[REL] Aradeth's Volvo VNL 670 1.7.3/1.7.4 (1.43 + 1.44) by Digital X

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
horseman89

Re: [REL] Volvo VNL670 (1.41 Update by Digital X) 23rd Sep Update

#11 Post by horseman89 » 23 Sep 2021 07:52

And how about to fix that terrible glare of board comp and gps in the night? + in the day they are too dark to see something there on board pc and gps. I can even give to you a hint where and what to look for if you dont know. :) Look for the mats(in automat folder) 03aec61faac44c09.mat and bf81459d19357936.mat and change values there:
add_ambient : 0
aux[5] : { 2000 , 10 }
diffuse : { 0.132868 , 0.132868 , 0.132868 }
reflection : 0
shininess : 40
specular : { 0.0100228 , 0.0100228 , 0.0100228 }

and you will be getting these nice looking and not glaring and darkening board pc and gps.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
The biggest stupidities are done with serious faces.
isti139

#12 Post by isti139 » 23 Sep 2021 16:01

Hello DigitalX
First I would like to thank you the work you bring back older great trucks into the game. You made great work with this truck.
I saw you are actually chose the Sisu MK Polar by Capital to repair it.
I don't know if you plan to work on more mods but if yes and you have no idea what to repair then I can give some idea to it: CyrusTheVirus had plenty of great Usa and Europe trucks what were really great to have in the mod list. Also there was Iveco Strator what really missing from the streets.

Thank you again your great project to repaired this two great trucks!
Digital X

#13 Post by Digital X » 23 Sep 2021 18:50

@horseman89 Will look into it thanks, was that image taken prior to the mirror fix? They should be fine now. I have screenshots with them fixed.

Still very new to the truck side of modding and only been at it a few days. I wasn't actually aware Hatreyu had updated this truck or I would have not updated it as well, you live and learn though.

@isti139 Thank you! There are still issues which I will be ironing out, my only complaint is the .mat files are named with a random string of characters which means finding the offending material/texture is a real needle in a haystack.

As for the Sisu Polar yes I am working on it. I have the glass and mirrors to fix up next.

I should probably show proof the mirrors are fixed on the VNL 670 so here you go: https://i.imgur.com/XhRzcZE.jpg

Both close and far mirrors, and the two hood mirrors (that use the same mirror_vehicle file but still.

This does use the "mirror_reflection" for all of them, unlike "vehicle_reflection" currently on the Sisu. While it looks "OK" I'd like it be better.

@isti139 Regarding updating other mods, I will need permission from the mod author to do so, and I will need to know they are no longer working on them and are I am free to update or I cannot do it.

@Rafaelkai Does a model exist already for ETS2? I know there's the problem of ATS trucks into ETS2 and vice versa and not sure where this would stand. Or is that only referring to base game trucks, and custom mods are fine ?
horseman89

#14 Post by horseman89 » 24 Sep 2021 09:25

@Digital X I was using your 22.09 version I guess. Actually with the left small mirror there was an isue too - it's not been working right in 1.41. It looks like old refs(mats) are still used for him. Did you fix it aready in the new today's patch? And one more thing what I can suggest to you is - please complete whole truck update first(at least most what you want to do there) and then release it. If you do small updates day by day and we need to download this mod each day.... its little bit annoying, you know! :) This is not an offence at all, bud, just my suggestion to you! ;)
The biggest stupidities are done with serious faces.
Rafaelkai

#15 Post by Rafaelkai » 24 Sep 2021 14:08

Digital X wrote: 23 Sep 2021 18:50 @horseman89 Will look into it thanks, was that image taken prior to the mirror fix? They should be fine now. I have screenshots with them fixed.

Still very new to the truck side of modding and only been at it a few days. I wasn't actually aware Hatreyu had updated this truck or I would have not updated it as well, you live and learn though.

@isti139 Thank you! There are still issues which I will be ironing out, my only complaint is the .mat files are named with a random string of characters which means finding the offending material/texture is a real needle in a haystack.

As for the Sisu Polar yes I am working on it. I have the glass and mirrors to fix up next.

I should probably show proof the mirrors are fixed on the VNL 670 so here you go: https://i.imgur.com/XhRzcZE.jpg

Both close and far mirrors, and the two hood mirrors (that use the same mirror_vehicle file but still.

This does use the "mirror_reflection" for all of them, unlike "vehicle_reflection" currently on the Sisu. While it looks "OK" I'd like it be better.

@isti139 Regarding updating other mods, I will need permission from the mod author to do so, and I will need to know they are no longer working on them and are I am free to update or I cannot do it.

@Rafaelkai Does a model exist already for ETS2? I know there's the problem of ATS trucks into ETS2 and vice versa and not sure where this would stand. Or is that only referring to base game trucks, and custom mods are fine ?
Custom models are perfectly fine, the restriction only applies to SCS trucks. Aradeth also had the Volvo in ETS2 already:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =664322535
Digital X

#16 Post by Digital X » 24 Sep 2021 14:11

@horseman89 They were done in the 22nd Sep update, and yeah I know updates too often can be annoying so I'll be giving it time before the next update. The dashboard fix has been applied btw, thanks for that. I will double check the small mirrors but in my game it looks fine.

@Rafaelkai OK cool, I have to figure out how to port trucks over so will that be one for the back burner.
isti139

#17 Post by isti139 » 24 Sep 2021 15:41

Digital X wrote: 23 Sep 2021 18:50 @horseman89 Will look into it thanks, was that image taken prior to the mirror fix? They should be fine now. I have screenshots with them fixed.

Yeah of course I understead that is fair to ask permissions first just wanted to metion I remember he had lot of nice trucks what were detailed and unique so if you have no idea for the next project then some hint :D
Digital X

#18 Post by Digital X » 24 Sep 2021 15:47

I'm always open to bringing back the older trucks. Will have to see what what comes in the near future :)
LORDAVE

#19 Post by LORDAVE » 03 Oct 2021 01:32

Tanks a lot for the update! amazing job! The steering wheel it's going to need an update, it shows wrong on the 1.42 beta.
Digital X

#20 Post by Digital X » 11 Oct 2021 12:24

You're welcome. I haven't tried it on the 1.42 beta yet, what is wrong with it? If it needs animation work I cannot do it. Hopefully it's just some edits in a def file.

I'll extract the game files again so I can compare them with the base game trucks and make adjustments.

I'm just worried that changes will occur during the open beta and I'll have to change things several times over. I'll look into this later today.

@LORDAVE Surprise! :D I know it clips into the dashboard this will be adjusted before I release an update.

Return to “Trucks”