Kenworth W990 edited by Harven (v1.2.2)

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Harven
Global moderator

Kenworth W990 edited by Harven (v1.2.2)

#1 Post by Harven » 25 Jun 2019 14:54

[ external image ]
Hi guys!
here it is - finally :) The mod was supposed to be just a fix for Frank's w990 but at some point I decided to do a complete overhaul. I removed everything (materials, textures, definitions, sounds, paintjobs - everything :)) from the mod and started with plain meshes. I did a lot of optimizing at this stage so the truck should not slow down the game too much ;). Lots of details which were in meshes is now in normal maps. I also replaced some models with lower-tris-count custom made ones. Since I made all the def files from scratch and also changed some locators and added new ones, you need to sell the old w990 before you activate this mod.

To better understand the scope of this edit, here is the size comparison (uncompressed): original mod - 1.8GB, this mod - 134MB.

Download link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xpDhS8 ... mmIJD/view
Steam workshop: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1781104022

Skinning templates:
- all in one: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1MoVjZ ... V1Mic5U23E
- day cab (suitable_for[]: "daycab.kenworth.w990.cabin"): https://drive.google.com/open?id=15ggqQ ... 5-Vfzp_WqF
- 40-inch flat top sleeper (suitable_for[]: "40sleeper.kenworth.w990.cabin"): https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QmMq0 ... UtSkP9Al5m
- 76-inch mid roof aerodyne sleeper (suitable_for[]: "76sleeper.kenworth.w990.cabin"): https://drive.google.com/open?id=1i1iB- ... 4cvScjZW5M
The template is designed in the way that you can paint one side of the truck, then just duplicate and flip a layer vertically and everything should match perfectly - no need to align lines or anything :)

Here are support mods for SiSL Mega Pack, SCI DLC and 2 other steering wheels: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YlfKWM ... FGwqy/view - of course you need to have SiSL Mega Pack and corresponding DLCs - those are only def files. I will get in touch with SiSL about including those defs in his pack.

Custom h-shifter layout for 15 speed transmission: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PEQpB ... ZA9ezWCiMC - your splitter switch will work as a deep reduction switch, range switch will keep it's function. You can see the layout on the knob inside the cab.

Credits:
- Harven - this edit, paintjobs,
- Frank Peru, Yekko Yek - original mod
- Kriechbaum - awesome sounds!
- Piva - dashboard computer,
- 3D Molier - original model

Fatures:
- the truck can be purchased at level 0 but also supports player progression (level up to unlock more parts),
- parts prices are set to match SCS trucks,
- 9 engines (5 varinats of Cummins X15 and 4 variants of PACCAR MX-13) with real specs and awesome sounds by Kriechbaum. One of PACCAR engines is multitorque (455MT) with higher torque in overdrive gears (gear ratio < 1.0), for instance 8L and 8H in 13 and 18 speed transmissions,
- 13 transmissions - 5 manual, 5 automated and 3 automatic - all based on real specs,
- the shifter inside the cab will change based on selected transmission and will show the proper gears layout for selected manual transmission (10, 13, 15 and 18 speeds),
- 3 cabin options - day cab, 40-inch flat top sleeper and 76-inch mid-roof sleeper,
- 5 chassis variants - all 6x4 with different wheel bases and tank sizes,
- 5 interior variants,
- 5 customizable painjobs and a few predefined paint colors,
- mod includes a custom made small light pack so you can fill up all the light slots without the need to install separate light packs,
- custom made CB radio (Cobra 29 LX) with wobbling cord ;)
- the truck is available in quick jobs (also in heavy and oversized jobs),
- support for SiSL Mega Pack and SCI steering wheels (separate mods),
- support for advanced coupling,
- support for trailer cables,
- accurate shadows and collision boxes.

v1.2.2 (8.04.2020):
- Compatibility update for game version 1.37,
- Converted engine sounds to new FMOD sound system,
- Added openable windows.

v1.2.1 (21.10.2019):
- tweaked the bullbar collider,
- added retarders to all transmissions,
- compatibility update for game version 1.36

v1.2 (04.07.2019):
- Added brand new 40 inch flat top sleeper cab (will fit to 218 and 264 inch wheelbase chassis),
- Integrated Piva's dashboard computer,
- Made small fixes to a few paintjobs,
- Rearanged gears in 15 speed transmission,
- Fixed day cab UV map (was mirrored),
- Changed interior variant in the dealer definition,
- Maybe few other small fixes I can't remember.

