Truck stalling

Snoman

Re: Truck stalling

#41 Post by Snoman » 29 Jun 2016 23:25

The only things changed in the gear ratios were the Allison transmission differential, which was changed from 3.42 to 3.70 which would actually help the truck pull away from a stop, but you have an 18 speed, so thats not the issue.

In the physics file these lines were added in version 1.3

Code: Select all

manual_clutch_viscosity_factor:			0.5
	manual_clutch_connected_viscosity_factor:	10.0
	# torque converter strength
	torque_converter_viscosity_factor:		0.3
	torque_converter_locked_viscosity_factor:	10.0
You could try removing the manual clutch lines or adjusting the settings to see if it gets better. I know you tried setting "manual_clutch_viscosity_factor:" to 1 in an earlier post, but maybe try another setting.

Sometimes the config settings get wonky when you are changing,adding,removing mods. Try again from a clean profile if nothing else works. I had a similar issue with the steering on my xbox controller suddenly getting super sensitive and reinstalling the game with everything except my old config file fixed it.
Uxot

#42 Post by Uxot » 30 Jun 2016 00:12

I did try with a new profile..but first ill try the edited 18speed.sii then ill try what you suggested.
natvander
SCS Software

#43 Post by natvander » 30 Jun 2016 01:31

I just tried 18t with the PACCAR MX (500hp) in 2L and pulled away fine again (can post video if you like).

One thing that may make a difference (and I didn't think about it previously) is I'm using modded engine files with torque levels taken from the engine manufacturers, and my rear diff ratio is 3.42:1.

I'm using Kriechbaum's fantastic sound mods in conjunction with my engines.
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Uxot

#44 Post by Uxot » 30 Jun 2016 03:17

Well changing lines in 18speed.sii did nothing,also another thing i forgot is when i turn my wheel completely left or right with a trailer and trying to go forward on 1L/R the truck barely makes it...it seems to be related to a clutch change in 1.2 then..

(ill post my config etc soon)

Oh and post a vid if you like also tell me where you get that mod? because if it's a game issue i won't stay like this for sure,not enjoyable.
natvander
SCS Software

#45 Post by natvander » 30 Jun 2016 03:26

I just sent you a PM with a link to the engine and transmission mods. Please don't redistribute them as they are still being worked on.

Here's the 500hp
https://youtu.be/d0f9gCus9i8

And the 600hp from the previous video starting on a freeway on-ramp in 2L.
https://youtu.be/7h2yO-ujAs0

Just a quick thought - have you gone into Options/Controls and checked that your pedals have the full range of movement?
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Max
SCS Software

#46 Post by Max » 30 Jun 2016 08:43

Snoman wrote:You could try removing the manual clutch lines...
just note, removing does not help. without the explicit values the default ones are used and they are exactly these. you can change them to override defaults only.

previous version did not differentiated between manual and auto so values were 1.0 and 10.0 .
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
Snoman

#47 Post by Snoman » 30 Jun 2016 16:15

Thanks for clarifying Max. One question, why are there two lines for clutch values (clutch, manual clutch)? What decides which clutch value the game is going to use?

Uxot if all else fails try borrowing a different wheel/pedal setup, a controller or use the keyboard to see if its a hardware issue.
Max
SCS Software

#48 Post by Max » 30 Jun 2016 19:08

@snoman
if you have selected "h-shifter" and using clutch pedal manual clutch values are used. if you have anything else, the default ones are used. if you have torque converter transmission equipped and NOT selected h-shifter, torque converter values and logic is used.

@uxot
i have also one idea. if you have issue with stalling around idle rpm try to increase engine torque there. make mod and set, say, 0.6 to 0.7 instead of 0.5 on 440 rpm. did that help?
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
Uxot

#49 Post by Uxot » 30 Jun 2016 21:46

Config.cfg in ATS folder:http://pastebin.com/cqTeuPrD

Config.cfg in profile folder:http://pastebin.com/VhkHKTBe

controls.sii:http://pastebin.com/tn6rB8J5

Will check some stuff you guys said and ill post an update.

Thanks for the replies btw i hope we pinpoint the issue!
Cadde

#50 Post by Cadde » 02 Jul 2016 15:44

I played some ETS 2 today. Given, i was using an old mod for my clutch settings. But that is lacking the "manual" viscosity settings so they should be default.

Code: Select all

# clutch strength
	clutch_viscosity_factor:			1.0
	clutch_connected_viscosity_factor:		10.0  // <---- Changed, is now default since around 1.22
	# relative magnitude of flywheel inertia
	inertia_scaling_const:				1.0
	# transmission inertia relative to the flywheel
	transmission_rel_flywheel_inertia:		0.5
Well, i will have to do some further testing but i can confirm that the trucks feel much heavier on takeoff than they used to. As if there's no power until you pass the 1 m/s mark. After that everything behaves normally.
Funny thing is, it doesn't matter if you are taking off in 4th gear, 2nd gear or 1st gear. The only difference is how responsive it gets once it's moving. But that initial push is pure pain. Should be able to take off on idle riding the clutch but nope, not possible anymore.

But like i said, i will see what changes i can make in the physics data and/or torque curves to alleviate the issue. Ideally, I would be able to start a truck rolling in first gear on a flat surface without touching the accelerator. Which is impossible now.
On extended hiatus.

Return to “Bugs 1.3”