Hood mirrors cannot be adjusted properly

Simple.T

Hood mirrors cannot be adjusted properly

#1 Post by Simple.T » 12 Feb 2016 18:36

- description of bug: Adjusting hood mirrors to their maximum outward view (max left or right), still leaves the view half filled with hood. Adjustment should allow that only a minimal amount of hood is shown and the majority of view is road. This issue applies to the small right and left mirrors – too much truck in the view. This YouTube video gives a good explanation of mirror adjustment:
[youtube]https://youtu.be/rkPnUANW1_0[/youtube]

- version of game > ATS 1.0.0.4s
- 64bit
- reproducibility > always
- No crash.
Recommendation:
Change how the field of view is depicted in the hood mirrors and small mirrors to allow for the reduction on the amount of vehicle shown in the mirror reflection.
Attachments
Hood mirror view.
Hood mirror view.
ats_00009.jpg (161.03 KiB) Viewed 4564 times
Katixa

Re: Hood mirrors cannot be adjusted properly

#2 Post by Katixa » 12 Feb 2016 21:37

(Apologize for the small-hijack, but as we're talking about mirrors...) Can't say about the hood thing you mention here as I didn't go to check it out (didn't notice either when adjusted my nose mirrors some days ago), but as a mirror fanatic, watching the video you posted reminded me that also the big side mirrors should be reviewed.

Not a "bug", to say so, but as seen on this video at around 3:50, big mirrors have much more zoomed-in view than we have now, and are useless on turns or when backing, because even at a 20-30 angle, the trailer covers the whole mirror. They are used to have a GOOD (big) view of the traffic behind you while driving straight.

Currently both side mirrors (big, and convex one) look almost the same, except the small one allows to see more to the sides, which is correct, but the big mirror shows too much. The view should be more zoomed in.

EDIT: Here's another video about driving position, etc. including mirrors (that part starting at 2:00). Good as reference for how they look:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPiQ5Sj6_bw
Every day above ground is a good day.
Speak

#3 Post by Speak » 12 Feb 2016 23:00

Still, the possibility to set up, reflecting the quality, in small mirrors separately. I, the range of the reflection in the mirror is set to "high", and the installation of small mirrors on the truck plummets FPS, just did not measure, but about 5-8 frames. We would like not only to reflect the optimization, but also quality, individually for small mirrors.
Katixa

#4 Post by Katixa » 13 Feb 2016 15:02

@Speak: OMSI has that feature to allow setting up the refresh rate of mirrors, so image gets updated every x FPS. Honestly I don't like playing like that, but I think it's a good idea as a feature for users with issues with performance.
Simple.T

#5 Post by Simple.T » 13 Feb 2016 18:16

@Katixa - I like your video better. I acknowledge that the hood mirror issue may not be a true bug, I do think it could be adjusted so that you get more 'useable' view. Thanks!
Katixa

#6 Post by Katixa » 13 Feb 2016 18:32

@Simple.T: I think you got me wrong. With "no bug" I meant the thing about the big (main) side mirrors I mentioned.

The issue you reported with the hood mirrors is another thing that, as I said, can't confirm because I didn't check it. As seen in the videos, they should be able to be adjusted to show more road and hide more truck. Next time I play I will try to adjust them and see what happens.
Simple.T

#7 Post by Simple.T » 15 Feb 2016 22:14

@Katixa - ah, understand. Thanks!

Return to “Bugs 1.0”