Custom 53’ trailer [closed]

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
cds140802

Re: Custom 53’ trailer [closed]

#371 Post by cds140802 » 06 May 2020 11:56

Undoubtedly one of the most elaborate mods, for trailers.
richborba1

#372 Post by richborba1 » 07 May 2020 00:08

room217au wrote: 05 May 2020 17:57 you can't download it? or you can't understand it?
Can't understand it. I have it saved on my desktop as a .pim so I need it .pmg
room217au

#373 Post by room217au » 07 May 2020 01:29

@richborba1 Please describe exactly what you did to convert the trailer to middle formats. Having the pim file on your desktop doesn't make any sense.
If you suck at playing the trumpet, that's probably why.
richborba1

#374 Post by richborba1 » 07 May 2020 14:19

room217au wrote: 07 May 2020 01:29 @richborba1 Please describe exactly what you did to convert the trailer to middle formats. Having the pim file on your desktop doesn't make any sense.
I converted the slots to pim so I can import it to blender to rotate them. I then exported it as pim and saved it to the desktop. I ha e the scs blender tools but it asks me for the path and won’t let me search for the path. Keeps telling me invalid. I followed the steps on GitHub, or whatever the site is called, and still nothing. I only rotated a few so I can see if I did it right.
room217au

#375 Post by room217au » 07 May 2020 14:40

@richborba1 No, you need to 'convert' the pim out of Blender, to the SCS Base Project folder that you imported into Blender from.
Then it will show up in whereever you installed Conversion Tools. You want step-by-step?

You really should be asking this in the Blender Tools forum
richborba1

#376 Post by richborba1 » 07 May 2020 16:28

room217au wrote: 07 May 2020 14:40 @richborba1 No, you need to 'convert' the pim out of Blender, to the SCS Base Project folder that you imported into Blender from.
Then it will show up in whereever you installed Conversion Tools. You want step-by-step?

You really should be asking this in the Blender Tools forum
If you don’t mind a step by step. I did ask it in the blender tools and no one responded.
room217au

#377 Post by room217au » 08 May 2020 05:29

You've obviously got the "io_scs_tools" and "io_converter_pix_wrapper" addons in Blender. In terms of import/edit/export/conversion, this is how I do it. Using the CTS box trailer and editing 'marker slots' as an example:
If you haven't already done it, extract base.scs from ATS game files to a folder called "ATS_Game_Files" on a large drive somewhere.

1. Make a folder somewhere, let's call it X:\CTSbox but it can be any drive.

2. Extract entire CS53TR to that folder. Everything. This will be your 'edited' mod trailer. Just incase you mess something up and have to start again, the original trailer is intact.

3. Make an 'environment' folder in '..\CTSbox\material' folder. Into that environment folder, copy:
generic_s.dds
generic_t.dds
generic_b.dds
vehicle_reflection.tobj
These files come from ATS_Game_Files.

4. Open the Command Prompt in Windows. Wherever you installed Converter_Pix, navigate to there in the command prompt and type this line:
converter_pix -b X:\CTSbox -m \vehicle\trailer_owned\upgrade\markers\cts_box\slots -e X:\CTSbox_exp_slots
then press enter. (Remember that X is whatever drive you converted the mod to)

5. Run Blender and import:
X:\CTSbox_exp_slots\vehicle\trailer_owned\upgrade\markers\cts_box\slots.pim
When you get to the "X:\CTSbox_exp_slots", click the "Set Current Dir as Project Base" button, then navigate to the .pim and dbl click it.

6. Make your edits to the model.

7. Save your project. Wherever Blender wants to save it. Call it "CTBox slots" if you want.

8. In the Properties editor (default: far right pane) there is a vertical colum of little icons. Select the 3rd one from the top (Output Properties) set the "Default Export Path" to:
vehicle/trailer_owned/upgrade/markers/cts_box
by clicking the little folder icon at the righthand side.

9.Just below that is "SCS Conversion Helper" section. You should have the Conversion Tools path set there. It'll be wherever you've installed Conversion Tools. This is important.

10. Just below that, make sure "Custom Paths" is unchecked.

11. Just below that, make sure "Export" is checked, then press the CONVERT CURRENT SCS PROJECT button.
A command prompt will open automatically. It'll take a second or two for the conversion to process. The command prompt will close automatically.
You'll see a little blue message at the bottom of the screen saying "Conversion done!"
You can close Blender if you want. But I always keep it open just in case.

12. Wherever you installed Conversion Tools, navigate to the "rsrc" folder. In that folder you will see one or more folders named "linked_bt_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" (where the x's mean the rest of the folder name, whatever it is)
Pick the most recently dated one and in that folder you'll see "@cache" folder, look in that folder.
You'll see 'automat', 'material' and 'vehicle' folders. This is your converted mod.

13. Technically you only need the slots.pmd and slots.pmg files (because you've changed nothing but the orientation of model selectors) from that @cache folder:
vehicle\trailer_owned\upgrade\markers\cts_box\slots.pmd
vehicle\trailer_owned\upgrade\markers\cts_box\slots.pmg

14. Copy them BOTH into EXACTLY the same folder in your X:\CTSbox folder you made from the original CS53TR mod. Overwrite both existing files.

