Kenworth K100-E

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
overfloater

Re: Kenworth K100-E

#2111 Post by overfloater » 13 Jun 2021 15:03

flight50 wrote: 13 Jun 2021 14:45 Its comments like this that can make our good modders stop modding.
Why??? He pointed out legitimate mistakes. This is not even in the ballpark of what would cause me to quit modding.

Is there any modder out there, who said "Somebody pointed out a mistake i've made that i haven't noticed, so i quit modding"? Please step up.

In this case though, i made those mistakes knowingly.
FierbetoN

#2112 Post by FierbetoN » 13 Jun 2021 15:17

For some reason people treat modders like they're on the verge of quitting :lol:
Trucker_71

#2113 Post by Trucker_71 » 13 Jun 2021 15:32

@FierbetoN It doesn't take much sometimes.
flight50

#2114 Post by flight50 » 13 Jun 2021 15:33

You never know when a modder decides to stop modding due to comments. Ask GTM why they no longer make mods. The mistakes might be legitimate to a modder that is meticulous and doesn't mind fixing things. But no two modders are the same. I've seen enough modders that would take offense and tell the user to stop using their mod or make their own mod if they are displeased. This mod as been out for what 1.5-2 years and these concerns are just being surfaced. Most people didn't care or never noticed the issue is my point. Overfloater, you are more of a perfectionist with this mod so you might not mind things getting pointed out. But we can't say that for the next modder.

I'm just pointing out, this is one of the last mods I'd want to disappear. Its the only truck mod I use. Its the only COE for me. Its also the only truck I can even play with in ETS2 because I can't use Euro trucks in ETS2 due to personal preference. Same reason why many ETS2 only players have preferences and can't play ATS because they dislike conventional trucks.
Anaheim

#2115 Post by Anaheim » 13 Jun 2021 18:38

Hoooold up guys!
I never ment to do any koalas, I appreciate the work and I know how hard it is to provide them.
To @flight50 and others: To understand the reason why my post looks like this where I point out the issues I have spotted you need to know that I have built a truck from scratch by myself back in 2012 and I know how much work that is. I'm not just another unnecessarily rude person to hate on someones work. But yet I gave everything I can to provide you back in the day the best quality truck because there was noting matching the reality. Many of you are still using it because it's the popular model known to most of modders - the Scania R series. I could keep it to myself or sell it and such but yet I built the community with a really nice truck and mostly accurate to real one.
I have also had a lot of issues with community, even now with ETS2 era, when everything is up side down. People are getting excited with RJL mod based on innacurate and eggy looking SCS evolution since there is my truck based on hours of studying resources and pictures. Yet I'm still here from time to time willing to release stuff.
The reason why I never spoke in last 1,5-2 years since release is that I didn't play much ATS lately and didn't mod anything.
[ external image ]
Also MacSimizer Round dump is my work that was finished by Bora.
https://atsmods.lt/macsimizer-half-round/

And here comes why I do posted the issues and so called complains, grumbling, unnecessary post with signs of dissatisfaction. I have posted it just because I care about the community, I care about the best quality things that we can get out there and I know how hard it is to make them since I do them by myself! I assumed that you didn't know some things and was letting you know, hoping that I can provide you best info to make it better.
Trucker_71 wrote: 13 Jun 2021 11:16 @Anaheim

1. (?)
2. I used to own a K100, air bags? Not common back in the day.
3. There are still people using boat anchors as computers.
4. Power mirrors? :lol:
5. You didn't look hard enough. :roll:
1. The cab hinge, a part of frame horn.
[ external image ]

2. If you have owned one after '85 model year you wouldn't be surprised. Airglide 100 8 air bag suspension came out sometime in late '70s and was offered for W900A. Standard chassis in late '70s was TBB with torsing bars and options was Hendrickson with airbags or Royco leaf suspension, beside the Airglide 100. But yet we are talking about post 1984 models, the majority of the E model road trucks were sold with air ride suspension.

[ external image ]
3. Nevermind some like it simple.
4. Yes, the powered right mirror and heated mirrors. Late 80's thing I believe :roll:
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
5. Sorry, My fault.

overfloater wrote: 13 Jun 2021 12:20
I didn't make the chassis, it's the W900 chassis.
I didn't care enough to waste tremendous amounts of time & effort into a component that's barely even visible. Too difficult to research, too little reward.

