Route 89 signed as Arizona State Route 89 [28375]

urbantea64

Route 89 signed as Arizona State Route 89 [28375]

#1 Post by urbantea64 » 31 Jul 2016 08:22

While delivering cargo to Page, I noticed that the entire length of US 89, from Flagstaff to Page was signed off as Arizona State Route 89. Will this be fixed in the rescale?
Last edited by Loutis on 03 Aug 2016 07:12, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Attacments removed - breaking size limit [960x960]
Loutis

Re: Route 89 signed as Arizona State Route 89

#2 Post by Loutis » 02 Aug 2016 11:44

Coul you post the screenshot again please ?

Also I am not sure what you mean it is signed as
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arizona_State_Route_89

Which is okay in my guess, I would appreciate the screen of the particular instance where there is an objection.
Thanks ! :)
"I'm not trying to be anyone's savior. I'm just trying to think about the future and not be sad."
Elon Musk

Tesla & SpaceX fanboy. Carefully optimistic about Mars colonisation.
rocknrollDaVE
Beta tester

#3 Post by rocknrollDaVE » 03 Aug 2016 00:13

Loutis, you must be in the wrong dimension. that link you posted for AZ-89 is the road from Wickenburg, AZ to Ashfork, AZ on I-40. i dont believe this road is even in ATS.

however i do remember in the beta version of AZ right before its release i wrote up on the QA about how US-89 from Flagstaff to Page, yinz has it signed as AZ-89. i had this changed to the correct US-89 at the last second. the UI map reads US-89, check the road signs around and on this road for accuracy please

my original report QA- 0025805
I'm on a mission to ensure the city of Pittsburgh is accurately represented in ATS.
◇ Link to World of Trucks profile below ◇

[ external image ]
Loutis

#4 Post by Loutis » 03 Aug 2016 05:48

You are right Dave I should have elaborated further since it looks like I just jumped out of phase shift and went total bananas.
"hmm, I like bananas"

Anyway, the link was meant to illustrate the fact that our Arizona part of the US 89 is where it should be and has a sign that is shown on that Wiki page, we don't really have that actual road in game tho.
I wanted to say that in my eyes that is correct, if not please explain further so my small European brain can wrap around your massive infrastructure and we can correct it :D

"you sure surprised me for calling out my current dimension, no one noticed the whole day"
"it is D-brane at the moment"
"I'm not trying to be anyone's savior. I'm just trying to think about the future and not be sad."
Elon Musk

rocknrollDaVE
Beta tester

#5 Post by rocknrollDaVE » 03 Aug 2016 06:32

ok, ill start off with an easy explanation Mr.Scienceman Loutis. stretch your brain cells around this. SR stands for State Route and then a number. this can be applied to any state, however its much easier to keep track of the SR if you replace SR with the state abrevation, such as AZ, NV, CA followed by the number so AZ-89. the SR roads are funded mostly by the state themselves as main roads to get around the state. these roads loose their designation or change number at the state lines, as AZ-# will no longer be in AZ so it will mostlikely become CA-#

US, or United States highways is the oldest standard for the highway system in the USA (see US-66 for the famous example). these roads are funded by the USA and have better truck access then SR roads as a US is held to a slightly higher building code. they keep their number across state lines

Interstates or I-# are the big ones, no less then two lanes and a shoulder with some kind of divider down the middle, enter/exit ramps only, no at-grade interstections allowed, funded by the USA

now for what this report is talking about. US-89 was (as a bug) originally labled as AZ-89 by whoever made the map for AZ. i called this out and AZ-89 was corrected to US-89 on the world map.

what needs to be checked for along US-89 is that all the actual road signs display the US-89 shield, not the AZ-89 shield in the game world

[ external image ]
I'm on a mission to ensure the city of Pittsburgh is accurately represented in ATS.

[ external image ]
Loutis

#6 Post by Loutis » 03 Aug 2016 06:50

Sheesh I just got smarter (mhmhm I like that), kudos to you Dave !

So what you are trying to tell me and my brain is slowly getting is that AZ-89 is not the same as US-89 in Arizona but whole different road called US-89 and is maintained by federal government rather than the state of Arizona itself, do I get that correct ? Because if so we got it wrong on the road since there is this one instead of the one you posted.

[ external image ]

Also, Mr. Scienceman Loutis ? You just gave me new title right there !
Elon Musk

rocknrollDaVE
Beta tester

#7 Post by rocknrollDaVE » 03 Aug 2016 06:56

yes, you got it. US-89 from Flagstaff to Page is not the same as AZ-89.

[ external image ]
Loutis

#8 Post by Loutis » 03 Aug 2016 07:11

[ external image ]

thanks Dave for your explanation it was more then welcomed and well put, I shall squeeze someone here to fix it.

QA - [28375]
Elon Musk

Return to “Bugs 1.3”