Truck stalling

Uxot

Re: Truck stalling

#51 Post by Uxot » 02 Jul 2016 20:07

So what was the number for "clutch_connected_viscosity_factor:" instead of 10 before 1.22? OR you are talking about the "clutch_connected_viscosity_factor" line?
Cadde

#52 Post by Cadde » 02 Jul 2016 23:01

It was at 1.0 before 1.22.
But i don't think that's the problem as i ran it at 10.0 before 1.22 and all was good. Could start in 6th gear without a trailer as in the real world.
The issue is most likely elsewhere. However, i haven't had time to experiment more today.
On extended hiatus.
Uxot

#53 Post by Uxot » 03 Jul 2016 00:23

Yeah.. i used to be able to start in 7th! with a 750hp Volvo no trailer in ETS2 (makes sense since its power)

Im sure something is wrong and i hope SCS will look into it,its not enjoyable right now..at least for me..
JPS

#54 Post by JPS » 03 Jul 2016 07:59

Uxot wrote:Config.cfg in ATS folder:http://pastebin.com/cqTeuPrD

Config.cfg in profile folder:http://pastebin.com/VhkHKTBe

controls.sii:http://pastebin.com/tn6rB8J5

Will check some stuff you guys said and ill post an update.

Thanks for the replies btw i hope we pinpoint the issue!
I guess no one looked but why is this?:

Code: Select all

56.uset g_pedal_clutch_range "0.29"
If this does what I think it does, it means you are using 1/3 of your pedal range, somewhere. Wich makes it a no brainer why you can't use it like normal, it's 3 times as sensitive. Set it to 1.0 so you'll have full use of the range of the pedal from pressed to released.
Cadde

#55 Post by Cadde » 03 Jul 2016 10:29

JPS, i thought it was clutch related too at first but it isn't. The clutch used to be very tight once upon a time to the point where one couldn't creep properly but not anymore. Now it's the fact that the engine RPM's drop in first gear on a flat surface even when unladen.
But like i said, i need to experiment more and actually verify it in vanilla too.
On extended hiatus.
JPS

#56 Post by JPS » 03 Jul 2016 11:11

Cadde, since I saw you mention it, I tried to get rolling without using the throttle. Guess what, I can... In 2nd even. RPM should drop if you have the clutch at the point that the gearbox engages the engine. And I can see it drop several times as I slowly lift my foot while starting to roll, meaning there are several degrees of 'grabbing', wich to me seems realistic.

@Uxot, I still suggest changing that value... After all it's better than sitting idle screaming there is a bug (while clearly there isn't).
Cadde

#57 Post by Cadde » 03 Jul 2016 11:39

Interesting JPS.
What truck, what engine, what gearbox, are you using the H-shifter mode or sequential, unladen or with trailer?

Because as i see it, even the weakest truck in the game should be able to creep without stalling when not connected to a trailer but it wasn't possible. Even when already rolling if i put it in 1st gear and not touch anything on a flat surface the truck stalled.

I am just about to experiment some more with this now.

EDIT: Quick update, the problem went away when i updated my mod to the latest definitions. Hence i don't need to check vanilla.
In my case it was mod related.

EDIT #2: I do still think the trucks are somewhat weaker than they used to be.
On extended hiatus.
JPS

#58 Post by JPS » 03 Jul 2016 14:50

I mostly drive Freightliners, since I like the older trucks and I can't stand how hideous the dashboard looks in the SCS W900 (the gauges aren't even circles, they are dexagons :roll: ). I'm using a 550 hp engine, cummins at the moment. H-shifter, advanced, Eaton-Fuller 18-speed. With trailer.

The way I see it, the trucks aren't weaker. They just behave a bit more realistic than they used to. I fiddled around with it a bit on a trip:
I've also checked the clutch range slider in the options/controls. If you press the clutch halfway and adjust the range slider, you can see that the clutch will seem less pressed (by the yellow bar). The more you release the clutch, the better you can see this happen. So I do believe the clutch range will have the effect I mentioned. Or at least it should.
It's also a useful way to see just how sensitive your pedal is.
Cadde

#59 Post by Cadde » 03 Jul 2016 19:09

Yeah ok, i am playing ETS 2 for the first time in a loooong time. I merely confirmed that what Uxot experienced i did experience too but in my case it was halfway mod related because i was using an outdated definition file and the game default values for manual clutch viscosity must not be 0.5 and 10.0. Or it was something else strange going on.

What i am getting at is, before i fixed it on my end, my truck wouldn't take off without accelerator nor would it roll forward in idle as it should.
But i still feel like the truck is underpowered in the moment going from stationary to normal operating speed for the gear. It's as if the clutch isn't really transferring the power to the drivetrain BUT the power is being drained out of the engine.
On extended hiatus.
Uxot

#60 Post by Uxot » 04 Jul 2016 03:43

JPS wrote:I guess no one looked but why is this?:

Code: Select all

56.uset g_pedal_clutch_range "0.29"
If this does what I think it does, it means you are using 1/3 of your pedal range, ...
Nah its always been like that for me in ETS2 and ATS its really since 1.22 that something changed..
Last edited by Cadde on 04 Jul 2016 08:13, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Mind your quoting, read the rules!

Return to “Bugs 1.3”