What makes that 'coo' sound?

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Khayecin

What makes that 'coo' sound?

#1 Post by Khayecin » 16 Sep 2021 19:58

Hi! Sorry to make a new topic, but I don't even know how to search for this or express what I'm referring to. Do you know when, in real life, some trucks make a 'coo' sound when shifting gears? At least, I think it's when they shift gears; might be the engine. It's like a... I don't know, an inwards sound, like it's breathing in. Some city trucks do that sound around here (Brazil's countryside). I think it's cute and I want it. :lol:

drholz's package in Steam had something like that for the DAF XF trucks, or Scania, I don't remember; but, again, I don't even know how to search for it.

Anyone willing to explain how it works or what makes that sound? :D I love ETS and ATS, but I'm ignorant regarding trucks. Thanks in advance!
weejohn67

Re: What makes that 'coo' sound?

#2 Post by weejohn67 » 16 Sep 2021 20:44

are you talking about the turbo sound when the engine revs drop during gear changes, normally found on the V8 sound mods of "open pipes"
Sorry English is my 1st language , i am just bad at spellin :D

WOT https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/18729
muli

#3 Post by muli » 16 Sep 2021 20:49

On the one hand this is a game and on the other hand..many sound mods are close to real.
sorry for my bad englisch
Khayecin

#4 Post by Khayecin » 16 Sep 2021 20:50

... I have no idea! :oops:

But, as a reference, I searched on Steam and found a video sample. It's the sound that happens at 3:01 and onwards, when the gears are shifted.
xXCARL1992Xx

#5 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 16 Sep 2021 20:52

i dont think this is from shifting, this is the turbo charger releasing not needed air out of the system a turbo blow off
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Khayecin

#6 Post by Khayecin » 16 Sep 2021 20:56

Ah...! It makes sense, then! Again, I appreciate the help. So, if I want a sound mod with something like that, I should focus on V8 sound mods? Open pipe?
jarthurteixeira

#7 Post by jarthurteixeira » 17 Sep 2021 00:44

This question was so funny that I had to create an account to respond it! :lol: :lol:

What you're looking for is a pretty common mod here in Brazil called "pente na turbina" (turbine comb in direct translation). It's a piece of steel plate that they weld in the turbocharger downpipe just for the sound. Here's an example:
I don't know if there is a mod with this feature, but it is worthwhile to try the kriechbaum's Scania open pipe mods; I think that one of them has something similar to that sound.
Khayecin

#8 Post by Khayecin » 17 Sep 2021 04:07

I had no idea!!! :lol:

I might know nothing about trucks, but Brazilian blood runs strong and I learned to like that mod without even knowing what it was! :lol:

Thank you so much for creating your account and teaching me about this! I hope someone makes a mod for it; and I found the kriechbaum's open pipe mod you mentioned, so thank you again, my dear!
jarthurteixeira

#9 Post by jarthurteixeira » 18 Sep 2021 17:04

You welcome! May the pew be with you! :lol:
fievalfon

#10 Post by fievalfon » 14 Feb 2023 07:12

I know this is a Brazilian thing and I’ve tried doing it numerous times with no luck now. Does somebody have a good video that’s in English or is there somebody that can give good detail instructions on how to do this. I’ve seen tons and tons of videos of penta na turbina but unfortunately I don’t speak or understand Portuguese and I have no way of telling what I’m doing wrong. It all looks so simple and I’ve tried numerous styles of combs but I don’t get any sound. Would love if someone could chime in and teach me. Thanks I’m advance.

Return to “Help requests”