Actros and New Actros - Incorrect Interior Height [29267]

Katixa

Actros and New Actros - Incorrect Interior Height [29267]

#1 Post by Katixa » 08 Jul 2016 19:53

Hi there,

Screens taken from clean profile without any mods, moving the interior seat position when necesary. Several clean profiles were created, one for each truck shown. Game log for just one truck, found here. (lots of shit about mod files found, but none mounted).

Reproducible always. I tested it with the top cabs (international transport, high roof), not the lower versions.

Issue found:
Both Actros and New Actros interior views are lower than the exterior model shows. Basically, the main reference point which renders the interior view is placed lower, so I hope it's easy to fix.

To be more specific and based on eye calculations using Oculus on normal gameplay, my guess is that the Actros view is around 10-15cm lower, while the New Actros is around 15-20cm lower. This is also noticeable sometimes when stoping next to a fence, or even another truck, and comparing the exterior view with what you see from the interior.

As a reference, I did some tests with several trucks:

New Actros vs New Actros
Exterior view: Correct.
Interior view: Clearly lower.

[ external image ]

New Actros vs Magnum
Exterior view: Magnum mirror is slightly higher.
Interior: Here both big mirrors seem to be at same height, but on the exterior the Mercedes mirror is higher than the Magnum's big mirror.

[ external image ]

Actros vs Magnum
Exterior / Interior: Nothing much to say, pretty obvious ;)

[ external image ]

Actros vs Premium
Notes: The interior view shows similar mirror height, when the exterior shows clearly the Mercedes is higher.

[ external image ]

Magnum vs Actros
Here you can see that both interior and exterior view of the Magnum MATCH the mirror height, unlike the "Actros vs Magnum" comparison shown previously.

[ external image ]

Magnum vs New Actros
As before, perfect match :)

[ external image ]

So, from a Magnum both trucks look good (interior / exterior), but when looking TO a Magnum from those trucks, the exterior is correct while the interior is not.

I didn't take screenshots with more trucks, but it happens the same. I tested it with several others like DAF, Scania, etc. and while on other trucks the interior/exterior match, with the Mercedes it doesn't.

Thanks!

Regards.
Every day above ground is a good day.
Katixa

Re: Actros and New Actros - Incorrect Interior Height

#2 Post by Katixa » 06 Sep 2016 08:38

Hi,

Sorry for bringing this up, but as there are no replies with confirmation or denegation, I'm not sure if it's been lost in the middle of other reports...

I can't test it on 1.25 as I play with Oculus, and I don't want to create a duplicate on the other board. In case it hasn't been looked at, I guess this will still be on 1.25, so just bumping in case it's on time for a fix.

Thanks!
Every day above ground is a good day.
Wolfi
Beta tester

Re: Actros and New Actros - Incorrect Interior Height

#3 Post by Wolfi » 06 Sep 2016 09:01

QA: 29267
Thank you ;)
The smallest details always make the biggest difference.

Return to “Bugs 1.24”