specific on the 'right on red' - you can turn right on red but the light turns into a "stop sign" and you have to yield to traffic coming through the green. That includes if your light stays red, but the left turning lane gets an advance turning light coming the opposite direction of you. They get the right of way and if you pull out and get in an accident then it is your fault. That was the one thing I didn't like about driving in ETS2, I like my rights on reds 8-)
IonutL

#5 Post by IonutL » 11 Feb 2016 14:40

In the USA is legally to make right at intersections governed by traffic lights, even if the light is on red, although you have to give right to the people who have green.
Sometimes in ATS AI vehicles will get inside the intersection past the point of the stop line, especially when they wanna make left, to let other vehicles pass from the other direction. So, even on their side the traffic light shows red, they will continue their movement unless any obstacle is in their way.
Lexx

#6 Post by Lexx » 11 Feb 2016 16:10

IonutL wrote:In the USA is legally to make right at intersections governed by traffic lights, even if the light is on red, although you have to give right to the people who have green
The AI don't do that. They just go no matter if a vehicle is coming from their left. So even if it's legal to disobey the traffic light, that doesn't mean there is no bug.
My mods for other games
JPS

Re: AI waiting to turn right must be color-blind [NOT A BUG]

#7 Post by JPS » 11 Feb 2016 16:16

I imagine you're driving too fast. This doesn't happen to me... ever.
On another note: You can't 'disobey' something that is not ruled by law to be obeyed :roll:
Lexx

#8 Post by Lexx » 11 Feb 2016 16:39

I don't think 33-34 mph is too fast.
My mods for other games
jarvik79

#9 Post by jarvik79 » 11 Feb 2016 16:47

It is when it's a 30-mph limit. 3-4 mph too fast, to be precise.
tin

#10 Post by tin » 18 Feb 2016 02:09

I've noticed AI doing strange things at lights too. I waited at a red light behind a line of traffic, and then when it went green, every car stopped at the line as if it was a stop sign... Some where going straight, some were turning. Figured that was just how Californian's did things... Later noticed it only happens sometimes (possibly at specific intersections). Pretty sure they don't really do that in real life.

Then I saw the right on red thing, which I figured was legal when safe... Pretty sure that's by design.

Then in a few places I've seen AI act like they think the straight ahead is a right turn - they stop at the line, and then drive through if it's clear. Again, this has only happened a few times, and I suspect it's an issue with specific locations confusing the AI.

Return to “Bugs 1.0”