AI traffic cars use the new truck-only lanes [NOT A BUG]

WarthogCC

AI traffic cars use the new truck-only lanes [NOT A BUG]

#1 Post by WarthogCC » 05 Feb 2017 02:22

Not sure if this is a bug or just something that is being worked on. But AI traffic cars (not just trucks) are driving in the new truck-only lanes.

Since these lanes are intended (as in reality as well) for trucks to have plenty of room when trying to go uphill very slowly, it particularly get annoying when AI traffic cars cut you off in there and then go slower than you. They shouldn't be going in there anyway, right?

(as usual, this was tested using my test-only profile with no other mods added)
Mohegan13
Global moderator

Re: AI traffic cars use the new truck-only lanes

#2 Post by Mohegan13 » 05 Feb 2017 09:33

Trucks are required to use the slow lanes, cars are only advised to use the main highway lanes.

There's no mandatory law preventing them from using slow lanes though.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
marcel-dutch

#3 Post by marcel-dutch » 06 Feb 2017 20:41

I don't use that lane.

If i'm right, it is for slow verhicles only. So slow personcars too.
Xaagon

#4 Post by Xaagon » 09 Feb 2017 05:05

This has been bugging me too. Not only the dedicated slow lanes, but the part of I-5 where the highway actually splits and the truck lane becomes a separate road. I just did a quick tour of the truck lanes via Google Street View and I didn't see any passenger cars in the truck lanes (though I assume the Google Maps car is not a big rig).

On a similar topic, but not related to ATS bugs, I have wondered what would happen to someone if they were to drive a passenger car into a weigh station. Would they be fined or just laughed at and told to get out?
San_Sany4

Re: AI traffic cars use the new truck-only lanes [NOT A BUG]

#5 Post by San_Sany4 » 09 Feb 2017 11:39

The problem here also the cars are crossing the solid line. AFAIK, it's forbidden to cross solid line in any direction.

[ external image ]

By the way, there is also another thread about this issue.
My World of Trucks profile. My Steam profile.
ETS2 since 1.4, ATS since 1.0. Vanilla player.
WarthogCC

#6 Post by WarthogCC » 11 Mar 2017 10:25

Thanks for all your comments. But if slow cars are allowed to use the lane as well, why do the signs say "Trucks only"?

http://www.dot.ca.gov/trafficops/trucks ... lanes.html

I read the 5th question down so I see that it is not a law. But wouldn't it be nice if the AI traffic at least tried to stay one lane over? I'm talking about ALL the cars. Again, no mods. Just default AI traffic. They all crowd the truck lanes when the other lanes are wide open.
Xaagon wrote:On a similar topic, but not related to ATS bugs, I have wondered what would happen to someone if they were to drive a passenger car into a weigh station. Would they be fined or just laughed at and told to get out?
I have a Jeep Cherokee with a 6' x 10' box trailer and was concerned that I overloaded it because of the way it was riding. I pulled into a weigh station in Florida (when it was open) and expressed my concern with the station operator. He was more than kind enough to let me weigh my little bug of a trailer. LOL
Bandit & The Snowman

#7 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 11 Mar 2017 12:12

Most car drivers in real life avoid the truck lane for a reason. Trucks in that lane can crawl uphill real slow (and downhill, to prevent it from getting too fast and out of control), and it's just dangerous because of the speed difference. So I would make it unlikely for AI cars to use that lane.
WarthogCC

#8 Post by WarthogCC » 25 Mar 2017 08:39

That is definitely the best way to describe my concern. I most definitely agree. ^^^

Return to “Bugs 1.5”