Air Pressure Build Loss and Build Up [NOT A BUG]

GT182

Air Pressure Build Loss and Build Up [NOT A BUG]

#1 Post by GT182 » 21 Jun 2017 01:32

Every time I deliver a load and use the brakes only a couple of times I lose all of my air pressure and have to sit an let it build up in order to move again. And it takes forever... as in 15 to 20 minutes sometimes. I'm using simple automatic for my 13 speed transmission seeing I don't have anything for a shift lever. Just using my keyboard and mouse. I have Neutral selected in the key strokes to shift to neutral but it never does. Even a real life automatic in the big rigs has a neutral. If there was a neutral in game for simple automatic, then I could rev the engine and build up air pressure fairly fast. Can SCS fix this please?

In real life the only way of losing air pressure happens is one of 2 ways. You pump the brakes real fast to bleed off your air for your daily vehicle safety check. The second is if you have an air leak. Just hitting the brakes a couple of times won't bleed off all of you air.
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
Smarty
Beta tester

Re: Air Pressure Build Loss and Build Up

#2 Post by Smarty » 21 Jun 2017 03:36

In general, you should have air brake simulation off if you are playing with a keyboard, seeing as there is no way for you to accurately control your brake applications.
Blackspots

#3 Post by Blackspots » 21 Jun 2017 04:36

Why not put it in "real automatic"? It'll make your life so much easier. Tap the W to go into A1+, then tap S to go into neutral. Tap S again to go into reverse. To get back into forward gears from reverse, tap W twice. (W is still the brake, BTW)
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico
morrelo
SCS Software

Re: Air Pressure Build Loss and Build Up [NOT A BUG]

#4 Post by morrelo » 21 Jun 2017 09:14

Air brake simulation is not intended to be used with simple automatic transmition, as others said, if you want to use it, you should change to real automatic or manual.
T&T, STDS, ETS2 and ATS senior tester/translator.
[ external image ]
GT182

#5 Post by GT182 » 21 Jun 2017 10:22

Will switch. Thanks guys.

BTW... is there an instruction PDF somewhere for ATS? The only one I found is for adding radio stations.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
morrelo
SCS Software

#6 Post by morrelo » 21 Jun 2017 10:30

There is one on Steam, but it's only the basics.
T&T, STDS, ETS2 and ATS senior tester/translator.
[ external image ]
GT182

#7 Post by GT182 » 22 Jun 2017 16:20

My thanks Morrelo. And you're right, it isn't much at all. Tho I did save it. I miss the days whey you got a real instruction manual when you bought a simulation or game. Even some earlier on had very good pdfs. Not so much it seems for sims and games these days.
GT182

#8 Post by GT182 » 22 Jun 2017 16:25

ShirBlackspots wrote: 21 Jun 2017 04:36 Why not put it in "real automatic"? It'll make your life so much easier. Tap the W to go into A1+, then tap S to go into neutral. Tap S again to go into reverse. To get back into forward gears from reverse, tap W twice. (W is still the brake, BTW)
Ok,I will try this setup asap. Thanks.
Now this is where a really good instruction manual would be a big help.

What to use if W is set for the throttle with the simple automatic transmission? Just select a key?
Blackspots

#9 Post by Blackspots » 22 Jun 2017 18:54

GT182 wrote: 22 Jun 2017 16:25
ShirBlackspots wrote: 21 Jun 2017 04:36 Why not put it in "real automatic"? It'll make your life so much easier. Tap the W to go into A1+, then tap S to go into neutral. Tap S again to go into reverse. To get back into forward gears from reverse, tap W twice. (W is still the brake, BTW)
Ok,I will try this setup asap. Thanks.
Now this is where a really good instruction manual would be a big help.

What to use if W is set for the throttle with the simple automatic transmission? Just select a key?
Well, simple auto, W is drive. S is reverse and brake.
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico
BK Vissers

#10 Post by BK Vissers » 22 Jun 2017 19:06

I use a mouse to steer and keyboard to control everything else. I switched to Real Automatic. It lets you use Neutral, reverse And forward gears if you assign hot keys for it.

So for me,

W = gas
S = Brake

+ = increase gear by 1
- = decrease gear by 1
0 = set to neutral no matter the gear

\ = switch from automatic to sequential and back

So S is ONLY brakes. If I want to go in Reverse, I hit 0 to go to neutral, then - to switch to R, press W to give gas. To stop I hit S. hitting s will only apply brakes, never reverse. That's the point of Real Auto over Simple Auto

Return to “Bugs 1.6”