Micro stutters, pauses and freezes during game play [FIXED]

Tirol

Re: Micro stutters, pauses and freezes during game play

#41 Post by Tirol » 03 Sep 2018 06:31

Space_Night wrote: 02 Sep 2018 23:54 Could that be the issue, as I have NEVER had map mods, and with beyond Baltic coming, something has been put in ready and that simple prep change is causing the problem. The computer is looking for something that isn't there, KALININGRAD (?)
This is not the cause of the micro stutters.
Max
SCS Software

Re: Micro stutters, pauses and freezes during game play

#42 Post by Max » 04 Sep 2018 10:11

kalinigrad warning is correct .. kinda .. ;)
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
theclumsygeek

Re: Micro stutters, pauses and freezes during game play [FIXED]

#43 Post by theclumsygeek » 04 Sep 2018 10:19

Oooh FIXED? Does that mean I can re-hire my drivers again? Lol.

Also, on the topic of micro stutters. I've been having these for the longest time whenever the game autosaves, and we recently found out that TrucksBook actually sets g_save_format to 2 whenever the app is opened. This causes that stutter compared to the default value of 0.

So the workaround of getting rid of all my drivers + making sure save format is 0 = stutter-free gameplay (mostly) 👍

This unfortunately has a side effect of being all lonely in-game (lol) and not using trucksbook at all in the meantime.
pero

#44 Post by pero » 04 Sep 2018 11:06

Yep, I have found out a few updates ago the save format does make a big difference. Value "2" just makes the game stuttering a lot with saving the game.

I`ve started using Snipers SII Decrpyt tool, which I found really handy when I am using TEDIT (like most tools it requires save format set to "2"), but after decrypting the save with the Snipers tools, TEDIT can read the save game without an issue.
I would suggest to people to avoid the "save format 2" option.

On-topic: it`s great to see this was marked fixed, looking forward to the next beta version
cip

Re: Micropauses during play

#45 Post by cip » 04 Sep 2018 12:24

DLM3 wrote: 31 Aug 2018 10:26 I have ran my tests with 1348 public trailers, checking how the game run over 40 minutes for each test, I have been even more precise, with a Word doc opened on my laptop next to me, hitting a random character each time it was stuttering (you can see how many characters in the doc) and using a stopwatch on my mobile to time everything
This is what my CPU usage looked like when my game has been freezing for 90s when requesting to sleep:
My expirements keep showing that if the amount of owned trailers has little impact on the other hand the amount of drivers is really causing issues.
this is real testing, congratulations for your post and for your experiment, scs should pay attention to these kind of tests during beta and come up with a comment, a recommendation, a possible fix, whatever!
I have a ProMods advanced profile with lots of garages and maybe 100 drivers. I don't feel any performance impact comparing with a light ProMods profile with no drivers at all .so if in 1.32 there is a difference drivers/no drivers it must be a problem, very difficult to present because in a "virgin" profile you need to play a lot of months to get enough money to make a 100 trucks fleet, garages for them and hire the drivers :lol: :lol: :lol:
Enjoy driving with my Real Traffic Density for ETS2 and ATS
Enjoy listening my Real Ai Traffic FMOD Sounds for ETS2 and ATS
I have quit SCS forum...
Space_Night

#46 Post by Space_Night » 04 Sep 2018 22:09

so, speculation aside, what WAS the cause?
Tirol

#47 Post by Tirol » 05 Sep 2018 06:23

Space_Night wrote: 04 Sep 2018 22:09 so, speculation aside, what WAS the cause?
That would interest me as an affected person as well.
Max wrote: 04 Sep 2018 10:11 kalinigrad warning is correct .. kinda .. ;)
These warnings of missing cities already existed at the Italian DLC. With the purchase of the DLC the warnings disappeared.
Max
SCS Software

#48 Post by Max » 06 Sep 2018 06:08

core of the cause was not-so-smart country data fetching. and hired drivers look for country a lot. so it mostly showed in economy simulation with many drivers (in fast forward week with 35 drivers like 60% of time was just country searching). we added some caching which sped the eco simulation greatly (and caused yesterday crashes when cache was not cached properly :oops:).

warnings about cities are caused by defined part or whole city in map (eg base sector) but the game data for city are in dlc (as we want the city alive with given dlc only). we could disable the message, but we thought that moders who are making maps would like to know when they screwed city areas. so its kind of teaser in game now .. :)

wow, i'm in talkative mood ...
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
Space_Night

#49 Post by Space_Night » 06 Sep 2018 09:35

So was that also the cause for hanging on depothe quick travels?
DLM3

#50 Post by DLM3 » 06 Sep 2018 17:00

I can't say that I have been soft with the last build... I used my save with 272 drivers and 598 trailers straight ahead (I mean if the game handles that amount, no need to worry for anything below) and I haven't experienced any stutter. No more freezes when sleeping either, time advances with no delay.

It definitely did the trick as far as I am concerned, so good job! ;)

Space_Night wrote: 06 Sep 2018 09:35 So was that also the cause for hanging on depothe quick travels?
Most likely the same reason for stuttering. Too many calculation to handle at once since your drivers are driving (!) during the hours that you are quick travelling.

Return to “Bugs 1.32”