[ATS] Realistic Brutal Graphics And Weather V6.7 - Updated [8-Mar-2024]

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Kass

Re: [ATS] Realistic Brutal Weather Unforgiving V3.3 (Hot Fix) - Released [1-April-2021]

#241 Post by Kass » 02 Apr 2021 13:39

Your welcome :)

Mod updated V3.3 (Hotfix) For ATS 1.40.x see first post / page for details and download.

ETS2 RBW Version:
Realistic Brutal Weather - ETS
serialblack

Re: [ATS] Realistic Brutal Weather Unforgiving V3.3 (Hot Fix) - Released [1-April-2021]

#242 Post by serialblack » 02 Apr 2021 13:54

so I have noticed a few things. Overall, great job, but is there any way to lessen the eye adaptation, so that things don't dim too much? in certain situations, everything darkens soo much its hard to see much of anything. Also, I noticed a slight issue with the sun lol.
20210402093358_1.jpg

I don't think it was supposed to be black....eclipse maybe? ;)
serialblack

#243 Post by serialblack » 02 Apr 2021 13:57

actually I just noticed you can see the black sun as a "reflection" in the hood as well lol
TMLM

#244 Post by TMLM » 03 Apr 2021 22:33

I also have this issue that at dawn and especially at duak the sky is so bright that everything else gets darker in relation, and gps, mfd and backlights of buttons or dials are barely and sometimes no more visible at all
Sorry for walls of texts, I often can't keep myself short...
Kass

#245 Post by Kass » 04 Apr 2021 10:27

@serialblack eye adaptation is kinda like "personal taste" some may like it others not so much etc i try to make balance. Never noticed to about the sun until you mentioned :o :lol: anyway keep in mind SCS released "unfinished" lighting so its a bit of mess right now and a lot of changes will happen in next updates SCS updates.

@TMLM As i answered in ETS version, i will have look into that, at dawn and sun set get little to dark inside the cabin etc.
serialblack

#246 Post by serialblack » 05 Apr 2021 04:13

@Kass I totally understand what you're saying, but right now its very excessive, and I don't even run any bloom to make it worse. During the day, the interior is dimmed slightly, but gets much worse in the evening. even the roads are darkened to the point where I feel like I should be turning on my lights, but its only 1600 or so lol. I'm sure there's not a lot that can be done about it at the moment, honestly I haven't really looked into the lighting too much, is there a way to "soften" the whiter and brighter side of things, so that eye adaption wouldn't be so heavy? I'll try to take some pics if that will help
Kass

#247 Post by Kass » 06 Apr 2021 09:55

@serialblack like i said before at the moment the lighting system is abit of "mess" sometimes changing 1 value might screw another or something else.
The interior getting dark at evening and dawn should be fixed in the next update :)
As time goes i will make tweaks in RBW etc
piva

#248 Post by piva » 06 Apr 2021 11:25

Kass wrote: 06 Apr 2021 09:55 sometimes changing 1 value might screw another or something else.
:lol: That's right. I told to SCS so them kill weather graphics mods with depends many game parameters to ONE weather parameter "adaptation"
If you want create "cool" weather look - you kill dashboard panel lighting, if you adjust dashboard lighting - you kill weather look. :lol:
I hit the brightness curve in my test weather, but I didn't have the patience to continue on, more that index zero. :lol:
serialblack

#249 Post by serialblack » 07 Apr 2021 08:14

Ya I'm glad they aren't messing with sounds anymore, I can finally make engines sound good without having to start fresh every time....I guess its the weather and lighting modders turn to get screwed with lol. I'm sure you'll get it, I know it's gonna take time to find balance, I'm not worried. Right now its a tad too extreme, but still my favorite weather mod, and the only one I use. Look forward to the updates.
Kass

#250 Post by Kass » 07 Apr 2021 10:01

@piva Thats correct, you are right at the moment the lighting system is mess, and this only happens when is released unfinished. Thats for sure my patience is kinda wearing thin.

@serialblack Truth is SCS should keep this lighting update and release it only when finished with it and not in parts like now, plus they will make changes in future updates and they will not mention in patch notes as usual, that make it even worse. Who ever in SCS take this crap decisions of releasing updates like this crap in parts and unfinished well he or she should..........
These types of updates such as lighting should never and i mean never to be released like this, incomplete simple as that.
Like i said above my patience is getting thin.

Return to “Sound”