Map Editor Mouse Corelation

bobgrey1997

Map Editor Mouse Corelation

#1 Post by bobgrey1997 » 06 Sep 2017 02:54

I opened my map editor today, selected a few stretches of road and changed the terrain around them, then confirmed it. I then tried to select some prefabs to do the same, but then my mouse would go off sync.
Here is an image of what I mean:
[ external image ]
Notice that the mouse pointer is up and to the right of the node that is highlighted...
This means that the game does not actually realize where my mouse is. I know it is the game as all other buttons and things work including other programs, my task bar, and the tool bar in the editor...
For some reason, I cannot link my log file as the attachments section here is simply not responsive for me...

Oddly enough, when I went back to the editor window the mouse was correlated correctly. Anyone know what this issue is, what may cause it, and how to possibly fix it? Or, is it just a random little bug that kinda happens randomly and fixes itself?
bobgrey1997

Re: Map Editor Mouse Corelation

#2 Post by bobgrey1997 » 06 Sep 2017 06:20

I am assuming no one has ever seen this before? It is starting to happen again...
RootlessAgrarian

#3 Post by RootlessAgrarian » 05 Jan 2018 20:57

I have seen this happen but I think it is more to do with Parallels VM mouse management than with the editor, since it occasionally happens outside the editor on the desktop.

If you are running WinDoze in a VM that might be the issue, that is my only (tentatively offered) suggestion.
Level 42 and rising... i7 8700K -- AMD Radeon 5700XT -- ASUS MAXIMUS XI HERO - WIN10
NoCabView minimod
Euro Bike Simulator
The Beginner's Guide To SCS Mapping (WIP)
bobgrey1997

#4 Post by bobgrey1997 » 05 Jan 2018 23:06

What is "WinDoze" and "VM"?
Upon hearing it, I immediately think of Linux OS, so I assume it is a Windows ported to Linux PCs.
I am running Windows 10 Home, which my PC came factory with.
I haven't had the issue for a long while, but I didn't do anything to fix it. It fixed itself. I didn't want to close this thread in case anyone finds a definite "fix" and others have this issue.
RootlessAgrarian

#5 Post by RootlessAgrarian » 05 Jan 2018 23:30

Hi, "WinDoze" is a somewhat mocking nickname for Windows, and I'm running Windows inside a Parallels Virtual Machine (VM) on an OSX host.

Glad your problem self-fixed...
Level 42 and rising... i7 8700K -- AMD Radeon 5700XT -- ASUS MAXIMUS XI HERO - WIN10
NoCabView minimod
Euro Bike Simulator
The Beginner's Guide To SCS Mapping (WIP)

Return to “Bugs 1.28”