Sound Fixes Pack v24.06 - ATS + ETS2 - 2024MAR02 ⛽

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Drive Safely

Sound Fixes Pack v24.06 - ATS + ETS2 - 2024MAR02 ⛽

#1 Post by Drive Safely » 06 Feb 2016 02:35

Welcome to the official page for the Sound Fixes Pack! 🔊

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Traffic packs currently modified by sounds:

Base game traffic (81% done)
[ETS2] International Traffic Pack - Vanilla Edition by Elitesquad Modz v1.0 (42% done)
Motorcycle Traffic Pack by Jazzycat v6.5.5 (6% done)

:arrow: Description

This mod has been bringing more immersion to common sounds in the game for over 8 years!

It packs a lot of sound content within one mod, making it great value within the 100 mod limit in Convoy multiplayer.

:arrow: Compatibility

* ETS2 1.49.2 + ATS 1.49.3. No errors in game log. Must have high priority in Mod Manager.
* Does not replace individual player truck sounds, so this mod can be used with an unlimited amount of truck sound mods of your choice.
* Compatible with all maps and all trucks, including truck mods.
* Supported in single-player and multiplayer Convoy mode, and is marked as an optional mod in Convoy.
* If hosting a Convoy dedicated server with this mod, it is recommended to turn on "mods_optioning" to prevent mod version restrictions.

:arrow: Minimum requirements

Requires higher priority in Mod Manager than:
- any map mods (e.g. ProMods)
- any AI traffic mods (e.g. traffic packs and traffic pack add-ons)
- any rain sound mods (unless proven to be compatible)

:arrow: Feature list

The mod features meticulously crafted sounds, covering the following:

- An extensive variety of suspension and truck and trailer tire bump sounds.
- Fuel / filling station sounds.
- Door close and seatbelt sounds after refueling.
- Train sound enhancements, including authentic sounds for several locomotives and railroad cars.
- Country/state specific railroad crossing bell sounds.
- More auditory detail in tire noise for all terrains: asphalt, gravel, grass, snow, and sleeper lines.
- Wet tire sound for the player's truck tires when the asphalt roads are wet.
- Reworked tire screech sound effects.
- Nokia phone ringtone sound replacing the hurry up / late music, leading to less stress for the player.
- Default common sound reworks, such as improved default air brake sounds and a softer default reverse beep.
- AI traffic vehicle sound improvements, with engine and horn sounds uniquely set for specific vehicles.
- English AU/UK/US voice navigation variants with speaker effect added and uncustomary phrases removed.
- Wind buffeting and rush of air sounds at high speeds only when the window is open.
- Additional environmental and ambient sounds, and tasteful changes to existing ambient sounds in the game world.
- Trailer coupling and trailer brace rotation sounds.
- Four standalone air horns.
- Sound mix implemented for the Musical Road in American Truck Simulator's Historic Route 66.
- Dynamic rain sounds, and an assortment of different thunder sounds with delay.
- The default wiper sound may now squeak only when the windshield is dry.
- Default gear grinding sound effect additions and improvements.
- Stronger reverb effects when under bridges and overpasses.
- (Optional) Reefer / refrigerated trailer sound functionality.
- (Optional - ATS only) Cop scouting reports via CB radio (enable in voice navigation options).
- Fixes for World Ambient sound glitches from the vanilla game.

For further immersion, the mod may also include official paint colors and more authentic specifications for each AI traffic vehicle it modifies for sound. Rarer paint colors are less likely to be seen.

