Another Turn Signal Issue [NOTED]

Blackspots

Re: Another Turn Signal Issue [NOTED]

#11 Post by Blackspots » 28 May 2016 22:24

Actually, in Frieghtliner trucks, the turn signal automatically cancels (Business Class M). Even the (old) Internationals do (D444T 3700/4700 trucks). My experience is that only Mack trucks don't automatically cancel (RD688S).
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico
Driver080

#12 Post by Driver080 » 29 May 2016 06:42

Really? Strange then they must change it for Freightliners exported to Australia. None of them here have self cancelling indicators, neither do Kenworth, Western Star.

Up until I drove a Scania, I thought it was just a given that trucks did not have self cancelling turn signals - given the nature of the job, and the complete morons we have to share our workplace with,

it only makes sense.

The Scania I drive atm, irl, the self cancelling indicator is a major PITA! It cancels when your second or third trailer hasn't even cleared the intersection, which people see as a green light to pass on the

inside.

As for someone saying they couldn't handle the option of a turn signal that didn't cancel, to they point they could no longer play the game....

It is a simulator. Heaven forbid it might be realistic
Is it too much to ask to have the vanilla SCS companies on the AI truck traffic???

What is the point of choosing a company name and logo when it's not used in the game???

In 20 years of trucking IRL I've never reversed a tanker onto a dock
PW4056

#13 Post by PW4056 » 29 May 2016 08:22

Don't know what trucks you've been driving, but every single truck I have driven did not have self-cancelling turn signals. I've driven a Mack truck, Kenworth T660, Freightliner Century, Peterbilt 386, Kenworth T660, and Kenworth T680.
Captain Kevin
[ external image ]
Frontiersman

#14 Post by Frontiersman » 29 May 2016 22:39

ShirBlackspots wrote:Actually, in Frieghtliner trucks, the turn signal automatically cancels (Business Class M). Even the (old) Internationals do (D444T 3700/4700 trucks). My experience is that only Mack trucks don't automatically cancel (RD688S).
It's never good to assume that if you haven't seen it, it doesn't exist. Every FLD and the one Classic I drove did not (most had the Grote-style, left-to-cancel signal switch with the pull on flashers). The 94 Volvo WIA I drove did not. The old Mack, the 379.. much more didn't than did, that I've driven.
SiSL
SCS Software

#15 Post by SiSL » 29 May 2016 22:41

Let's not compare 2012+ models to ancient times...

Auto canceling feature is not older than 2 decades in any vehicle...
Blackspots

#16 Post by Blackspots » 30 May 2016 00:53

Our trucks at work range from around 1999-ish to 2012.

The 1999-2002 or so Freightliner Business Class M do have self cancelling turn signals, but you have to move the turn signal stick to cancel the hazards (because the hazard is a pull out style under the stick).
2005 and on, they auto cancel, and have an automotive style hazard button.

We also have a couple 2010 Cascadia's and their turn signals auto cancel

2012 Frieghtliner Business Class M: https://db.tt/NHRxu7N4
2012 Mack: https://db.tt/MGoLwEaA (I've never been inside this truck)
An assortment of our trucks (https://db.tt/gDUaOqFZ)
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico
Mr Larrington

#17 Post by Mr Larrington » 30 May 2016 15:43

SiSL wrote:Let's not compare 2012+ models to ancient times...

Auto canceling feature is not older than 2 decades in any vehicle...
The first two cars I owned (Peugeot 505, Ford Capri) were both built in 1979 and both has self-cancelling indicators. I'm pretty sure my parents' 1969 Saab 95 had them too, though possibly not the Morris Oxford which preceded the Saab. Though the Morris did have a natty green blinkenlight on the end of the stalk which, as was universal on proper Queen-fearing BRITISH cars in those days, was on the right.

(Smoothes greying locks)
Mr Larrington
President & CEO: Interllama, Inc.
a bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
Blackspots

#18 Post by Blackspots » 30 May 2016 16:28

My brother's 1979 Chevy Silverado had self cancelling turn signals. So did the 1979 Plymouth Volarie that my parents owned.
Frontiersman

#19 Post by Frontiersman » 31 May 2016 14:28

Comparing apples to oranges now, are we? :roll: Over an issue of self-cancelling turn signals. Here's the facts:
Many trucks have them
Many trucks do not
Trucks are not cars
SCS has already implemented the feature so apparently they agree that older style truck mods should have the option. And since no one is forcing a user to do one or the other, how about we just consider this topic closed?
sanityfree

#20 Post by sanityfree » 31 May 2016 15:01

PW4056 wrote:Another issue with the turn signal. In the United States, truck turn signals do not automatically cancel. You're supposed to have the turn signal on throughout the entirety of the turn, and if the turn signal cancels automatically, the trailer would still be in the middle of the turn.
Volvo does, as early as 2006.

Return to “Bugs 1.2”