[REL] Peterbilt 379 Legacy Class

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
SlavJerry

Re: {Release} Peterbilt 379 Legacy Class

#91 Post by SlavJerry » 12 Jun 2021 02:01

Released :D
I make mods

yeah that's pretty much it
guidot

#92 Post by guidot » 12 Jun 2021 04:33

@bigjoe you can link them to cables_on cables_off ;)
JoniDimoni

#93 Post by JoniDimoni » 12 Jun 2021 08:37

Been waiting a lot!
Thank you so much for the mod! Runs and drives great! Also support "Dynamic Suspension with Keyboard & Steering Wheel" by TheTiger! Really going to put a lot of miles on this beauty!
CarlosEdu1414

#94 Post by CarlosEdu1414 » 12 Jun 2021 18:12

bigjoe wrote: 11 Jun 2021 23:16 Runs great in my game. Just got a truck built in the shop and about to take it for a drive. Overall, very impressive! Much respect for including the proper credits too.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

I hate seeing these comments on my own topics after knowing how much work goes into mods, but literally my only feedback is to make the fifth wheel in the horizontal (hooked up to trailer angle) position. Hopefully one day SCS will allow a "Hooked" vs "Unhooked" automatic fifth wheel position.

Everything else though looks great. Brings back a lot of Haulin/GTS memories.

Thx man!! and yeah this fifth wheel bugs me too but i have no time to replace it but on the next version will be fix.
CarlosEdu1414

#95 Post by CarlosEdu1414 » 12 Jun 2021 18:14

Bigdaddyt150 wrote: 12 Jun 2021 00:41 This is a very nice mod , I love the details and it's not over the top . Hopefully in the next version you get to add turn signal lights as an option for the mirrors and antennas and possibly a CB for the interior. Looks good so far keep up the good work . My partner and I did the 379X mod that's on the steam workshop
thx man!! yeah for sure, will have all that you want :)
CarlosEdu1414

#96 Post by CarlosEdu1414 » 12 Jun 2021 18:16

guidot wrote: 12 Jun 2021 04:33 @bigjoe you can link them to cables_on cables_off ;)
for sure i will do this thx.
ejmsupercrafter

#97 Post by ejmsupercrafter » 13 Jun 2021 20:32

this is such a good mod!!!
Just another dump trucker who wants to be cool
TxLonewolf

Re: {W.I.P} Peterbilt 379 Legacy Class

#98 Post by TxLonewolf » 15 Jun 2021 14:09

TexasWhirlwind wrote: 14 Mar 2021 05:40 I really don't understand why people want the antennas to lean forward. It doesn't help the function of the CB radio at all. It doesn't even look good. I think it is that way so the driver will know in what direction to go in. Its like when a JB Hunt driver leaves the drivers door open or the left turn signal on. That is to let them know what side the steering wheel is on.

Nice truck but the antennas ............. really....
agreed this has become nothing more than a fashion statement... just for looks with no appeal

xTHANATOPSISx wrote: 14 Mar 2021 07:50 @TexasWhirlwind When your running down the road with antennas that have a metal whip like that leaning them forward makes them stand up straight at speed. Can look out and watch it happen. Now I'm not sure it makes a significant or even any difference to your RX/TX but that's the idea behind it. In theory, at least for TX, it would matter because the signal radiates out from the element in a predictable way based on the shape and orientation of said element. Enough to matter? I don't know personally but I see plenty claim it is. YMMV. With the way AM skips and the close proximity to the ground I'm guessing it probably doesn't help enough to matter, but it's probably technically better in some finite, barely measurable way.
RX/TX has nothing to do with whether your antennas face forward / straight up / or lean back. ( low SWR / low RF interference ) is what is effected in sending or receiving signals. RX/TX just indicates missing or damage connections between radio and antennas... Setting proper SWR's with proper coax - antennas with high out-put 10 or 11 meter (single - side band ) or adding linear amplifier to boost signals is where all the magic happens. with skip's on radio waves.

To OP... thanks for the hard work and truck.. looks very nice
Difference between Fairy Tails & Trucker's Stories? Fairy Tails start out " Once upon a time ", Trucking Stories starts out " This ain't no Lie "
Double Clutching causes the Knee to hurt, FLOAT! those gears
granitesquare

#99 Post by granitesquare » 15 Jun 2021 15:16

Just personal preference. The angle of the antenna has the same effect on the radio's tx/rx performance as the color of the truck has on its' performance. It's just whatever you like.
Anaheim

#100 Post by Anaheim » 19 Jun 2021 09:55

You made my day man :D I released those headlights back in 2010 and even totally forgot about them :lol: It's great to know that some one you are still using this thing, I'd need to remodel the arm anyway, it's terrible :lol:

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Return to “Trucks”