SCS-TSRM | NOV 25-2020 | v1.0 RELEASE | SCS Truck Sounds Reworked MEGAPACK

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
R.J Productions

SCS-TSRM | NOV 25-2020 | v1.0 RELEASE | SCS Truck Sounds Reworked MEGAPACK

#1 Post by R.J Productions » 09 Oct 2020 16:10

INTRODUCTION ------------------------------ CHECKOUT THE ETS2 VERSION

Code: Select all

NOTICE

This Mod is not to Interfere with the space for sound modders. This is a taste of one sound modder in many of the other sound modders of the community. It is made to any user of the community that utilizes all the Stock SCS in game trucks, but on the quest of an improvement of the sounds on a detailed level.

This should not and will not alter any ongoing sound mods and related mods at any level that are on progress by other sound modders.

The Community has great sound modders of taste, and there is always a choice of the respective user of the community mods. Shall a taste of such sound mod be a kind of yours, you may endeavor to continue your read and assessment of this post but rather shall not make the post a place to backfire with any sort of unusable comment.

Greetings. 

Although recorded from REAL TRUCKS, It is audible that the current SCS Truck Sounds on the new release of the new FMOD sound engine for the game have a some what unprecedented lack of quality that have arisen due to the ongoing implementation of the new sound engine. Noting the improvement progress of SCS making on its own.

Nevertheless, RastaJr Productions as a sound modder with a defined taste of own has made changes to all the truck sounds as preferred as possible and as tasteful as one simply can design.

The Following work that includes a rework of, most for now but all for the future, sound of the current SCS in-game trucks of ETS2 has been implemented in a way to improve some of the mishaps of the overall truck sounds.

Exception to the EVR Sound Mod of the DAF XF105. I cant break logic to use a XF106 PACCAR sound to the XF105 when there simply is a free mod out there. If in Violation, the Author can simply ask and things shall be sorted out.

Notable improvements.

-Completely re-designed, re-structured, and re-sampled all the sounds of SCS.
-Using the whole sound library that SCS ever released in the base game file, a New MIX of sounds according to the recorded samples by SCS and respective engines.
-The Interchanging of sounds in the game has now been accurately re-defined. 
-With a New Formula to mix all sounds (transitions that reach 200-400rpm per sample based on dependency) is used in mixing the sound. This has resulted in a success up to 90% of Sound Smoothness, when ever revving the engines or when ever the revs fallback. 
-Carefully redesigned Horn Sounds.
-On the Basis that SCS has made a GREAT Improvement in the Miscellaneous Interior Stick Sounds, a unique Low Air Pressure Sound for every truck along with wiper sounds was only added to each sound improvement. Stick sounds that play for blinker sticks and so on were recorded uniquely for every truck as new by SCS and independently added for every truck. As a result, a decision not to replace such sound samples. 
- And many more improvements made.
BIG THANKS TO THE AUTHORS

SCS - Everything
Kriechbaum - Turbo Sound Files

I Just took care of the combination.

UPDATE NOTES

Version 1.0

-First Release

-Compatible with v1.39

Guide to using the SOUND MOD

The design and release of this MEGAPACK for ATS will be different from the one in ETS2 in a slight manner.

As you all know American Trucks have common engines among truck brands. Engines like Caterpillar, Cummins, etc being used among different truck brands. Therefore the sounds redesigned here will not be limited to the truck brand they’re from but the engines they're recorded from.

Example: The default ingame Kenworth W900 by SCS can have 3 different sound mods to play since it uses 3 types of engines. Namely 1. Catepillar C15, 2. Cummins ISX15, and 3. Paccar MX13. Previously SCS only lets the Kenworth W900 play only one sound which is the default Caterpillar C15 Sound by SCS, no matter the engine you use. Now when using this sound mod you will get to have different sounds according to the different engines you use.

- The Sound mod currently includes 4 set of different sounds. Lists of sounds are below in code.

1. Caterpillar C15 - For Caterpillar C15 Engine

2. Cummins ISX15 - For Cummins ISX15 and Cummins X15 Engine

3. Paccar MX13 - For Paccar MX Engine

3. Mack MP8 - For Mack MP8 Engine

COMPATIBILITY: This sound mod works for the following SCS trucks and community truck mods.

International Lonestar by SCS - Cummins ISX15

Kenworth T680 by SCS - Cummins ISX15 and Paccar MX13

Kenworth W900 by SCS - Caterpillar C15, Cummins ISX15, and Paccar MX13

Mack Anthem by SCS - Mack MP8

Peterbilt 389 by SCS - Caterpillar C15, Cummins ISX15, and Paccar MX13 

Peterbilt 579 by SCS - Cummins ISX15 and Paccar MX13 

Volvo VNL by SCS - Cummins ISX15 

Western Star 49X by SCS - Cummins ISX15

International LT by GALIMIM - Cummins ISX15

Kenworth T880 by GALIMIM - Cummins ISX15 and Paccar MX13

Volvo VNL 2018 by GALIMIM - Cummins ISX15

Volvo VNR 2018 by GALIMIM - Cummins ISX15

Mack Pinnacle by GALIMIM - Mack MP8

Freightliner FLC by XBS - Caterpillar C15

Kenworth K100E by OverFloater - Caterpillar C15, Cummins ISX15, and Paccar MX13

Kenworth W990 by Harven - Cummins ISX15 and Paccar MX13

Western Star 4900FA by Yukonjack - Cummins ISX15

PROCEDURES

> This sound mod can be used along with other sound mods like Sound Fixes Pack by Drive Safely AND Real AI Traffic Sounds by CIP but with the exception that you load them below this sound mod. That means the sound mod you use from this thread should always be above those two sound mods for best output.

