Accident - Lane Closed Random Event

danbywinby

Accident - Lane Closed Random Event

#1 Post by danbywinby » 26 Aug 2018 17:59

[ external image ]

As you can see from my screenshot above the accident - lane closed random event you only get a couple of cones as a warning that a lane is closed.

I am not sure how this works in other countries so if anybody can reply with details on how it works in their country then that will be great.

But at least in the UK as you can see from my below example images you will get a load of cones along with a 'Police Accident' sign and a police or highways officer car behind the cones as an extra warning. Also the cones you will not notice until you are right in front of them where as the police or highways officer car you will notice from further back because you will see the flashing lights.

https://cdn1.autoexpress.co.uk/sites/au ... 2hpj_0.jpg
https://i2-prod.devonlive.com/incoming/ ... -of-M5.jpg
http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/re ... s/5300322/

Co-ordinates:
Cones at random event ;[26/08/2018 17:35] (sec-0013+0001);-50348.9;62.7211;4391.04;1.22983;-0.157333

Game log:
http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/re ... s/5300322/
Last edited by danbywinby on 26 Aug 2018 21:36, edited 1 time in total.
LeafeonGold

Re: Accident - Lane Closed Random Event

#2 Post by LeafeonGold » 26 Aug 2018 18:04

I agree, i've almost hit a couple of those from not being able to see the cones until i'm right up on them.
"Don't try extra hard to make your presence known, but make sure your absence is noticed."

Intel I7-4790K |//| EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW |//| 32GB RAM
Workshop |//| ATS Screens |//| ETS2 Screens
natvander
SCS Software

#3 Post by natvander » 26 Aug 2018 22:20

If you guys can find details / images for other countries I can re-open my report on this same issue (0052913)
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Hounddog

#4 Post by Hounddog » 26 Aug 2018 23:44

In Holland ...as far as I know (and saw often when I was a truck driver ) .....we get this first on the road ,when the accident is just happend ...
[ external image ]

When there is a big accident ,and the vehicles can't get off the road fast for some reason ...we normal may get this
a way before the road is closed !
[ external image ]

And also this ....when things really gets bad .......we see this ....way before the road is closed ....as a warning ( to see which lane is closed )
[ external image ]

But .....there is a big BUT......when the accident is just happend .....the things we see in ETS 2 is just realistic (but ....with a police car ...or something just behind the first cones) ;)
we've got rid of the kids.....our dogs were allergic

Gr Rob

My WOT   |   My ETS Screens-topic   |   My ATS Screens-topic   |   Hounddog Paintshop ETS   |   Hounddog Paintshop Las Vegas ATS
Sparky66

#5 Post by Sparky66 » 27 Aug 2018 06:32

I agree with this, I love the random events but this one has caught me out a few times, here in the UK at least you wouldn’t just have a few cones with no warning like that, it’s dangerous. They should add a police car with blue lights on parked diagonally just behind the cones and blue ‘police accident’ signs a short distance before (like the road work warning signs). From experience both these would be in place before the police worry about placing cones on the road.
natvander
SCS Software

#6 Post by natvander » 27 Aug 2018 08:05

I've posted a link to this thread in my report. Can't promise anything but it's there.
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#7 Post by Mohegan13 » 27 Aug 2018 08:22

Direct from the government website.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

The PDF
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
danbywinby

#8 Post by danbywinby » 27 Aug 2018 09:22

Thanks guys. Hopefully SCS will see it and do something about it.

@Moh1336 I'm not sure if those regulations actually apply when the lane is closed for an accident. They look more for roadworks which will close lanes for long periods of time as opposed to only a few hours.
Ikari
SCS Software

#9 Post by Ikari » 27 Aug 2018 13:40

Hounddog wrote: 26 Aug 2018 23:44 But .....there is a big BUT......when the accident is just happend .....the things we see in ETS 2 is just realistic (but ....with a police car ...or something just behind the first cones) ;)
exactly ... almost - now my sources are limited - I know - but according to them there is a strong emphasis on safety of the accident site and engaging rescue units - so if there is a car speeding down the closed line that is going to crash into the site there is always the heaviest vehicle to meet him ('the bumper position') - that would be a fire engine most of the time

now if there were a police car in front of the fire engine it wouldn't be in a protected area - there is an emergency, time is an essence, saving lives has a priority and you have always enough space to stop after you've crossed the cones

I know that this logic isn't used everywhere but it's the logic I've used
danbywinby

#10 Post by danbywinby » 27 Aug 2018 14:24

Again I can only speak for the UK but I have found this online PDF which has details of where emergency service vehicles park at incident scenes.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&sourc ... kbYXMFkk63

Return to “Bugs 1.32”