Freightliner 122SD/SBA

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Cheeky_T

Re: Freightliner Coronado 132SD/122SD

#171 Post by Cheeky_T » 18 Dec 2020 19:27

bigjoe wrote: 18 Dec 2020 04:15
Cheeky_T wrote: 18 Dec 2020 04:12 I love this so much, I'm really happy with it. My only problem is it glitches with dmitry's Coronado. A lot of the Coronado's parts get stripped and replaced or nodes disappear for parts and yours aren't compatible.
It shares the same file paths (freightliner.coronado) so it will conflict with his unfortunately. When (if) I rework it with the Cascadia frame, I'll see about changing the file paths. This truck was originally built only for my use so I hadn't considered it.
Yeah, it's not a big deal for me fortunately, I don't use that Coronado, I just wanted to bring it to your attention!

Keep up the good work dude, this is a fantastic launch.
bigjoe

#172 Post by bigjoe » 18 Dec 2020 19:36

Robinicus wrote: 18 Dec 2020 17:37 @bigjoe - a couple of things for you to consider:

Alternate trans display naming (letters have to be lower case):

13 spd

Code: Select all

transmission_names: .names {
        neutral: "N"

# Forward Gears
        # Crawler Gears
        forward[]: "l"

# Low Range Gears
        forward[]: "1"
        forward[]: "2"
        forward[]: "3"
        forward[]: "4"

# High Range Gears
        forward[]: "5l"
        forward[]: "5h"
        forward[]: "6l"
        forward[]: "6h"
        forward[]: "7l"
        forward[]: "7h"
        forward[]: "8l"
        forward[]: "8h"

# Reverse Gears
        reverse[]: "Rl"
        reverse[]: "Rh"

}
18 spd

transmission_names: .names {
        neutral: "N"

# Forward Gears
        # Low-Low (Crawler) Gears
        forward[]: "ll"
        forward[]: "lh"

# Low Range Gears
        forward[]: "1l"
        forward[]: "1h"
        forward[]: "2l"
        forward[]: "2h"
        forward[]: "3l"
        forward[]: "3h"
        forward[]: "4l"
        forward[]: "4h"

# High Range Gears
        forward[]: "5l"
        forward[]: "5h"
        forward[]: "6l"
        forward[]: "6h"
        forward[]: "7l"
        forward[]: "7h"
        forward[]: "8l"
        forward[]: "8h"

# Reverse Gears
        reverse[]: "Rl"
        reverse[]: "Rh"
        reverse[]: "R3"
        reverse[]: "R4"
    }
I added all the SCI DLC pack steering wheels as well; was getting a harsh reflection off the default even though I love the look of it. You can add them to your steering wheel def folder and still be ok with the SCS rules as they work if pointed to the SCS directory and doesn't include any of the content.

Sample:

SiiNunit
{
accessory_addon_data : sci_ace.freightliner.coronado.steering_w
{
	name: "Ace with Black Line"
	price: 395
	unlock: 12
	icon: "sci/ace"
	interior_model: "/vehicle/truck/upgrade/steering_w/sci/ace.pmd"

}
}
Considered, noted, and will probably be added in the future :lol: There's so much I'd love to do with the truck, just not enough knowledge haha.
I wanted to see the community's initial reaction and at first it definitely wanted me to not push more updates but I realize everyone will have their own preferences in how a mod should look.

I knew nothing about engine and transmission files so I just used the base truck (the 1st gen Coronado) for a base file.
I think it'll look better with the high/lo instead. The shared knowledge is much appreciated man...didn't even know you could add the SCS wheel addon to modded trucks! :o

anton1970 wrote: 18 Dec 2020 18:44 Many thanks you so much for the truck. But i would like to see a better performance of the dashboard from you in the future.
Not sure whatcha mean? It uses the 1st gen interior that was already ingame. I can't animate myself right now :lol:
Cheeky_T wrote: 18 Dec 2020 19:27
bigjoe wrote: 18 Dec 2020 04:15

It shares the same file paths (freightliner.coronado) so it will conflict with his unfortunately. When (if) I rework it with the Cascadia frame, I'll see about changing the file paths. This truck was originally built only for my use so I hadn't considered it.
Yeah, it's not a big deal for me fortunately, I don't use that Coronado, I just wanted to bring it to your attention!

Keep up the good work dude, this is a fantastic launch.
Thanks man!

Titan wrote: 18 Dec 2020 10:09 Joe, question for ya.

Would full sideskirts be an option at some point?
Er, not sure. This was never an option for the 2nd gen Coronado. Are you talking about like what the 1st gen has along the bottom?
ahmedallam

#173 Post by ahmedallam » 18 Dec 2020 22:33

where password
bigjoe

#174 Post by bigjoe » 18 Dec 2020 23:03

ahmedallam wrote: 18 Dec 2020 22:33 where password
It's in the readme.
jarryed

#175 Post by jarryed » 19 Dec 2020 01:45

The problem is people are trying to unzip the 7zip file and it prompts immediately for the password.

They are not clicking on the 7zip file first and opening the readme. Steps need to be clearer or just get rid of the password all together.
You can never make a miserable person who complains about everything happy. They live by "If I can't be happy then no one can be happy."
bigjoe

#176 Post by bigjoe » 19 Dec 2020 03:37

jarryed wrote: 19 Dec 2020 01:45 The problem is people are trying to unzip the 7zip file and it prompts immediately for the password.

They are not clicking on the 7zip file first and opening the readme. Steps need to be clearer or just get rid of the password all together.
It says above the download link to be sure to read the readme and the file is called "open and README.txt".
This is part of the reason why I added this portion. I've had very few complain about the password as most read the readme. It's there for a reason, sorry. If people don't read it, I'll have a lot of people messaging asking why such and such doesn't work due to the adaption packs (which are explained in the readme).
howey

#177 Post by howey » 19 Dec 2020 03:43

@bigjoe just tried your mod out and absolutely love it, seriously superb job you and the people that have help you with this mod have done. Been looking forward to the day that i could use this model of truck in game and that day has arrived. The only thing that i would suggest in future updates is perhaps adding more 18spd options with more variety of ratios. Like 3.7's & 9's and even 3.45's just for more variety that's all unless you already have more options planned then all good.
Cranlet

#178 Post by Cranlet » 19 Dec 2020 04:15

Any way the SCI wheel DLC can be made compatible? The interior's fine but the wheel having a different wood texture from the dash drives me nuts.
bigjoe

#179 Post by bigjoe » 19 Dec 2020 04:31

Cranlet wrote: 19 Dec 2020 04:15 Any way the SCI wheel DLC can be made compatible? The interior's fine but the wheel having a different wood texture from the dash drives me nuts.
Already been done thanks to @Robinicus's idea and help! If you're good at adding files, I can send you the def files in a PM to add them. If not, I will be pushing a new update soonish.
howey wrote: 19 Dec 2020 03:43 @bigjoe just tried your mod out and absolutely love it, seriously superb job you and the people that have help you with this mod have done. Been looking forward to the day that i could use this model of truck in game and that day has arrived. The only thing that i would suggest in future updates is perhaps adding more 18spd options with more variety of ratios. Like 3.7's & 9's and even 3.45's just for more variety that's all unless you already have more options planned then all good.
I'm not good with transmissions but if there is a mod out there that has quite a few options that is public, I'm down to look at them and compare :mrgreen:
-=*)) Slayer72 ((*=-

#180 Post by -=*)) Slayer72 ((*=- » 19 Dec 2020 08:15

@bigjoe Will you be providing templates that actually work for this truck, the ones provided don't work when trying to add designs to it

Return to “Trucks”