Help with map editor

SolarGreen

Help with map editor

#1 Post by SolarGreen » 01 Dec 2014 15:04

Hello, I've been trying many times, but I've failed so far. What should I do to save the modifications I've done for the main map and to play with these changes in any route available I want? These are simple changes, like a location of the bus stop, some new ones, some objects removed, etc.

I suspect I'm asking quite a stupid question, but I've lost my patience to it and want anyone to help me :P
florence3099
Global moderator

Re: Help with map editor

#2 Post by florence3099 » 01 Dec 2014 15:15

in same directory as game files (base.scs etc) create directory base\map. Then you can save it. You will need to add the map folder back into the base.scs in order to continue working on it, as Bus Driver stupidly doesn't have a mod folder.
SolarGreen

#3 Post by SolarGreen » 26 Dec 2014 13:24

Hello again.

Thanks for the tip, however it didn't help me much :( I created this folder, then when I entered the proper code (edit bus1) a save screen was shown. I saved a file (with MBD), then I made some modifications, clicked on 'save map', then 'quit' (a question was shown if I wanted to save the current map - I chose 'yes') and when I turned the game on, there were no changes in the map. There were no files in the proper directory created. I have no idea what to do.
Scaniabebe

#4 Post by Scaniabebe » 27 Dec 2014 10:05

Did you create the dictionary in this way: Folder called "base", inside there - a folder called "map"?

A quick tip for you though, backup your base.scs to another location on your computer so if you corrupt the file, you can just replace with the backup!
Also, did you ensure that you packed the .scs file correctly? As it must use a .ZIP Format (but change the title in the archive name to .scs) in a Store Compression Format.
Flickr | YouTube | My WOT Profile
10 Years in the TruckSim Community...
plykkegaard

#5 Post by plykkegaard » 27 Dec 2014 10:43

The editor loads the map from your scs package in your mod folder but writes to <game>\base\map
Everytime you closes the editor you need to repackage the saved files in your scs package and copy it to the mod folder
It's a iterative cyclus you need to do over and over again

a) edit map
b) pack files
c) copy to mod folder
d) start from a

Also run map should only be called with a fresh package as all edits will be lost otherwise

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
SolarGreen

#6 Post by SolarGreen » 27 Dec 2014 14:57

I am not able to save the map - the .mbd file just disappears or the game crashes. The "history.sii" file shows up every time though - what is it?

I assume I've been doing something wrong from the very beginning. Could you please tell me, step by step, how do I edit a map considering I want to use it later in the game on every default route available?
OFFICIAL

#7 Post by OFFICIAL » 31 Jan 2016 03:38

what tool/program do you use to edit the MBD files?
SimulatorSam

#8 Post by SimulatorSam » 31 Jan 2016 08:05

To edit *.mbd files just open the game that map file is for, and in the console put: 'edit MAPNAME' ;)

Return to “Bus Driver”