incorrect ADR signage

Space_Night

incorrect ADR signage

#1 Post by Space_Night » 27 Aug 2018 18:44

On AI trucks, and probably quick jobs too, signage on the trailers for ADR is using the American "Hazmat" signs as opposed to the European ADR signs and is lacking a "UN Number"
probably doesn't need to be fixed yet but may be worth addressing across the ADR trailers
Attachments
ets2_20180827_193853_00.jpg
Boy

Re: incorrect ADR signage

#2 Post by Boy » 28 Aug 2018 00:48

in your case I do not know if the code would be this one.

but in my yes is this.

more in my yes is this codigo for the fuel
In the country that I live

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Persecution 🤔
Dream Horse movie

"Tveka inte att fråga din Scania-återförsäljare om vilken modifiering som helst. Vi är det kompletta företaget vad gäller specialfordon."
https://laxasv.se/
natvander
SCS Software

#3 Post by natvander » 28 Aug 2018 02:02

It doesn't meet US requirements either. The UN number must be displayed on the sides, front and rear, either on a separate orange placard or (if this is not feasible or practical) on the hazardous material diamond.

Note that the image you used shows a UK placard, which is different to the UN standard. UK (and Australia, NZ and I think Malaysia) use a different placard to the rest of the world - it includes the emergency action plan for the load (the 2-3 numbers and letters e.g. 3YE, 2X, 4WE etc).
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
SweetErin

#4 Post by SweetErin » 28 Aug 2018 02:08

I've only ever seen the UN number on the diamond, but I also always see the UN Number on the diamond in the US
OlavEmil

#5 Post by OlavEmil » 28 Aug 2018 09:19

SCS has a LOT of work to do to make ADR even remotely realistic in ETS2. I saw them mentioning ADR plating in relation to owned trailers, so I have high hopes that they have something in the planning.

Out of curiosity, where is the trailer you used as an example of correct markings from? I have never seen a marking like that before. The only letter used as classification number (the one above the UN number) in the universal ADR code is X, which shows that the substance reacts with water. 3YE has to be some national specific marking.

In universal ADR, this substance, ethanol and gasoline mix, should be marked with 33 above the line, and 3475 below the line.

[ external image ]

Edit: Nevermind, had I just opened my eyes, I would have seen that natvander already wrote where this was from :oops: .
natvander
SCS Software

#6 Post by natvander » 28 Aug 2018 10:03

A quick run down on the Hazchem Emergency Action Code.

[ external image ]

So a chemical incident with a code 4WE requires a dry agent to combat any fires, requires FE suits, may be violently explosive and evacuations should be made in the surrounding area.

We then get more details based on the UN number as to how far the evacuation radius should be, methods of containment, treatment of victims etc.
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
bobgrey1997

#7 Post by bobgrey1997 » 28 Aug 2018 10:13

So, I'm confused; is this a bug or not?
(I never had an opportunity to notice these signs, as with my bad vision, they just look like odd-colored blobs)
natvander
SCS Software

#8 Post by natvander » 28 Aug 2018 10:16

I'll post it. It's not correct for either continent, but whether they feel it's worth the effort to fix it is up to them. It will require a fair bit of work to get the UN numbers etc lined up with the correct chemical.
mackintosh

#9 Post by mackintosh » 28 Aug 2018 10:18

As a filthy casual, I had no idea the ADR signage was wrong, let alone how wrong it was. Now that I do, it's going to bother me no end. I hope they fix it.
Boy

#10 Post by Boy » 28 Aug 2018 11:12

in this place, goes several numbers each number has its meanings, type 33/1203 it can carry alcohol, diesel and gasoline all together, more if it is only alcohol 33/1170.

anyone who knows the codes already knows what the trailer is carrying
Attachments
peri.png
Last edited by Boy on 28 Aug 2018 11:15, edited 1 time in total.
Persecution 🤔
Dream Horse movie

"Tveka inte att fråga din Scania-återförsäljare om vilken modifiering som helst. Vi är det kompletta företaget vad gäller specialfordon."
https://laxasv.se/

Return to “Bugs 1.32”