Ferries disabling top-down camera

GamePro1337

Re: Ferries disabling top-down camera

#11 Post by GamePro1337 » 20 Dec 2016 11:58

Mira666 is right. As stated previously, after a ferry journey that starts with a ferry that must actually be driven into, the top-down camera frequently stops working until I quit the entire game.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#12 Post by Mohegan13 » 20 Dec 2016 12:08

I shall check. (I don't normally use camera 3 so not something I have ever really noticed)

Edit: once you're clear of the ferry, hit camera 2, camera 3 will then reset and work again.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
GamePro1337

#13 Post by GamePro1337 » 26 Feb 2017 10:43

UPDATE: Sorry to bump this thread, but with the 1.27 update for ETS2 and the 1.6 update for ATS on their way, I felt this was urgent enough to warrant bumping, as it still hasn't been fixed.

I've concluded that the bug occurs when you teleport from a place where you cannot use the top-down camera (e.g. inside a ferry boat) to one where you can (i.e. anywhere there's no low ceiling). As an example, take the ferry from Roscoff to Plymouth (not the other way around), and once you arrive in Plymouth, the top-down no longer works until you restart the game completely. Through the Quick Travel feature, I've found that this bug affects ATS as well. Try teleporting to one of your garages while you're in an area where you can't use the top-down view (e.g. in a tunnel or garage), and it should prevent you from using the top-down camera.

And doing Moh's trick doesn't work for me.

I could post a game log if necessary, but maybe it's just the fact that my computer is old.
Herdox

#14 Post by Herdox » 12 Mar 2017 11:00

I have the same problem.
I will describe it how the problem occurs. This problem come up randomly some time it shows up immiedietly or you must play a little bit longer.
The problem is on every ferry. After use of ferry when you want to back up with camera "3" it doesn't work.
The solution which was posted previously doesn't change anything. To fix the problem i need to quit the game.
Generaly, if you searching for this bug you need to be patient and play long.
phunni

#15 Post by phunni » 29 Oct 2017 18:08

I'm also experiencing this bug. It's really frustrating because, as others here have said, camera 3 is really useful for reversing.

Return to “Bugs 1.26”