Sound Fixes Pack v24.10 - ATS + ETS2 - 2024APR12 ⛽

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Frontiersman

Re: Sound Fixes Pack v17.87 - ATS + ETS2 - 2017DEC17

#881 Post by Frontiersman » 25 Dec 2017 14:40

Oh man, the times I've fired up the comp and gone into my mod work folder and just sat there, staring, wondering how I could have made such a mess.

Creativity sometimes keeps us up late. But mischief happens late lol.

Merry Christmas!
yozza

#882 Post by yozza » 26 Dec 2017 20:38

Derive Safley. The only problem I have found with this mod is that if I use your sound mod I loose Kriechbaum's engine sound mod for the Next Gen Scania. Is there a way I can get both to work together.
vulchor

#883 Post by vulchor » 26 Dec 2017 23:40

Have you tried making sure Kriechbaum's mod is higher than the Sound Fixes pack in your load order?

I've never had any problems with Drive Safely's Sound Fixes pack and any engine sound mods before, but I've always placed them above this pack in the load order.
yozza

#884 Post by yozza » 27 Dec 2017 00:27

Tried putting Kriechbaum's Next Gen Scania Engine sound mod higher than Drive Safely's but still doesn't work.
Drive Safely

#885 Post by Drive Safely » 29 Dec 2017 05:34

I am behind in addressing some of the questions on this forum and Steam Workshop. I'm still thinking about what I can do to improve things about the mod and making things more configurable and compatible.

In the meantime, I would like to share that as well as making the game atmosphere realistic, the goal in 2018 is to also ensure that sounds are relaxing where possible.
I've heard that a lot pf players find that ETS2/ATS is indeed a relaxing game and the sounds should reflect that.

New UI sounds are currently implemented on the ETS2 Steam Workshop edition in v17.92 - let me know if you find they are more relaxing than the vanilla sounds or worse than the vanilla sounds.

There's also a lot of feedback for a quieter cab or an option to reduce external traffic noise from the inside. I will do some further testing and get back to you on this.
Avegooday

#886 Post by Avegooday » 29 Dec 2017 18:00

Thank you Drive Safely for your work. You have recently made some corrections to the hard acceleration sounds of Lamborghini in ETS. However, my problem with this kind of "racing" sound was with the Ford Crown Victoria in ATS which was rather irritating after a while and not really "relaxing". For my personal use, I took the engine sound from a BMW from your ETS Pack, increased the volume a little bit (so it can still have a different sound from regular other cars) and replace the Crown Victoria engine sound with it. Perhaps, it is not the right sound for it but it sounds pretty good and at least, I no longer have this impression of beeing chased by a Formula 1 car. Of course, I must replace that file each time a new update is released and I thought you may have a look again at that specific sound to see if it could be improved. If most people like it the way it is, then I will simply continue to replace it. Thanks for yuor attention and have a good day !
Drive Safely

#887 Post by Drive Safely » 29 Dec 2017 22:52

@Avegooday - Thanks - I will look into improving the Ford Crown Victoria engine sound. :)
vulchor

Re: Sound Fixes Pack v17.92 - ATS + ETS2 - 2017DEC29

#888 Post by vulchor » 30 Dec 2017 02:50

The new UI sounds are wonderful! So much better than the jarring default SCS ones. I love the idea for making sure the soundscape is relaxing, thanks for your all your hard work Drive Safely. Have a happy New Year!

EDIT: okay, so when I tried the sounds out initially, I had just went into the universal.zip archive from Steam Workshop and played the .ogg files in VLC to hear what they sounded like. Now that I tried it out in-game, I'm actually not getting those replacement UI sounds, it's still the ugly SCS click sounds. I have your mod at the top of my load order, and don't have any other sound mods, so I'm not sure what's going on here.
Drive Safely

#889 Post by Drive Safely » 30 Dec 2017 03:11

@vulchor - I'm getting the same on ETS2 myself - although it works fine in ATS. One of the click sounds work if you start the game and load your profile without entering the Mod Manager, but the other click sound doesn't work. The rest of the UI sounds work though. Very weird.

Edit: On second attempt, now all sounds are working. It's just some weird behavior with how the sounds are "cached" into your profile (since these sounds have to load upon entering the game). So yeah you can expect it to not work for 1 or 2 times after changing profiles or using the Mod Manager.
vulchor

#890 Post by vulchor » 30 Dec 2017 03:17

Okay, I'll try without checking the mod manager first before I launch my profile. It's habit for me to always go into the mod manager, since I use a few different profiles I habitually make sure everything is updated since my last session. If only there was a way to repack the main game .scs files. We can extract them with the SCS_Extractor tool, but there's no way to modify them. I'd love to use your UI sounds before I choose my profile too. I really hate the the SCS clicks, their just so jarring, especially since I have the in-game music turned off since I listen to the in-game radio stations and got sick of the in-game music quite a long time ago, lol.

edit: okay so this time I get one of the clicks, but not the other. I'll just keep trying until they both work. Thanks for the help.

edit2: well I still cannot get the other click to work. The only new sound I've noticed is the one main click. Any tips on what I else I can do to get them working?

Return to “Sound”