Heated, i assume? But again, a tiny, insignificant detail that i don't care about.
I'm surprised with what you stand for and that you don't want to provide quality. Those details and accuracy with real truck is building the whole thing. And I think details like these are indeed significant, especially the chassis that was never offered with K100.

You can guys put hate on someone pointing out that he's the only one unsatisfied, yet I'm here to help you huh. I'd be glad to release the updates I have made myself like the new HQ grille and headlights and such. I have also started a frame for it :roll:

[ external image ]

Hope this is just misunderstanding since you didn't know the background.
Last edited by Madkine on 15 Jun 2021 09:25, edited 1 time in total.
Trucker_71

#2116 Post by Trucker_71 » 13 Jun 2021 19:46

@Anaheim
The K100 I owned is in my avatar, a late 70's. I'm retired, I started driving trucks in 1965, most of my experience is with trucks that didn't have heated mirrors and air bags. 😅
flight50

#2117 Post by flight50 » 13 Jun 2021 20:36

@Anaheim thanks for the explanation. I've never seen you around before and I am one of the more active members here. So I see a lot of post. It would have helped if you led a bit more that you are a modder and here to help. Your opening post on the k100 to me had the wrong approach. For me, it didn't seem constructive. Sorry but that's just the impression I got. No worries now though, so apologies. You have elaborated well. You seem like a perfectionist like overfloater so I'm sure he appreciates your input.
LoaderSaints

#2118 Post by LoaderSaints » 14 Jun 2021 05:14

Anaheim wrote: 13 Jun 2021 18:38 People are getting excited with RJL mod based on innacurate and eggy looking SCS evolution since there is my truck based on hours of studying resources and pictures. Yet I'm still here from time to time willing to release stuff.
Then why don't you release yours? The way I see it, is that the RJL Scania is so prominent for two reasons. First being the fact that it is an old mod so it has been available for quite a while now. And secondly, there really aren't any competing mods available that would offer the same array of options. I'd be more than eager to use a mod that were made more accurately if one were available despite the fact that I am keeping the RJL Scania up to date at the moment.

Sorry for the offtopic overfloater but I felt compelled to leave a reply.
Wolfi
Beta tester

#2119 Post by Wolfi » 14 Jun 2021 05:54

flight50 wrote: 13 Jun 2021 15:33 Ask GTM why they no longer make mods.
Due to lack of time on the side of most members of the team, due to my never-ending health issues and simple burnout with big, complex, public mods. Due to SCS constantly improving the game making it harder and more time consuming to keep mods up to date. Yes, also due to toxic, often racist comments from all the "truck experts" as well as people who constantly came to request more stuff. Oh and also because I got tired of people ripping my public mods, adding crap tuning from other free mods and then reselling them.
What I want to say, there are many reasons why moders quit. Sometimes it's personal reasons, but I have to agree that quite often it's thanks to our fantastic community. And yes, I agree, there's a lot of users here who show a lot of respect and support and it's sad to let those people down, but when you're running low on free time and you see some of the "fantastic comments" it's often more than enough to make you realise it's not worth it.

Anyways, sorry for the offtopic :(
@overfloater you sir are a true master and your Kenworth K100 is out of this world. Kudos to you. Please disregard what I posted above and keep up your amazing work. And if you ever need to vent or simply talk about moding stuff, feel free to hit me up with a PM. Although that said, you already know a lot more about making mods than I ever will ;)
The smallest details always make the biggest difference.
Eugene
Global moderator

#2120 Post by Eugene » 14 Jun 2021 06:09

Anaheim wrote: 13 Jun 2021 18:38 I'm surprised with what you stand for and that you don't want to provide quality. Those details and accuracy with real truck is building the whole thing. And I think details like these are indeed significant, especially the chassis that was never offered with K100.
People (modders) have different approaches, you gotta respect that. It's very rare for a mod to be 100% accurate to a real thing, many people take chortcuts for various reasons.

I bet Overfloater was happy enough with result of his work to release it to public. And quite a few people happy to use this truck.
Now, i'm not saying that your critique is invalid, i just think you shouldn't have said that particular line i quoted. It's kinda rude.

Return to “Trucks”