Cruise control [NOT A BUG]

micro42

Cruise control [NOT A BUG]

#1 Post by micro42 » 10 Mar 2016 04:34

Cruise control is switched off when you slow down or brake retarder, it is normal.
But the SS does not turn off when you use the engine brake.
CC also does not turn off when you change gears to a sequential gearbox, but in ETS2 CC turned off.
Flemming V
Global moderator

Re: Cruise control

#2 Post by Flemming V » 10 Mar 2016 07:23

Cruise control should not switch off when using retarder, because CC use retarder to break it self.
Do you use your retarder manual when driving with CC?, because that should not be necessary.
micro42

#3 Post by micro42 » 10 Mar 2016 09:40

I use retarder hand and I turned off in the settings of the automatic use of the retarder and automatic engine braking
Bandit & The Snowman

#4 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 12 Mar 2016 18:04

micro42 wrote:Cruise control is switched off when you slow down or brake (with the) retarder, it is normal.
But the CC does not turn off when you use the engine brake.
Of course it turns off, are you using any mods?
Can you describe your problem a little more precisely, maybe using other words?
CC also does not turn off when you change gears to a sequential gearbox, but in ETS2 CC turned off.
You must be running ETS2 in an outdated version. CC was changed with the 1.17 patch to not turn off when shifting in sequential mode, and ATS behaves identically.
Flemming V wrote:Cruise control should not switch off when using retarder, because CC use retarder to break it self.
Do you use your retarder manual when driving with CC?, because that should not be necessary.
I think you're a bit on the wrong track here :) Just because you can set auto retarder doesn't mean you can't use the retarder to brake for other reasons than to maintain speed downhill. And yes, CC turns off if you manually use the retarder.
Flemming V
Global moderator

Re: Cruise control [NOT A BUG]

#5 Post by Flemming V » 21 Mar 2016 07:12

I think you misunderstood me, I said the it is not necessary to use retarder to break when using CC as well, (because CC will do it for you.)
I did not say that it was impossible to use retarder at the same time. ;)
ahh okay, I see what you mean. (CC turns off if you manually use the retarder.) Sorry.

Return to “Bugs 1.1”