[REL] Western Star 4900 EX - RELEASED!

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
TruckerKid

Re: [WIP] Western Star 4900FA Continuation

#21 Post by TruckerKid » 20 Nov 2021 08:59

I'm sure you've already seen these, but just in the off chance you haven't, Western Star has bodybuilder pdfs on their website you can download that show all the dimensions of the cab, chassis, and sleepers.

You'll want section 06B for the cab/chassis and section 07 for the sleepers- https://westernstartrucks.com/bodybuilderbook/
Outlaw Transport

#22 Post by Outlaw Transport » 22 Nov 2021 15:26

@TruckerKid that's awesome, thanks!! I had some other specs but nothing that detailed.

Messing around with a heavy duty bumper. Black bullbar subject to change, not thrilled about how it looks now.
[ external image ]

It's funny being a total novice at this in a backwards sort of way - I find myself knowing twice as much as the day before, which means I keep going back to replace whatever stupid stuff I did yesterday with slightly less stupid stuff. And round and round we go.
Outlaw Transport

#23 Post by Outlaw Transport » 22 Nov 2021 19:04

Had to add some matching heavy duty fender extensions (fitment is WIP)

[ external image ]
Grizzly

#24 Post by Grizzly » 23 Nov 2021 02:56

Nice work!
LeafeonGold

#25 Post by LeafeonGold » 23 Nov 2021 03:39

Looking good, definitely going to have to put some miles on this when it comes out. I had a blue 4900 that I didn't use much before it stopped working correctly a couple of patches ago.
"Don't try extra hard to make your presence known, but make sure your absence is noticed."

Intel I7-4790K |//| EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW |//| 32GB RAM
Workshop |//| ATS Screens |//| ETS2 Screens
SuperLinerN14

#26 Post by SuperLinerN14 » 23 Nov 2021 11:46

Outlaw Transport this is looking real good; I was just considering buying a WS paid mod the other day but now I think I'll hold off! Any chance you could extend those rear Quarter Fenders down more (something like the Hogebuilt 34")? That lowmax chassis on the last page looks awesome with the lowered suspension and I think longer/lower rear fenders would complete the look while still sticking with the classy style you're going for.
rmodjeski

#27 Post by rmodjeski » 29 Nov 2021 00:52

Looks awesome dude! And regarding the chrome material and shininess.... that's all due to the MAT files. Which ever MAT gives you the best shine, replace those same values for all other chrome parts, so it'll be uniform. hope this helps!
Outlaw Transport

#28 Post by Outlaw Transport » 29 Nov 2021 11:54

@SuperLinerN14 Sure! I was going to add a few custom fender options along with all the factory ones (most of which have already been done extremely well by the previous authors of this mod).

@rmodjeski Thanks!! And yup! After many rage quits, it turned out to be the bolts I had attached to a bunch of the parts that caused the messed up chrome. Some of them were solidified and some weren't. That created all kinds of weird problems. It's funny how the smallest errors can cause such massive issues down the road. Blender tends to be pretty forgiving when you do something incorrectly, but the game is ruthless.

So a small update on the truck:

Grill options (subject to change)
[ external image ]

I always thought this one was cool:
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

I should finish with the exterior hopefully this week, and then it's interior time which I really look forward to. Aside from building out the various sleepers which I'm already about 30% done with, it should be fairly straightforward as it's already VERY nicely put together. There are a handful of things I want to add some more detail to, like the dash buttons and some of the leather, adding some new trim and chrome options etc. But other than that, it's already super and not much else I'd do would improve it.
TexasWhirlwind

#29 Post by TexasWhirlwind » 29 Nov 2021 15:31

This w* grill looks like it would block the air from flowing through the radiator and make the truck run hot......
-.- -.-. ..... -- ...- ...-
yukonjack_ak

#30 Post by yukonjack_ak » 29 Nov 2021 15:42

@Outlaw Transport Holy $%*& man... Been away for a while and this is the first time I'm looking through this thread. Simply stunning. I'm so glad you've taken over the 4900FA project; you're doing stuff I could only have dreamed of (and definitely didn't have the patience or skill for haha). Seriously awesome work so far!
My ATS Steam Workshop
- Western Star 4900FA Patch
- Mack Anthem Bull Bars
- Cascadia Sunvisor Fix
- Sweet Bran skin for SCS Grain Hopper

Return to “Trucks”