Kenworth K100-E

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Vinnie Terranova

Re: Kenworth K100-E

#2211 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 26 Oct 2021 07:32

@GT182 Do you know how to work with zip-files? Just temporarely rename the .scs file to a .zip file. Also, you don't need Notepad++, the Notepad that comes with Windows is more than good enough.
azumukupoe

#2212 Post by azumukupoe » 26 Oct 2021 09:07

or just use 7zip's shell extension
GT182

#2213 Post by GT182 » 26 Oct 2021 15:09

Yeah I know how to work with zip files. Done it for years. I might be stupid but I'm not ignorant. I don't get into things to change anything I know nothing about.

This and above it is all I get that's readable Vinnie for your mod when I open it with Notepad......
]ŽQ²ß+9– – mod_description.txt[normal]Background Map Viewpoint Fix for ATS v1.39

Do I change the v1.39 to 1.42 to get it to work? Hey, I'm not a computer wiz like most of you are. I don't monkey around with files like you lads all do. Especially with these .scs files for mods.

Vinnie, send me a private message if you want to explain this stuff on changing mods to work for these new updates. I'm all ears and would love to learn the process.
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
Digital X

#2214 Post by Digital X » 26 Oct 2021 15:18

The Map Background Viewpoint Fix is showing up fine for me in the mod manager. You just need to drag and drop the .scs file into your mod manager. It's showing as compatible on 1.42.

Changing the file name itself will not effect functionality on different game versions. it's the manifest.sii and "compatible version" line (if it exists) that effects that in some cases.

Regarding the K100-E, the Workshop version shows up fine in game. The standalone version just needs it's compatible version line changing.

Originally it's

Code: Select all

compatible_versions[]: 		"1.40.*"
It needs to be

Code: Select all

compatible_versions[]: 		"1.42.*"
And it shows up fine.
Vinnie Terranova

#2215 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 26 Oct 2021 16:43

GT182 wrote: 26 Oct 2021 15:09This and above it is all I get that's readable Vinnie for your mod when I open it with Notepad......
]ŽQ²ß+9– – mod_description.txt[normal]Background Map Viewpoint Fix for ATS v1.39
Based on this I think you are trying to open the .scs file in Notepad... Try the following steps:

1) Copy the file "Background Map Viewpoint Fix for ATS v1.39.scs" into a temporary folder.
2) Within that temporary folder rename "Background Map Viewpoint Fix for ATS v1.39.scs" to "Background Map Viewpoint Fix for ATS v1.39.zip" (i.e. basically just rename the extention from .scs to .zip).
3) Extract the files from this zip archive with whatever compression utility (WinRar, 7-Zip, WinZip, etc). It might even be possible to extract the files from this archive by using Windows Explorer.
4) You now have several files and folders in that temporary folder. You now can edit the manifest.sii file with Notepad or Notepad++.
5) When you are finished with editing this manifest.sii file (or other files in that temporary folder), you can add (with the 'Store' option, not with the 'Compress' option) all the files (except for the original scs file) back into an archive. Use .zip as the file extention for that new archive.
6) Rename the extention of the new archive from .zip to .scs
7) You should now have a new mod, which you can put into your mod folder of ATS.

I think that in the past you forgot step 3)
Vinnie, send me a private message if you want to explain this stuff on changing mods to work for these new updates. I'm all ears and would love to learn the process.
I could do that. But maybe there are other people out there who also have some difficulty with editing mods. So when more people are asking how to edit an existing mod, I could refer to this post.

When I'm editing an existing mod, I usually follow steps 1) to 7). Step 2) can be ommited most of the times. In step 5) you also could choose .scs as the file extention for the new archive. But for now: to be sure, just follow all the steps.
Feel free to send me a private message if you might have trouble with one or more of those 7 steps.

Btw, the Background Map Viewpoint Fix for ATS v1.39 isn't necessary anymore if you use the newest version of the Background mod from BenganJ. But there is also a possibility that the flags settings of this newest background mod are not updated for ATS v1.41 or v1.42, so I have to check if I have to update this Background Map Viewpoint Fix.
GT182

#2216 Post by GT182 » 29 Oct 2021 00:47

Thanks Vinnie, I appreciate the help. As soon as I can. I'll be back in touch when I run into a problem. Which I'm sure I'll have. ;) Right now my time is limited for playing ATS.... work is playing havoc with my free time for ATS.

As for the Background Map Viewpoint Fix, I'm not running it at the moment... but I have and that could have been a part of my problem. IF I can figure out a way to save my main profile I've been working on for the past 3 years, I'd like to reinstall ATS. Maybe it's corrupted.

I'll be in touch. Again my thanks.

Gary
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
Bandit & The Snowman

#2217 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 29 Oct 2021 08:39

To make a backup of your profile you just have to copy it from My Documents\American Truck Simulator (or from a Homedir if you use that option) to a safe location.
If you think your ATS installation has been corrupted, make an integrity check in the game properties of the game.
WindyGhoul

#2218 Post by WindyGhoul » 02 Nov 2021 07:25

Hi there Mr Overfloater, love your truck alot !, shortnose especially .., I just uploaded a few repaints of the K100e - Doolans Heavy Haul , Dinsdale and a few others to steam workshop. I would like to put the correct mudflaps on them such as the Cat Diesel Power flaps. I have made the flap texture within the "vehicle/truck/kenworth.k100e_of folder but I can see in the def file it is asking for a Pmd file within the "vehicle/truck/upgrade folder. I have not had to deal with pmd or the corresponding pmg files before and no programs I have will open them . Might you be able to tell me if there is a way of making an add on mudflap..possibly for each repaint ?.

Thanks in advance !!
kylemaroz28

#2219 Post by kylemaroz28 » 05 Nov 2021 04:38

anybody know of a mod that can change the headlights to the older round style for that 70s golden age of trucking look?
Skoot

#2220 Post by Skoot » 09 Nov 2021 20:01

@kylemaroz28 that'd be a whole different truck though. And overfloater said he won't be modelling that one.

Return to “Trucks”