W900 Sound Bug - Changing Gears

Nicholas_000

W900 Sound Bug - Changing Gears

#1 Post by Nicholas_000 » 31 Mar 2016 23:16

Hey guys,

This is my first time reporting a bug on this forum so I'm sorry if the format is not up to scratch, but I'll give it my best.

Anyways, upon launch, the W900 has been my favourite truck, however, for me atleast, there is an extremely annoying sound bug that occurs EVERY SINGLE TIME I change gears. I am using a g27 with range manual shifting.

What happens is, every time I rev the engine while moving or with the clutch in, while in any gear, the engine sound for 'revving down' does not play, but as soon as I slip it into neutral, it begins to play. This happens after 2 fresh installs, new profiles, everything. You can see how this can be quite annoying while changing gears as you go from no revving down sound, to neutral with sound, then to the next gear with no revving down sound again.

I'm not sure if it's just me or if no one else has noticed, I haven't been able to talk to another player in game about it yet.

I may be able to post a really quick video if no one understands what I mean :)

Version - Latest
Bit - 64
Reproductibility - Every time
GAME LOG - EDIT - http://pastebin.com/J440nvgA

Hopefully I'm not stupid and this is an actual bug.

Many thanks,

Nic :lol:

EDIT: I have managed to ask a few people online in ATS MP and it seems as though they ALL are experiencing the same issue
Still avalaible to post a video if you guys would like one.
Loutis

Re: W900 Sound Bug - Changing Gears

#2 Post by Loutis » 01 Apr 2016 07:49

Heyyy,

Thanks for joining us here in the dungeons :D
Bug report is fine an I would like to see any video you got, I'll try it myself too anyway but it's nice to see(hear) what you mean exactly.
"I'm not trying to be anyone's savior. I'm just trying to think about the future and not be sad."
Elon Musk

Tesla & SpaceX fanboy. Carefully optimistic about Mars colonisation.
Nicholas_000

#3 Post by Nicholas_000 » 01 Apr 2016 08:37

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Munjl1p ... e=youtu.be

Here's the vid, sorry for the low quality, I'm Australian, takes forever to upload stuff down under.

Notice how when im in neutral, the sound plays, but as soon as I go in gear, with the clutch down or not, the sound doesn't play.

Extremely annoying.

Excuse my hacked profile, I use it for stuff like this lmao. :lol:
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#4 Post by Mohegan13 » 01 Apr 2016 09:27

I'm so busy driving that I never even noticed. That's my beta tester excuse and I'm sticking to it. :lol:
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
Nicholas_000

#5 Post by Nicholas_000 » 02 Apr 2016 01:16

Anyone found a fix yet?

-----------

I would also like to draw everyone's attention to the previous thread i just found, seems as though the issue has already been reported but no fix yet :D

viewtopic.php?f=206&t=202503

- Nic
Tigerclaw

#6 Post by Tigerclaw » 02 Apr 2016 08:55

It's been like this since the release of the W900, and it HAS been mentioned on the forums and complained about.

It hasn't been changed in the Beta, so I doubt it will get fixed anytime soon.

In the mean time, there is a great sound mod for this Truck. Check the Mod section if you're interested. No good for multiplayer, but there you go.

Tony
Tony

Return to “Bugs 1.1”