Volvo FH 2012 steering wheel misalignment [37844]

Carthoo

Re: Volvo FH 2012 steering wheel misalignment [37844]

#41 Post by Carthoo » 24 Jul 2017 11:41

It is registered and adressed to responsible guys. It isnt gamebreaking bug tho. Thank you all for your reactions.
Fluent in a few languages, sarcasm and irony included. /truth on - currently overloaded, sorry for not answering your PMs - will do so once I got some time

"I can confirm by denial. What's your superpower?"
Reef

#42 Post by Reef » 24 Jul 2017 12:38

I suppose what the Devs see as 'non game breaking', certain players consider as 'Immersion breaking' and they consider that to be pretty much the same thing as 'game breaking'

In a lot of ways I kind of agree, I suppose that's the problem when you attach the word 'Simulator' to your product.
Shurpecks

#43 Post by Shurpecks » 24 Jul 2017 13:53

metpei wrote: 24 Jul 2017 05:12 Same to me, if SCS decide do make 3rd joint I'd thank you for it. ;)
I don't want 3rd joint, i'd like to see on Volvo this:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_fhA ... GpyQWpNbHM

Not this: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_fhA ... 3VYZHRZNkk
Cadde

#44 Post by Cadde » 25 Jul 2017 09:56

As Wolfi said earlier in the thread (and since he's a well versed modeler i am inclined to believe him) it's not a matter of just changing a locator in the cockpit. It's a matter of re-working the whole model to make it look right.
Modders can do this easily because they don't have to send their work through quality assurance and the whole spiel. In fact, i would assume that any major (modeling included) changes to the cockpit or truck model also has to go through Volvo's licensing and trademark division for SCS to keep it's allowance to use their brand in game.

Thus, comparing say RTA mods with SCS software is ridiculous on so many levels. And that is LONG before you consider the fact that SCS are working on the WHOLE GAME at the same time. Not just a single truck model. They have schedules to keep. Those schedules have been set months in advance and you don't just change the schedule because some player happened over a model misalignment in a truck cabin.
Bugfixes that aren't just a simple "oops i put and A instead of a B there" can take months to fix. And some will simply never see a fix no matter how much you stomp your feet about it.

It's the same with double trailers that are finally reaching the game after having been requested since the release of ETS 2. "It's just a simple physics joint", yet it took just about 4 (FOUR) YEARS to get that into the game. Despite the functionality existing in earlier titles.
It's all about priorities.
If you don't like it then don't buy the game. Why don't you buy some other abandonware that hasn't seen an update since it's release instead? ETS 2/ATS are very rare in the way that they are STILL receiving updates where most others just sit on the shelves waiting to be turned into dust. And the updates are FREE on top of that!

Please send me a list of retail games that still receive free updates 4 years after their release?
On extended hiatus.

Return to “Bugs 1.27”