Is This How We Gas Station?

bobgrey1997

Is This How We Gas Station?

#1 Post by bobgrey1997 » 22 Dec 2016 11:18

Notice anything here? (Other than the fact that the area is in a modded map, or that real logos are used in place of the standard fictional ones)
[ external image ]
To the left:
[ external image ]
The parking spaces where random prop vehicles spawn are too close to each other here. There is plenty of space along this edge of the parking lot, so perhaps one (or maybe both) node could be moved outward?
And to the right:
[ external image ]
I don't think this is how you wash a motorhome... Perhaps make a new "random vehicle prop spawn" node with larger vehicles removed, so that you don't have motorhomes in CAR washes or in EMPLOYEE ONLY (or delivery: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8fTQ ... 085UXplVW8) areas.

This "bug" is more entertaining than it is game breaking, but it is, nonetheless, a bug, so I thought I should at least post something about it. These gas stations are labeled with "nm" in their names, so I assume SCS is working on New Mexico (NM) next and that these prefabs are part of that, which means that they are not in the map yet. Pre-release is the best time to make changes, so why not bring one up before the release? If SCS can't fix this due to priorities being in other things, I get it. This is not an important issue at all. Also, while reading through all of the bugs and thinking "okay, we need to re-program the train crossings, fix these signs here, here, there, over there, and right here and here" and "this prefab is clipping that one, terrain is clipping here, routing is messed up here" etc., what harm can reading about a rather entertaining bug every once in while be?

Keep up the good work SCS. With the content provided in this game (and ETS2) and maybe some extra, user-created mods, this can provide endless hours of entertainment ranging from driving a random road back and forth, watching traffic at a specific intersection get grid locked, freak out and reverse then rear-end each other for about an hour, then calmly figure it out and drive away like nothing ever happened, to seeing a cop and immediately running straight at them and watching them fly away with a $500 ticket popping up and pulling into a gas station and seeing that two vans had a wreck, and someone is trying to pull into a carwash across the street with a motorhome that is over a foot taller than the door!
So many priceless moments in the games, whether with mods or not, or bug related or not...
Tiger313

Re: Is This How We Gas Station?

#2 Post by Tiger313 » 26 Dec 2016 20:54

You're supposed to try without mods before posting here. Mods mess up a whole lot more than you would think.
LeafeonGold

#3 Post by LeafeonGold » 26 Dec 2016 21:07

Well, considering the mod here is the map he's making, this post is mostly focusing on the WIP prefabs that are in the game already.
"Don't try extra hard to make your presence known, but make sure your absence is noticed."

Intel I7-4790K |//| EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW |//| 32GB RAM
Workshop |//| ATS Screens |//| ETS2 Screens
bobgrey1997

#4 Post by bobgrey1997 » 27 Dec 2016 16:13

I know mods can mess with many files, but I mainly posted this as a quick find that SCS may, or may not, already notice as well as a possible way to fix it. I did this because I know these are work in progress, which is the best time to point things out.
I also posted this as more-or-less entertainment from the stress of reading bug after bug after bug... It's about time one of them involves a little entertainment, don't you think?
heroictrucker

#6 Post by heroictrucker » 30 Dec 2016 21:22

In the first pic on top since

when does us 68 goes in calfornia

I'm assume this is a mod issue

Better have ur game and profile
bobgrey1997

#7 Post by bobgrey1997 » 23 Jun 2017 22:39

It is a custom map set on a 1:1 scale of a fictional area called Talson

Return to “Bugs 1.5”