> This sound mod should not be loaded along with other 3rd party sound mods made by other modders. The reason being to avoid mod conflict.

> This sound mod has its own effects and horn sounds that are unique for every truck.

> Finally when using this sound mod, in order to get the best output in sound use the default SCS audio settings in game. Default Sliders are shown below.
[ external image ]

When clicking the reset to default button, the audio sliders will return to a 50/50 position which is what this sound mod has been care taken for. In other words the settings which are best for an eargasm.

Some sliders are there that you can adjust to your personal taste and some are best if untouched. They're explained below

>Truck engine and Truck exhaust sliders shouldn't be touched. They're best at SCS default 50/50 settings. But if you want you can have the master volume sound at 100% full since it controls the general volume output.
[ external image ]

>Truck noise and Trailer noise sliders also are better off untouched at 50/50 settings but they control the sounds of the truck and trailer sounds such as Tyre and trailer coupling sounds so if you think they're too loud you can always touch them up a notch like mine.
[ external image ]

>Also one sound that may get loud, especially if you're using an AI traffic sound mod, is the traffic noise. So if you think its loud you can touch it up a bit like mine.
[ external image ]

You can adjust the rest of the sliders based on your personal taste.

DETAILS OF THE SOUND MOD AND DOWNLOAD LINKS

-The Sound mod comes in 2 different ways.

1. SCS-TSRM ALL in One

This mod adds the whole 4 set of reworked sounds to ingame default SCS Trucks and a selection of many truck mods of the community as listed above in code.

Download: SCS-TSRM ALL in One

2. SCS-TSRM Independent Files

This mod adds the set of reworked sounds independent to the engines of SCS default trucks and many compatible MOD trucks of the community as listed above in code.

Download the mod by clicking on the titles and you will find the forum links for the truck mods below. Next to the titles is the number of sound you get along with the engine.

> SCS-TSRM Caterpillar C15 Sound
This sound mod works for the trucks Kenworth W900 and Peterbilt 389 by SCS, the MOD Truck Freightliner FLC by XBS and also for the MOD Truck Kenworth K100E by OverFloater.
Freightliner FLC by XBS
Kenworth K100E by OverFloater

> SCS-TSRM Cummins ISX15 Sound
This sound mod works for the trucks International Lonestar, Kenworth T680, Kenworth W900, Peterbilt 389, Peterbilt 579, Volvo VNL, and Western Star 49X by SCS, the MOD Trucks International LT, Kenworth T880, Volvo VNL 2018, and Volvo VNR 2018 by GALIMIM, the MOD Truck Kenworth K100E by OverFloater, the MOD Truck Kenworth W990 by Harven, and the MOD Truck Western Star 4900FA by Yukonjack.
International LT by GALIMIM
Kenworth T880 by GALIMIM
Volvo VNL 2018 by GALIMIM
Volvo VNR 2018 by GALIMIM
Kenworth W990 by Harven
Western Star 4900FA by Yukonjack

> SCS-TSRM Paccar MX13 Sound
This sound mod works for the trucks Kenworth T680, Kenworth W900, Peterbilt 389, and Peterbilt 579 by SCS, the MOD Truck Kenworth T880 by GALIMIM, the MOD Truck Kenworth K100E by OverFloater, and the MOD Truck Kenworth W990 by Harven.
Kenworth T880 by GALIMIM
Kenworth W990 by Harven

> SCS-TSRM Mack MP8 Sound
This sound mod works for the truck Mack Anthem by SCS, and the MOD Truck Mack Pinnacle by GALIMIM.
Mack Pinnacle by GALIMIM

NOTE: The SCS-TSRM ALL in One Pack is a mod file that has all this independent sound mods in one file. So incase any of you want to not switch between mods when changing trucks, the ALL in One Pack is a good option. But for some of you who want to pick only your sound mod of choice, then you can choose from the independent files section.

A demonstration video has been made below for all 4 truck sounds. Below the video you will find a timestamp with the engine used and time of play in the video so you could identify all 4 sounds.

Timestamps.

*Engine | Timestamp*

Caterpillar C15 | 0:00

Cummins ISX15 | 2:14

Paccar MX13 | 4:05

Mack MP8 | 6:16

Enjoy!
Last edited by R.J Productions on 26 Jul 2021 10:39, edited 11 times in total.
Sound Modder

YouTube

Facebook
TransTruckingUSA

Re: SCS-TSRM | Work in Progress | SCS Truck Sounds Reworked MEGAPACK

#2 Post by TransTruckingUSA » 09 Oct 2020 19:41

this sounds amazing! Well done.

