Advanced coupling problem @ Coastline Mining [NOT A BUG]

Thomson132

Advanced coupling problem @ Coastline Mining [NOT A BUG]

#1 Post by Thomson132 » 06 Mar 2017 10:56

There is a place where job trailers spawn and if you have advanced trailer coupling enabled you can't get your truck under the trailer to engage the trailer hitch. This is at Coastline Mining near Kayenta but I assume all Coastline Mining's are the same. If you enter a CM company you turn right after driving over the decorative scales, the road bends left and at your right you can follow a path to the highest reachable side road right at the back of the CM, that is where the trailer spawns and it points towards the front.

I haven't had any other trailer spawn there for me to try so I can't say if this was reproducible other than loading the game and taking the same job again. No mods installed. Cargo is sand with the dumper trailer.

Game version: 1.5.3s 64bit

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Screenshot with GPS on after coupling, I might have moved a meter forth or back here though.
[ external image ]
Last edited by Loutis on 17 Mar 2017 16:22, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: vandalised the title in order to put [NOT A BUG] into it.
Loutis

Re: Advanced trailer pickup problem at Coastline Mining.

#2 Post by Loutis » 17 Mar 2017 16:21

Actually I admit it was rather hard, but it is possible, you might have to use slightly violent approach but I managed to preserve both trailer and truck, inflicting no damage to neither of them. So I am afraid I have to say it is not a bug.

But it was harder than usual, I give you that ;) .
"I'm not trying to be anyone's savior. I'm just trying to think about the future and not be sad."
Elon Musk

Tesla & SpaceX fanboy. Carefully optimistic about Mars colonisation.
Thomson132

Re: Advanced trailer pickup problem at Coastline Mining.

#3 Post by Thomson132 » 17 Mar 2017 18:37

Loutis wrote:Actually I admit it was rather hard, but it is possible, you might have to use slightly violent approach but I managed to preserve both trailer and truck, inflicting no damage to neither of them. So I am afraid I have to say it is not a bug.

But it was harder than usual, I give you that ;) .
I managed to eventually get it by using the simple trailer coupling, let's hope I get more luck next time. Still thanks for checking it out.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

Re: Advanced coupling problem @ Coastline Mining [NOT A BUG]

#4 Post by Mohegan13 » 17 Mar 2017 20:49

Put a small pile of potatoes near the kingpin, that way as the back wheels roll over them it lifts the 5th wheel slightly. :D
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.

Return to “Bugs 1.5”