[REL] Peterbilt 350 [1.0.3 - 30/12/2023]

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Ludo Diabolo

Re: [WIP] Peterbilt 350

#111 Post by Ludo Diabolo » 16 Feb 2021 22:41

I'm usually not fans of PET at all, but I have to say that this old one looks great, I really like old trucks.

Good job Smarty.
ETS2:promods + Middle-East Add-On + TGS / ATS:promods Canada

SORRY MY ENGLISH, I'M FRENCH.
The Dude

#112 Post by The Dude » 16 Feb 2021 23:28

Sweet Pete.
"Gamers Are Not Beta Testers"
xTHANATOPSISx

#113 Post by xTHANATOPSISx » 18 Feb 2021 01:34

I think I see 11R24.5 tires. Sweet. Also overall sweet in general.
HayesPacific

#114 Post by HayesPacific » 27 Feb 2021 11:13

@Smarty Looks stunning! And as for terrorising the desert... isn't it a bit too new and shiny? :D And I think it also needs a few more license plates on the front. :mrgreen:
Joking aside though, it does look great. Can't wait to drive it myself some day! :)
Montero8998

#115 Post by Montero8998 » 08 Mar 2021 14:58

8-BitTowCo wrote: 27 Feb 2021 11:13 @Smarty Looks stunning! And as for terrorising the desert... isn't it a bit too new and shiny? :D And I think it also needs a few more license plates on the front. :mrgreen:
Joking aside though, it does look great. Can't wait to drive it myself some day! :)
I always wondered, why old US trucks had multiple license plates? I'm not from the US and this looks a bit strange to me. Sorry about a bit off-topic discussion.
Forum visitor since November 2014.
xTHANATOPSISx

#116 Post by xTHANATOPSISx » 08 Mar 2021 16:34

@Montero8998

Back in the day, to operate commercially in multiple states was a much greater ordeal. While you generally only needed one license plate, other states used similar looking plates for other purposes to show compliance with other requirements like fuel permits and such. Going back far enough there could be all manner of requirements that used a license plate to signify compliance. There were also plates made with multiple sections in a grid often called "bingo cards" that you used to display individual state stickers for fuel or other permits to operate/travel in those states. Commercial vehicles have long been subject to different registration requirements than personal vehicles. It wasn't uncommon for a truck to have a 3-ring binder full of individual state registration and fuel permits and information on intrastate and interstate operating authority as well as insurance policies, and other state filings. Pages and pages of information to be compliant coast to coast.

In the past the systems to track and display compliance with these requirements were much more involved and much more analog. Now it can be easily tracked via computer and trucks need only display minimal identifying information. A license plate, IFTA sticker, company name, US DOT number, VIN number and truck number will allow almost any state to confirm anything they desire without the driver providing any physical paperwork in most cases. Spot checks are often done to confirm compliance with requirements to carry paper copies of registration or insurance documents. Some numbers or stickers can be displayed optionally to further confirm certain information as well.

The days before Single-State Registration and Interstate Fuel Tax Agreement were much, much more labor intensive from a compliance standpoint.
poozykrem

#117 Post by poozykrem » 08 Mar 2021 18:51

Noice, will it have a bunch of custom accessories to be put on? :D
rambojohn

#118 Post by rambojohn » 08 Mar 2021 20:08

Montero8998 wrote: 08 Mar 2021 14:58
8-BitTowCo wrote: 27 Feb 2021 11:13 @Smarty Looks stunning! And as for terrorising the desert... isn't it a bit too new and shiny? :D And I think it also needs a few more license plates on the front. :mrgreen:
I always wondered, why old US trucks had multiple license plates? I'm not from the US and this looks a bit strange to me. Sorry about a bit off-topic discussion.
Estuve buscando info por internet, y el camión de la película tiene muchas matrículas en referencia a todas las víctimas que mató el conductor con su camión en la carretera.

Y además me compré el libro de la película. Lo que mucha gente no sabe, y cree que es un error de la película, y no lo es, me refiero al final cuando el camión cae y se ve la puerta abierta.
Pues no es un error, lo explica en el libro. El camión lleva un dispositivo de serie, que si no se hace presión en el volante, el camión se va frenando.
Hicieron una toma atando unas cuerdas al volante, pero no funcionó.
Así que tuvieron que hacer otra toma con el conductor, que tuvo que llevar el camión hasta el borde y saltar, por eso se ve la puerta abierta, pero no es un error, es por el dispositivo que lleva de serie. Si el conductor calcula mal el salto, pudo haber caído con el camión.
Dispositivo de serie de hacer presión en el volante, y estamos hablando de que el camión es de 1955. En esos años, había más adelantos de los que pensamos.

Smarty, ¿se sabe qué motores va a llevar el camión? Por cierto, impresionante trabajo.
Un saludo.
Ruward

#119 Post by Ruward » 09 Mar 2021 10:12

Wow nice work!
Greetings oet Grunn!
World of Trucks
Montero8998

#120 Post by Montero8998 » 10 Mar 2021 18:38

@xTHANATOPSISx
Thanks for such informative answer! Much obliged.
Forum visitor since November 2014.

Return to “Trucks”