Why did Bus Driver modding never become popular?

Mainline421

Why did Bus Driver modding never become popular?

#1 Post by Mainline421 » 20 Dec 2012 15:41

Why did Bus Driver modding never become popular? It is one of the easiest games I have ever modified both routes and maps but I can only find 3 mods on the net!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZKQguaBsfE
Francr2009

Re: Why did Bus Driver modding never become popular?

#2 Post by Francr2009 » 20 Dec 2012 20:24

Its an ol game now, I have to say its still pretty nice but scs have not talk about it since then.
Scaniabebe

#3 Post by Scaniabebe » 20 Dec 2012 21:04

As SCS Software were known for their TruckSim Games, and not their BusSim Games, it wasn't extremely popular...
Also, I personally don't think the game was SCS's best game they made...
Flickr | YouTube | My WOT Profile
10 Years in the TruckSim Community...
makemake

#4 Post by makemake » 20 Dec 2012 23:22

Thousand of people, thousand of tastes. :) For me, Bus Driver was one of best SCS's games.

I don't know the reason, but probably it was really not so known game. As first SCS's independent project ever, it didn't had much advertisement. And for bus fans, it was maybe too much arcade; I remember in those times there were projects like VBus and some others and they were pretty popular in hardcore community.

Oh those times when SCS games always came with a little bit of humour (those prison missions were hilarious)... I'm not saying ETS2 is boring, but the atmosphere of Pedal to the Metal or Bus Driver was so special.
CDMC

#5 Post by CDMC » 20 Dec 2012 23:33

Bus Driver wasn't that popular. Remember PTTM? There where new mods coming out every day.
Scaniabebe

#6 Post by Scaniabebe » 20 Dec 2012 23:35

CDMC wrote:Bus Driver wasn't that popular. Remember PTTM? There where new mods coming out every day.
Yes, and half of them where Hacked/Stolen models...
We're still coming across new ones everyday, for PTTM...
Flickr | YouTube | My WOT Profile
10 Years in the TruckSim Community...
CDMC

#7 Post by CDMC » 20 Dec 2012 23:41

Scaniabebe wrote:
CDMC wrote:Bus Driver wasn't that popular. Remember PTTM? There where new mods coming out every day.
Yes, and half of them where Hacked/Stolen models...
We're still coming across new ones everyday, for PTTM...
PTTM is a legend! Probably my favorite of all SCS games ever. Imagine PTTM with ETS2 graphics...
serkie

#8 Post by serkie » 25 Dec 2012 15:40

Bus driver is very first coach driving game which took acceptable interest and the game was kinda revoltion in simulation world but there were pretty much case that's been critised over the gamers and modders. With the other simulations comig out later, everybody lost their interests on this game as they were better and more realistic. Truck driving games were much realistic on gameplay which was developped on each episode - up to ETS 2.

I personally enjoyed with the bus simulating mod of Haulin with different maps which was made by modders, and they were much entertaining than bus driver.

I think that's the reason...Well, simply. :)
"Follow that car, Godzilla - and step on it !"
florence3099
Global moderator

#9 Post by florence3099 » 30 Dec 2012 16:36

Maybe its because SCS forgot to put a mod folder, whereas every truck game has one. Therefore you need to hack the base.scs, and therefore some ETS/UKTS/GTS/ETS2 players didn't bother because of what happens to those games when you hack the base.scs file. Personally the biggest mistake was it not being left hand driving/right hand steering, as in UK, Hong Kong, Singapore, especially as that is where most Midtown Madness 2 bus groups are based, and where there is a large fanbase.
Mainline421

#10 Post by Mainline421 » 01 Jan 2013 18:25

joe_alker wrote:Maybe its because SCS forgot to put a mod folder, whereas every truck game has one. Therefore you need to hack the base.scs, and therefore some ETS/UKTS/GTS/ETS2 players didn't bother because of what happens to those games when you hack the base.scs file. Personally the biggest mistake was it not being left hand driving/right hand steering, as in UK, Hong Kong, Singapore, especially as that is where most Midtown Madness 2 bus groups are based, and where there is a large fanbase.
Agreed a UK Bus simulator is really needed.

Return to “Bus Driver”