15. Zip up the X:\CTSbox contents and call it "CS53TR.zip" (with normal compression) and place it in your mod folder. You'll need to remove the oringal CS53TR.scs mod before playing.

That's the long-winded version.
IF you want.. from step 13, you can simply make a folder in your mod folder called CTSbox, and in that folder make "vehicle\trailer_owned\upgrade\markers\cts_box" folder structure and place the two slots files in the last 'ctsbox' folder.
In Mod Manager it might be hard to find because it has no manifest, or such, but when you find it give it a higher priority than the CS53TR trailer mod already in your mod folder. With this method you don't have to remove the original trailer.
It'll simply overwrite those two files only. The game will complain about missing a manifest file, but it'll add default ones and you can simply make your own later on, once you are happy with your model edit.

I hope I covered everything :)
Space_Night

#378 Post by Space_Night » 08 May 2020 14:22

not bad for half an hours work
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
its not standalone though and takes up one of the slots of an existing paint scheme.
richborba1

#379 Post by richborba1 » 08 May 2020 14:45

room217au wrote: 08 May 2020 05:29 You've obviously got the "io_scs_tools" and "io_converter_pix_wrapper" addons in Blender. In terms of import/edit/export/conversion, this is how I do it. Using the CTS box trailer and editing 'marker slots' as an example:
If you haven't already done it, extract base.scs from ATS game files to a folder called "ATS_Game_Files" on a large drive somewhere.

2. Extract entire CS53TR to that folder. Everything. This will be your 'edited' mod trailer. Just incase you mess something up and have to start again, the original trailer is intact.

3. Make an 'environment' folder in '..\CTSbox\material' folder. Into that environment folder, copy:
generic_s.dds
generic_t.dds
generic_b.dds
vehicle_reflection.tobj

4. Open the Command Prompt in Windows. Wherever you installed Converter_Pix, navigate to there in the command prompt and type this line:
converter_pix -b X:\CTSbox -m \vehicle\trailer_owned\upgrade\markers\cts_box\slots -e X:\CTSbox_exp_slots

When you get to the "X:\CTSbox_exp_slots", click the "Set Current Dir as Project Base" button, then navigate to the .pim and dbl click it.

7. Save your project. Wherever Blender wants to save it. Call it "CTBox slots" if you want.

8. In the Properties editor (default: far right pane) there is a vertical colum of little icons. Select the 3rd one from the top (Output Properties) set the "Default Export Path" to:

9.Just below that is "SCS Conversion Helper" section. You should have the Conversion Tools path set there. It'll be wherever you've installed Conversion Tools. This is important.

11. Just below that, make sure "Export" is checked, then press the CONVERT CURRENT SCS PROJECT button.
A command prompt will open automatically. It'll take a second or two for the conversion to process. The command prompt will close automatically.
You'll see a little blue message at the bottom of the screen saying "Conversion done!"

12. Wherever you installed Conversion Tools, navigate to the "rsrc" folder. In that folder you will see one or more folders named "linked_bt_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" (where the x's mean the rest of the folder name, whatever it is)
Pick the most recently dated one and in that folder you'll see "@cache" folder, look in that folder.
You'll see 'automat', 'material' and 'vehicle' folders. This is your converted mod.

13. Technically you only need the slots.pmd and slots.pmg files (because you've changed nothing but the orientation of model selectors) from that @cache folder:

14. Copy them BOTH into EXACTLY the same folder in your X:\CTSbox folder you made from the original CS53TR mod. Overwrite both existing files.

15. Zip up the X:\CTSbox contents and call it "CS53TR.zip" (with normal compression) and place it in your mod folder. You'll need to remove the oringal CS53TR.scs mod before playing.

IF you want.. from step 13, you can simply make a folder in your mod folder called CTSbox, and in that folder make "vehicle\trailer_owned\upgrade\markers\cts_box" folder structure and place the two slots files in the last 'ctsbox' folder.
In Mod Manager it might be hard to find because it has no manifest, or such, but when you find it give it a higher priority than the CS53TR trailer mod already in your mod folder. With this method you don't have to remove the original trailer.
It'll simply overwrite those two files only. The game will complain about missing a manifest file, but it'll add default ones and you can simply make your own later on, once you are happy with your model edit.

Very much appreciated!!! Will this work with editing all types of mods?
richborba1

#380 Post by richborba1 » 08 May 2020 14:46

room217au wrote: 08 May 2020 05:29 You've obviously got the "io_scs_tools" and "io_converter_pix_wrapper" addons in Blender. In terms of import/edit/export/conversion, this is how I do it. Using the CTS box trailer and editing 'marker slots' as an example:

generic_s.dds
generic_t.dds
generic_b.dds
vehicle_reflection.tobj

Very much appreciated!!! Will this work with editing all types of mods?

Return to “Trailers”