Undiscovered pieces playing hide and seek

Vinnie Terranova

Undiscovered pieces playing hide and seek

#1 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 08 Mar 2018 09:38

While trying to get a 100% map coverage I noticed something strange: some undiscovered pieces are only shown on the map while zooming or moving the map to a certain position.

For instance Gallup. In Gallup there is a repair shop with an undiscovered piece (according to the map) but in the advisor that same undiscovered piece is not visible. See the two screenshots below:
ats_00035.png
ats_00036.jpg
The same happens in Farmington at the gas station. Compare the two screenshots below. In the first screenshot the undiscovered piece in Farmington is visible and not in Gallup, and in the second screenshot the undiscovered piece is visible in Gallup and not in Farmington. Although the map is in the same zooming level...
ats_00052.png
ats_00053.png
So, those undiscovered pieces are sometimes visible on the map and sometimes not. But they are never visible in the advisor, whatever zooming level I use.
Vinnie Terranova

Re: Undiscovered pieces playing hide and seek

#2 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 08 Mar 2018 09:42

In Socorro (repair shop) and Roswell (repair shop) the same happens. See the three screenshots below. When you compare the first two of these screenshots you'll notice that some other undiscovered pieces are also sometimes visible and sometimes not visible: between San Simon and Las Cruces, in Alamogordo, between Socorro and Roswell and in Tucumcari. However, those undiscovered pieces are always visible when the map is zoomed in, and also visible in the advisor. But the undiscovered pieces in Socorro and in Roswell are never visible in the advisor, whatever zooming level I use: see third screenshot which is taken at the repair shop in Roswell.
ats_00050.png
ats_00051.png
ats_00055.jpg
room217au

#3 Post by room217au » 08 Mar 2018 12:44

I don't think it's a bug because this also happens in ETS2.
It might have something to do with map resolution, but I've seen this in Undiscovered Road Finder (an old one) since its release.
If you suck at playing the trumpet, that's probably why.
MrBartek
Beta tester

#4 Post by MrBartek » 19 Sep 2018 08:35

Thanks for your report, this issue has already been fixed. ;)

Return to “Bugs 1.30”