Missing Air Hoses on All Trucks In-game [KNOWN]

GT182

Missing Air Hoses on All Trucks In-game [KNOWN]

#1 Post by GT182 » 29 Jun 2017 19:10

I've noticed that when hooking up for any Freight Job or when you've Hired out to drive someone's truck in ATS that there are no air hoses hooked to any trailers. Probably not a bug but just an slight omission. Is there a mod to fix this, or an update from SCS. It looks funny, and noticeable, only because when you purchase a new truck they are there behind the cab or bunk. But once you're doing a job they are not there.

Anyone else seen this or is it just my ATS sim?
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
IonutL

Re: Missing Air Hoses on All Trucks In-game

#2 Post by IonutL » 30 Jun 2017 09:01

Game engine capabilities, the cost of making such feature which outweighs the benefits and the performance impact on users computers were and still are strong deterrents for SCS to make the air hoses link to the trailers.
Who knows what the future will bring, after doubles, steerable axles and more pivot points.
GT182

Re: Missing Air Hoses on All Trucks In-game [KNOWN]

#3 Post by GT182 » 30 Jun 2017 17:15

Thanks for the reply IonutL I figured someone would know but I wasn't sure and couldn't find anything on it. I now understand the reason they're missing.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
GT182

#4 Post by GT182 » 29 Oct 2017 17:10

Is this going to be fixed in 1.29? If the new additions, seen as spoilers for 1.29 are included, it seems they'd have more effect on frame rates game engine performance than the glad hands would. It just looks so lame without them hooked up.

In real life I watched a guy try and move a loaded trailer without the glad hands hooked up and he just about tore the clutch and transmission out of the truck. Needles to say the company didn't keep him for very long. At least I got to move up in seniority one spot. LOL
Wolfi
Beta tester

#5 Post by Wolfi » 29 Oct 2017 17:13

No this has not been "fixed", since it's not a bug. Right now it's still the game engine limitation.
The smallest details always make the biggest difference.
xXCARL1992Xx

#6 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 29 Oct 2017 17:18

GT182 wrote: 29 Oct 2017 17:10 Is this going to be fixed in 1.29? If the new additions, seen as spoilers for 1.29 are included, it seems they'd have more effect on frame rates game engine performance than the glad hands would. It just looks so lame without them hooked up.

In real life I watched a guy try and move a loaded trailer without the glad hands hooked up and he just about tore the clutch and transmission out of the truck. Needles to say the company didn't keep him for very long. At least I got to move up in seniority one spot. LOL
äh no

the air hoses would have more impact on performance then the spoilers would have because of physics
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]

Return to “Bugs 1.6”