:arrow: Credits

* SCS Software for base sounds and for creating games open to modding
* Drive Safely for sound mixing and editing, some sound samples, and for compiling the mod
* antonvezdehod and Katixa for some high speed tire sounds
* Darkcaptain for a variety of rain sound samples
* Grinch for the Euro Truck Simulator 2 fallback railroad crossing bell sound
* Kriechbaum for blinker off stick sound and several Renault T and Mack E6 sound samples
* Trayscapes for recordings of a Mack E6 truck
* Vasily EVR for some air brake sound samples
* Zeemod for a wind sound sample

:arrow: Official SCS forum link

The SCS Forum link below for the Sound Fixes Pack holds all official download links and is open to suggestions and questions about the mod:
viewtopic.php?t=200919

If you like quick and easy automatic updates and a 'safe mode' to protect from incompatibility with future game updates, the Steam Workshop edition of the mod is highly recommended.

📁 Download

- https://sharemods.com/do6dlni47287/Soun ... is.7z.html [v24.06 - ShareMods (109.7 MB)]
- https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =648591060 [AUTO UPDATES - Steam Workshop ETS2]
- https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =830663438 [AUTO UPDATES - Steam Workshop ATS]
- https://truckymods.io/euro-truck-simula ... fixes-pack [TruckyMods ETS2]
- https://truckymods.io/american-truck-si ... fixes-pack [TruckyMods ATS]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Enjoy the mod. :) Support is available on this forum. Please report any issues you may find.

🎚️ Recommended settings

[ external image ]
Open image for full size

📀 Video showcases

📗 User Guide

[ external image ]
Last edited by Drive Safely on 04 Mar 2024 02:20, edited 708 times in total.
Einjzmolf

Re: Sound Fixes Pack v12.0 ATS [1.0 and up] [Feb 6, 2016]

#2 Post by Einjzmolf » 06 Feb 2016 03:22

Yesssss!!! It has arrived!

Thank you so much :D
steve30x

#3 Post by steve30x » 06 Feb 2016 08:25

Thank you. I am using the ETS 2 version which makes a big difference. This is very welcome.
Dpierres

#4 Post by Dpierres » 06 Feb 2016 08:52

When changing gears without clutch, not trying to float gears, I don't get any grinding noises. I'm intentionally trying to grind gears but don't hear the sound. Is this intended?
TrackIR W/Track Clip Pro • Logitech G27 Setup
Drive Safely

#5 Post by Drive Safely » 06 Feb 2016 10:44

@Dpierres

It's not intended, but I think it's a limitation of the game engine. I'm sure it only plays when there is damage to your transmission (check Diagnostics). In real life, grinding the gears would cause damage to the transmission, but in this game you would have to crash your truck to cause damage to your transmission.

I've tried grinding the gears on my mouse and keyboard setup (sequential) and it only plays the grinding sound when I have crashed my truck badly (unfortunately). Depending on how badly you crashed your truck, you can lose some of the higher gears and you can get more gears to grind when shifting it (even if you shift it perfectly).

Edit: Considering you have a clutch setup I don't see why it wouldn't grind. Are there any errors in the game log?
Puncake

#7 Post by Puncake » 06 Feb 2016 15:55

Yay can now have this in ATS. Thanks :)
Dpierres

#8 Post by Dpierres » 06 Feb 2016 16:57

I don't get any errors in the game. When I disable the mod, the default grinding sounds are back. No big deal. I'm happy with all the other sounds I this mod ;)
Drive Safely

#9 Post by Drive Safely » 06 Feb 2016 21:02

@Dpierres
Are you using any other truck sound mods currently? Maybe they define the default volume for the gear grind and I should make the volume match theirs.

@Mr.GermanTruck Thanks for doing the review! Loved that you heard the train and helicopter sounds too. :) I added it into the original post.
Dpierres

#10 Post by Dpierres » 06 Feb 2016 22:18

Yes I am using other sound mods. I will disable all mods but yours when I get home and see if there's a change.

Below is the list of all mods I currently use, and their order in mod manager. (First three are yours of course)

-US Police Siren
-Sound Fixes Pack
-Environment sounds
-Paccar sound mod for Kenworth 680 & Pete 579
-Improved truck physics
-Improved Cameras Mod

Return to “Sound”