Sound Fixes Pack v24.11 - ATS + ETS2 - 2024APR16 ⛽

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Drive Safely

Re: Sound Fixes Pack v21.57 - ATS + ETS2 - 2021AUG13

#2241 Post by Drive Safely » 14 Aug 2021 06:25

A few months ago I got reefer startup sounds working in the game... but it still felt incomplete and I knew there was potential for a future discovery.

[ external image ]

Months later after an amazing discovery, the reefer / refrigerated trailer sounds have been updated to include a highly requested change:
By extending the functionality of the wind sounds, the reefer trailer sound can now play while driving.

It's still a workaround since it's not a standard feature in the game yet, but until then we can pioneer the sound this way!
Previous trailer mods that activate the reefer sounds from this pack in 1.41 are forwards compatible with this update.
This feature is optional and requires activation by a reefer sound addon or trailer mod to enable the sound.

Some content creators have kindly previewed these sounds so you can understand the quirks and how the reefer sound works, which are really important to understand, since after all it's a workaround. :)
Clumsy's video explains the quirks very well:

There are also some short form videos from Milan and A. P. 101 Gaming.
(small correction from the video, you can use other sound mods with this combination, just not other wind noise mods)

Important information to take note from this new change:

- This relies on the wind sound to "carry" the reefer sound once you drive, so other wind noise mods won't be compatible.
- "Noise of the flowing air" must be activated in the Audio settings.
- Due to the way the wind sounds are optimized in game, it cannot sustain the reefer sound at 0 km/h for long.
- The reefer sounds should kick back in once you set off, however.
- The Trailer Noise slider controls the sound volume of the reefer startup noise and sound loop of a new cycle.
- The Truck Noise slider controls the sound volume of the reefer sound loop when driving.
- It is recommended to have both sliders at the same volume (50%) for consistency.
- If you want to take a break and keep the reefer idling such as when you are at a truck stop:
Simply disconnect and reconnect the trailer to reactivate the cycle.
This will allow you to hear the reefer when you are idle or parked. It can be a relaxing white noise this way.

Regarding what the refrigerated trailer sound can be confirmed to work with:

Freight Market: Confirmed to work.
External Contracts: Confirmed to work.
Quick Jobs: Can work, but you need to disconnect and reconnect the trailer to start the cycle.
❌ Ownable Trailers: Not applicable.

Reefer trailer sound addon download links:

(ETS2 1.41) Reefer trailer sound addon for SCS trailers: https://sharemods.com/0qc8tobwn8q2/Reef ... 2.scs.html
(ATS 1.41) Reefer trailer sound addon for SCS trailers: https://sharemods.com/899corn4gjoi/Reef ... S.scs.html

Download link for Sound Fixes Pack in the first post.

Additionally, if you want to configure the reefer sound for a different reefer trailer mod, check out the modding guide here: viewtopic.php?f=201&t=299112

@Frenchman - Thank you! A nice surprise :D
Last edited by Drive Safely on 14 Aug 2021 11:07, edited 1 time in total.
zippe

#2242 Post by zippe » 14 Aug 2021 07:24

@Drive Safely awesome work soundmaster! ;) the reefer sound is really coooool :) 👍👍
GT182

#2244 Post by GT182 » 14 Aug 2021 19:22

The reefer sound mod is required I understand. Should it be activated below or above the Sound Fixes 21.57 update? I say below it, but I just want to make sure. It might also help others that could have a problem where they place it, and then say it doesn't work. ;)

As for the SCS trailer file, the below shopuld already be in the SCS reefer files? I've been having problem using Notepad++ to look into .scs files. So if I have a trailer mod, of which I don't think I have any, the reefer sound won't work.

trailer_brace_up_sound: "/sound_fixes_pack/trailer/reefer_up.soundref"
trailer_brace_down_sound: "/sound_fixes_pack/trailer/reefer_down.soundref"

I'm just making sure I know before I try anything, so I can get it right the first time. ;)
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
Vinnie Terranova

#2245 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 14 Aug 2021 20:32

I think the Reefer Sound Addon must be activated above Sound Fixes Pack, because it contains references to a map 'sound_fixes_pack' which ofcourse is in the Sound Fixes Pack mod.
Yoko

#2246 Post by Yoko » 14 Aug 2021 20:46

Drive Safely wrote: 14 Aug 2021 06:07 @Yoko - Not necessarily for the reefer trailer sound addon, but I guess you can't go wrong with that. :)

As for the wind noise mod, yes you'd have to disable it OR put it lower priority than the Sound Fixes Pack when you want to haul a reefer trailer with the reefer sound addon enabled
I have now disabled it. Thank you for your answer! :)
OS: Win10 | CPU: R9 5900x 3.70GHz - 4950GHz | MB: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Ti Gaming X Trio 8GB | RAM: 32GB (4x8GB)
Drive Safely

#2247 Post by Drive Safely » 14 Aug 2021 22:49

@GT182 - It just needs to be enabled since the Sound Fixes Pack doesn't include the trailer definitions. Load order for the addon won't matter much unless you have a trailer mod conflict. Just keep it above trailers to be on the safe side I guess.

The sound addon I linked takes care of all the chassis definitions for the SCS reefer trailers, so any reefer trailer in the game by default should have the sound with the addon enabled
GT182

#2248 Post by GT182 » 15 Aug 2021 02:13

Ok, and thanks DS.
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
Drive Safely

Re: Sound Fixes Pack v21.59 - ATS + ETS2 - 2021AUG18

#2249 Post by Drive Safely » 18 Aug 2021 21:37

Edit 1: There seems to be some technical difficulty uploading the ETS2 version on TruckyMods. I will update if this gets fixed. You can use the alternative downloads in the meantime (Steam Workshop recommended).

Edit 2: The above issue has been resolved.

I am so happy many of you are enjoying the new reefer sounds! But that isn't the only major update for this month... :o I have now released my first iteration of train sounds in the FMOD era.

Why am I so late to the FMOD train sound modding scene you may ask? I wanted to go the extra mile for these sounds so you can appreciate the finer details.
Now when you're close to a train, you can really get a sense of the wear and tear and the stresses on the rails. More in the diagram and change notes below.

[ external image ]

Pretty cool right? :) Unique sounds for individual locomotives are also in the plans for after v21.59. This will just cover the default freight train sound set for now.

[ external image ]

Pack updated to v21.59 with the following changes:
August 18, 2021
v21.59

For all the train fans, the default freight car sounds have been modified with meticulous details:
- Complete sound set for the rails, wheels, and axles that dynamically change over various speeds.
- Dynamic sound volume effects to fade the sounds of the freight car realistically based on proximity.
- Various squeaks and squeals of the freight car that can be heard at low speeds.

===================================================================

August 15, 2021
v21.58

Finally replaced the default diesel train locomotive sounds!
The sound includes much more detail than the default sound, including:
- Brake squeals when stopping.
- Improved sound transitions of idle, acceleration, and deceleration.
- Completely reworked soundset of the engine, with a fuller spectrum of frequencies.
- Most importantly, realistic volume fall-off. It will only be loud in close proximity.
Last edited by Drive Safely on 21 Aug 2021 06:05, edited 1 time in total.
Drive Safely

Re: Sound Fixes Pack v21.59 - ATS + ETS2 - 2021AUG18

#2250 Post by Drive Safely » 19 Aug 2021 21:21

Many thanks to these guys for featuring the reefer trailer sound addon! Check these videos out if you're curious about how it sounds in gameplay.

Return to “Sound”