It's not a bug, just suspension work from SCS [KNOWN]

Sadoshenko

It's not a bug, just suspension work from SCS [KNOWN]

#1 Post by Sadoshenko » 29 Jul 2017 13:11

Please look at this video point, 5.53 - 5.58. We are talking about the suspension in the rotation and roll of the chassis.
https://youtu.be/HouN1XyWSFs
Will add screenshots with the point of the video:
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Now what happens to suspension in version 1.28:
[ external image ]
In version 1.27 the situation with the roll of the chassis was more tolerant, though very far from normal. In version 1.28 the situation was simply catastrophic.

Sorry SCS, but I have the impression that you just laugh at people for whom is important the behavior of the truck.
Really, for you normal work truck suspension is not a feasible task?
Nickname in the multiplayer: Bohemian Rhapsody
Iveco S-Way is there any hope?
Reef

Re: It's not a bug, just suspension work from SCS

#2 Post by Reef » 29 Jul 2017 13:38

Sadoshenko wrote: 29 Jul 2017 13:11
Sorry SCS, but I have the impression that you just laugh at people for whom is important the behavior of the truck.
[sarcasm]You're absolutely right, in fact you should submit your improved flawless code to them to completely humiliate them and to show them how silly they are, hopefully your fix will make the next major update.. GG![/sarcasm]

Note:
[sarcasm] tags added as I have been told that some people don't get when I'm being serious or sarcastic ;)
Sadoshenko

#3 Post by Sadoshenko » 29 Jul 2017 14:09

I have no purpose to humiliate SCS. On the contrary I am a big fan of their creations. I love trucks. I have almost 2000 hours spent in ETS2 and ATS. I have a full collection of DLC for both games.
However, the word simulator has for me a lot of sense. And especially with regards to physical models. And in my opinion for truck simulator the quality of the physical model one of the primary question.
Moreover, in the core of the gameplay ETS2 and ATS, it is the process of managing a truck. That's the first thing you appreciate running a truck simulator.

[sarcasm] - very sad, is how you decided to approach this important issue. And for some reason it is not sarcasm when the truck behaves on the road, like iron on an ironing board. If so then SCS will work with the physics of the truck, I would prefer to put games SCS on the shelf.
Reef

#4 Post by Reef » 29 Jul 2017 16:54

Sadoshenko wrote: 29 Jul 2017 14:09 [sarcasm] - very sad, is how you decided to approach this important issue. And for some reason it is not sarcasm when the truck behaves on the road, like iron on an ironing board. If so then SCS will work with the physics of the truck, I would prefer to put games SCS on the shelf.
Hmm, it seems you completely missed my point.

I will try and (hopefully) make it easier for you to understand..
Sadoshenko wrote: 29 Jul 2017 13:11 Sorry SCS, but I have the impression that you just laugh at people for whom is important the behavior of the truck.
^ That is being quite rude and assuming of SCS that they do not care and in fact mock players of their game, it's also dismissive of the daily hard work they put into trying to make a computer program somewhat simulate real life whilst still holding an interest to other types of more casual and inexperienced players, and not to mention that the majority if not all of the tweaks and additional realistic elements have been added for free. Are they going to get every value and calculation exactly perfectly right? No of course not, that'd be silly and naive to think wouldn't it, is a post like yours going to help them achieve that perfection? Nope.

Reef wrote: 29 Jul 2017 13:38 [sarcasm]You're absolutely right, in fact you should submit your improved flawless code to them to completely humiliate them and to show them how silly they are, hopefully your fix will make the next major update.. GG![/sarcasm]
^ That is me returning the favour and being rude (sarcastic) to you, all in a vague attempt of making a point which you completely missed, so, sorry about that..

Maybe think a little about your wording next time, re-read the part I quoted and tell me that that doesn't sound rude, that's all I'm saying.
Sadoshenko

#5 Post by Sadoshenko » 29 Jul 2017 18:11

Yes I admit that those last words are rude and incorrect. These are the words of resentment and frustration. I am willing to apologize for them, but I will not delete them shamefully. However your idea is also interesting. I had to say. SCS you have worked so hard over the suspension of the truck. So that it does not work correctly I will accept with much gratitude. We clearly see that the suspension works not correctly. SCS is also well understood and still give us this update(suspension). Than guided by SCS? For us and this suspension will go? I am sure that no even the correct wording for SCS, will not cause them to take more seriously the physical model of the truck.
P.S Yes, this nightmare with the suspension exactly the same applies to ATS!
P.S.S In justification for his crazy say, I'm at least two years patiently waiting for positive developments in the physics of the truck(and most importantly suspension). But with the advent of patch 1.28 my patience unfortunately is over.
Last edited by Sadoshenko on 29 Jul 2017 22:00, edited 1 time in total.
Artur25

#6 Post by Artur25 » 29 Jul 2017 21:53

Hello! Really the suspender became more rigid and doesn't display those roughnesses, differences and inclinations of a road surface. If to come around on a border one wheel, then all truck will bend.
Also changed physics of tires. At the same parameters of friction of tires of distinction are essential.
Sadoshenko

#7 Post by Sadoshenko » 30 Jul 2017 00:27

Can't calm down, how was possible to kill work the suspension? :?
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
That and look will fall off in the turning cabin, the suspension is a stake!
I need uncontrollably a crying smiley!
Max
SCS Software

Re: It's not a bug, just suspension work from SCS [KNOWN]

#8 Post by Max » 30 Jul 2017 08:27

two things:
every single player has different opinion about anything. we are trying to check anything we implement with reality (this means ask some driver(s) we believe or check ourselves if we get to truck and the issue is not to damage the truck). but we can't change thing just because someone tells us it should be different. we have to check and evaluate what it source of issue they have and then try to solve that. suspension are tough one so it takes some time.

that brings me to second point. although we have quite bunch of programmers only very limited amount of them can do the physics, and there are other things to solve apart of suspension. currently this was (and still is partially) issue of stability and inertia of multi-trailer vehicles. its even quite possible that we touched suspension in inappropriate way when tweaking doubles (i mean changed something that affected suspension behavior indirectly). its still harder to proper test everything. but we are making notes and revise them.

long story short: suspension is thing that has issues always, so thanks for opinions .. ;)
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
Sadoshenko

#9 Post by Sadoshenko » 30 Jul 2017 09:04

I am very grateful for your explanation with regards to the question topic!
I understand that the adjustment of the suspension of the truck to suit different chassis and cargo is a laborious process and requires great analytical work.
Thank you for your attention to my opinion, which I expressed not absolutely correctly, I apologize.
Nevertheless, it is important to note that the behavior of the truck is of great importance for the older age group of users of the simulator. And largely determines their interest in the ETS2/ATS. The wonderful thing is that the work SCS do not lose popularity, and from it we expect still very much.
I want to wish the team SCS good luck in the current and upcoming work.
With impatience, but more restrained, I'll hope for the successful solution of the problem with the suspension of the truck.
Thank you! With sincere respect!
P.S
The beauty of it is(the roll of the chassis)! I will not lose hope to see it on the default option of physics.
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Sadoshenko

#10 Post by Sadoshenko » 18 Aug 2018 13:12

What has changed in the transverse work of the suspension after patch 1.28? You are right, nothing, still no side roll. We are waiting for at least four more patches.)) Although the realistic work of the truck suspension apparently completely contradicts the concept of SCS.))
[ external image ]

Return to “Bugs 1.28”