As for audio files im certain that SCS Recorded engine sounds when they visited the Kenworth plant.

That leaves a Rather narrow list of engine avaiable.

Caterpillar - What you see and hear most on youtube.
3406A,B,C,E - Mostly used and 3rd party today.
3408PCTA,DITA - Mostly used and 3rd party today.
3316 - Never heard of this one, but its listed on the wiki for the Kenworth engines that can be ordered from the factory.
C11 - - Current Gen
C13 - - Current Gen
C15/C16, C-15 - Current Gen

Cummins - Most installed engines in dealership videos. Do not have alot of knowledge on Cummins, but they are really popular.
N-Series
K-Series
M-Series
ISX

Detroit Diesel - See one video of a DD powered Kenworth. But its an Option. Basicly Mercedes Benz engine platform. Think its the new actros basically running a EU spec DD60.
Detroit Diesel 71 series
Detroit Diesel 92 series
Detroit Diesel 60 series

PACCAR - A single engine also popular in EU specs.
MX13

Hope this helps a littlebit, Seeing the Default SCS Kenworth came with a C15 before they introduced Paccar in to the sim, i would guess the sound samples are a Muffled cleaned up version. (Would explain the Tractor sounding exhaust line).
This i can sort of tell in this Veideo ( Its a straight pipe, but can sort of hear simularity´s) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdHnCBta ... l=n8bolton
Last edited by TransTruckingUSA on 13 Oct 2020 02:49, edited 2 times in total.
TransTruckingUSA

WOT // https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/4860
“The road is my home, the truck is my castle, and the journey is my life.”
Dirk221

#3 Post by Dirk221 » 10 Oct 2020 10:02

Sounds much better! Why can SCS not do this? :/
Qizmett

#4 Post by Qizmett » 12 Oct 2020 22:05

futurama_take-my-money.gif
bryntrollian

#5 Post by bryntrollian » 15 Oct 2020 07:23

Nice what you've done with that sound.

From a recent discussion on a similar topic...
sga0617 wrote: 10 Oct 2020 23:14
At this moment the in game sounds are something like this:

-Lonestar: Cummins ISX15 / X15 (Basically any Cummins 15L post CM871.)
-T680: Paccar MX13 (This is quite loud, so I should say that the sound is more closer to the one you expect in a W900 or P379 with side stacks.).
-W900: Cat C15/3406E.
-P379: Paccar MX13 (It's like another versión of the Paccar, but differently mixed, more suited to an back of the sleeper stack or a no-stack config.).
-P579: Cummins ISX15 (This one is quite estrange, because it have the typical bass of the ISX15, but lacks the clicking noise under load, that is present in the Lonestar.).
-VNL: D13.
-Anthem: MP8 (I'm not sure why VNL and Mack have a very different sound, when in reality, they are very close.).
-WS 49X: X15 from the Lonestar.
R.J Productions

Re: SCS-TSRM | Cummins ISX15 ADDED | W.i.P | SCS Truck Sounds Reworked MEGAPACK

#6 Post by R.J Productions » 19 Oct 2020 21:16

Thank you all for getting the information i needed. Thread has been updated with a new sound.
Sound Modder

YouTube

Facebook
Oldspice

#7 Post by Oldspice » 20 Oct 2020 22:56

Nice try RJ but I must admit that trying to improve the original SCS sounds is pointless as they are pathetic.
And there is an old saying that sums it up, ie......"You Cant Polish A Turd"
Anyhow good luck.
B-Double Truck Driver Australia 30+ Years
Current Truck 2006 IVECO POWERSTAR 6x4 550HP CURSOR13 90K TON RATED
cwat89

#8 Post by cwat89 » 21 Oct 2020 15:06

Liking the ISX sound. Much improved. I agree I thought the LoneStar Cummins is the best sound they ever did and like you said especially in 1.36. When will we be able to use it? Thanks for your work!
R.J Productions

Re: SCS-TSRM | NOV 25-2020 | v1.0 RELEASE | SCS Truck Sounds Reworked MEGAPACK

#9 Post by R.J Productions » 25 Nov 2020 00:42

Thread has been updated. Official release.
Sound Modder

YouTube

Facebook
Rocksteady

Re: SCS-TSRM | NOV 25-2020 | v1.0 RELEASE | SCS Truck Sounds Reworked MEGAPACK

#10 Post by Rocksteady » 25 Nov 2020 08:12

First of all, thanks for your mod for ETS2, I can't play without it, it's a really great job.
As for the ATS, things are not entirely correct here. You use the same ISX engine sound for all trucks, but this is not right. T680, for example, has its own unique sound and is not the same as the ISX on Lonestar or 579.
I was really looking forward to the sound of the T680 in your revision, but your mod completely replaced the original engine and this upset me. Please check the default sounds of all trucks and do everything as great as you can.
Thanks for your work

Return to “Sound”