v1.0, v1.1:
Changelog (since I removed everything besides meshes (and some meshes as well), most things were made a new - here are only the most important changes or the ones I can still remember):
- optimized meshes,
- all new textures and materials (not a single texture from the old mod left),
- removed all definitions (accessories, cabins, interiors, chassis, engines, transmission, sounds, etc.) and made new ones,
- removed all sounds and integrated Kriechbaums x15 and mx13,
- removed animated doors,
- remade all the interior animations and added a few new ones,
- rescaled interior to match exterior (interior was like 1.2x bigger than exterior),
- moved interior to match with exterior 1:1,
- removed high-roof sleeper - there is no such option for w990 and looks ridiculous,
- merged day cab and sleeper models into single model with variants,
- merged chassis models into single model with variants,
- merged interior day cab and sleeper models into single model with variants,
- replaced rear suspension and axles models (they were the same as in Mack Anthem) with custom made AirGlide 460,
- replaced rear lights models (again the same as in Mack Anthem) with custom made models,
- replaced rear full fenders with custom made ones,
- replaced engine and front suspension models with low poly models from w900,
- added 5 new paintjobs - removed old ones because of UV change,
- unwrapped UVs of all truckpaint part to create a new, better template for skinners,
- made the sleeper cab extenders a separate accessory,
- changed shape of the back of sleeper roof so that is has a round edge/corners,
- made cab panels a separate accessory,
- fixed ext_interior model - there were lots of holes,
- changed size of interior sleeper windows to match exterior model,
- added curtains and custom made lamp models to the sleeper interior,
- completly reworked day cab interior back wall and roof (the roof is from t680),
- removed all shadow casters of all parts and made new ones,
- removed all colliders and made new ones,
- added colliders to main mirrors - now you can hit thigs with them so be careful ;),
- added collider to the bullbar,
- added 2 sunvisors from t680 and added light slots to them,
- replaced hi-poly front bumpers with w900 front bumpers,
- added light slots to front bumpers,
- added a custom made light pack,
- remade day cab exhaust pipes,
- reworked sleeper exhast pipes to not collide with the cab and to not cover the doors,
- removed all chassis variants and made new ones with wheel bases based on real trucks,
- and many more...

And some screenshots to end the post, have fun! :)

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
Last edited by Harven on 09 Apr 2020 10:24, edited 9 times in total.
jarryed

Re: Kenworth W990 edited by Harven (v1.0)

#2 Post by jarryed » 25 Jun 2019 14:55

OMG OMG OMG.

Thanks Harven. Hopefully the Anthem is coming soon too.
You can never make a miserable person who complains about everything happy. They live by "If I can't be happy then no one can be happy."
LAFAYET47

#3 Post by LAFAYET47 » 25 Jun 2019 15:05

great news, cant wait to try it!! big thanks ;)

However, how could I remove these high-res paintjobs? :D I want the mod to be as light as possible, not to mention that with 4096x4096 my potato computer would suffer for sure :D
BK Vissers

#4 Post by BK Vissers » 25 Jun 2019 15:06

That’s quite the mod overhaul indeed, it’s basically a new mod, wow. Thank you.
jarryed

#5 Post by jarryed » 25 Jun 2019 15:29

I see only one problem with the truck.

The back of cab lighting. These are not reverse lights in the real world. They are utility lights. Most drivers change out the covers to show them as red, or install red led lighting to shine on the trailers when driving. Having them come on with headlights like the LT would be great.

Can you make this change please? It will only add to this awesome truck.

Edited for spelling.
Last edited by jarryed on 25 Jun 2019 15:31, edited 2 times in total.
You can never make a miserable person who complains about everything happy. They live by "If I can't be happy then no one can be happy."
The Dude

#6 Post by The Dude » 25 Jun 2019 15:29

Whoa!, thanks a million for sharing. Another kitty to the litter. :D
"Gamers Are Not Beta Testers"
zippe

#7 Post by zippe » 25 Jun 2019 15:58

Oh man, I am at work and can't wait to get home to try another beauty from Harven :)
I am sure this rework (new mod) was a lots of work! :shock:
Thanks so much for another big PRESENT that you make to the community!! :)
J. Ritter

#8 Post by J. Ritter » 25 Jun 2019 16:03

You darn modders, hahaha.

"I don't really care for the looks of ____ (567, LT/Prostar, W990)"

(Sees awesome new mod of that truck)

"OMG this is the coolest truck ever!"

Haha, can't wait to try it out!
kojak313

#9 Post by kojak313 » 25 Jun 2019 16:28

OMFG You are THE *expletive* man! Thanks for this. Now only if we could get an update to your Mack Anthem. I can die a happy man. lol
Intel® Core™i9-9900k | EVGA GeForce GTX 2080 Ti | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 64GB DDR4 3000
ChrisHusky

#10 Post by ChrisHusky » 25 Jun 2019 16:52

It is a pity that the high-roof sleeper was removed, I liked it more, even though there is no such one in reality. We'll have to adapt the interior to the original version from Frank Peru.

Return to “Trucks”